Hi there just a quiry please!

Hello ive been fluttering (Rolling, waddling) around minimins since just before easter struggling to find a plan for me ive found a few and then had second thoughts could I just ask you how you control your portions as this worries me a little..... i'm drawn to the sw threads as it seems friendly and very busy just what I need. Thank you.

You do not need to actively control your portion sizes on SW - follow the advice to include one third superfree with each meal, eat when hungry and stop when you are comfortably full rather than stuffed to the gills and you will be fine :)

With slimming world, most people follow the extra easy plan. On that plan, you have to fill 1/3 of your plate with fruit or veg. (you get a list of ones that count, they are called superfree. but pretty much all fruit and most veg), that naturally portion controls your pasta, potatoes, meat etc.

But apart from that, you have to learn to listen to your body and discover your appetite. Are you eating out of hunger, or is it boredom, emotional, habit etc..

Go for it I'm hooked. You will start getting fuller quicker after a few weeks in anyway your stomach is a muscle more you use it and fill it bigger it gets less smaller so if your like me ull find you just can't eat huge portions anymore.
Fill up on superfree and you will do well

I agree, I've tried loads of diets over the years, and I really think SW is by far the best. It's really easy to follow, as everyone else has said, and you'll be amazed how much better you feel for all the fruit and veg! It's also really adaptable - I go out quite a lot and always find something on the menu I can eat, and, as long as I stick to plan when I'm at home, I can have some really good nights out and barely gain. I'm definitely not losing as quickly as some people, but I'm losing at a steady rate and really feel like I'm going to keep it off for life this time! That's the great thing about SW, it really feels like an eating plan that will fit in with my life forever.

Sorry, but evangelical, but I really believe that SW is the answer!

I am on my second week of SW and I think it's very good,easy to do and doesn't feel like a diet just a change to how you are going to eat forever. I lost 10 pound in my first week so I was very chuffed!

I am on my second week of SW and I think it's very good,easy to do and doesn't feel like a diet just a change to how you are going to eat forever. I lost 10 pound in my first week so I was very chuffed!

Wow, we'll done you, that's amazing! :happy096:

The most I've ever lost in a week is 4lbs (which is also amazing!) but I think this just shows what a variety of people there are at SW, and how people lose at different rates. The great thing about SW is there's no judgment, no one forces you to have a specific target, or gives you a hard time if you haven't lost or anything like that.

So, snugasabug, have you made your decision yet?!

Back