Hi there...

Discussion in 'GI Diet Support Forum' started by tazzy21, 9 February 2011 Social URL.

1. tazzy21

tazzy21 Full Member

Start Weight:
    23st13lb
    Current Weight:
    23st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(3.88%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I'm Tanya, currently following a low carb diet plan but I am going to find it difficult to keep up with this as it does not really fit into a 'normal' lifestyle and will be difficult for me to maintain at my future workplace. Although I enjoy the diet, it is costly too.

I chose the low carb plan because I have PCOS, and had heard that the diet can be helpful. I know the GI diet also works in favour of PCOS so just wondered if people think its a good idea to change? will I put on much weight? I've already lost 14lb I don't want to put it all back on again :(

any comments would be appreciated,

Thank you x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. irish molly

irish molly Maintaing LT loss on GL

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    8st2lb(38.78%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    TFR/GL
    Well done on your losses to date. I don't see that you will put on weight when you switch to GL. I have read that it is very beneficial for pcos. I switched to GL from TFR and continued to lose well and have maintained my losses. I love GL. I've been a bit relaxed since Xmas so am eating a bit too many carbs but have not gained too much.
    My advice would be to limit wheat products initially. Introduce complex carbs slowly over a week or two. I use quinoa a lot instead of rice / potato and pasta.
    Keep a close eye on your portion sizes. also drink at least two litres of water a day. Lots of luck

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.