Hi there!

Daisy65 said:
Oh dear Mikey! If I ever cheat I will remember to steer clear of your thread! I agree however that there is no point in moaning about the diet if you aren't sticking to it - I think it's impossible not to lose any weight if you are only eating 500 calories a day.
Have had a good day wearing new top and crop trousers from around 1998! Hope you had a good one.

Oh no! If you cheat you should head right here! That's was kind of my point, I always find the truth to be more supportive than any amount of cooing and billing.

Why did we all keep those clothes from the 1990s? Lol, were we all thinking for all those years, "one day I'll get back into that"? Hmmm, I guess we were right!!

Yes thanks it was such a glorious day! Riding my bike along the seafront was awesome!

Hi Mikey. Sounds like you should be in the CD 100% posts rather than just in the CD diaries. There are people on here who fall off regularly (seemingly every other day) and don't make any progress and then think their body or the diet isn't working. However, there are also people who are dealing with the challenges of the diet and of life and sometimes make a mistake. That's simply human. And beating them up about it when they're already beating themselves up won't really help. The supportive comments are there to ensure the person doesn't quit. If they quit, then for sure the diet didn't work for them, plus they feel failure and guess what...they will probably end up comfort eating. If they don't quit, but get right back on the diet, then they can't fail and they can continue to experience losses.

All the great dieters that I've been following here have had "blips". But they are still here and they're still losing. And the person in the thread you posted who went from 27st to 14 or something like that - she also had blips (she just didn't post so much about them).

If it really bugs you, stop following the posts/threads of the people who are, shall we say, just going through the motions without actually following the diet.

tizzy51 said:
beating them up about it when they're already beating themselves up won't really help. The supportive comments are there to ensure the person doesn't quit. .

It seems to me that we just have different opinions on what is supportive

Yes I guess that If I fell off the wagon I would want to hear something more constructive than "aw hun, you will be fine"!

I've just had my medical review with my doctor and had the most amazing news. Not only has my high blood pressure problem gone away, but having been diagnosed as diabetic about 12 years ago and having been on metformin all those years, the doctor tells me that my blood sugars are now on the low side of normal range and that he is going to re-classify me as no longer diabetic.

I thought I'd leave you on that high note, however having noted that my thread has been moved because someone or other didnt like what I was writing in my own diary, I've decided to say my farewell's to you all.

I wish you all the very best with yur journeys.

What? going?? From minimins or from CD? I think you were moved to the diary section - more people seem to look at the diary section than 100%. Anyway, if we don't hear from you - good luck and fantastic news about the diabetes.

mikeyB said:
Maybe I woke up in a bad mood, or maybe I just want to rant, but sometimes I get so pissed off at the "support" offered by some on this forum. Specifically, people who come along to tell stories of how they "cheated" or they ate some chicken because they felt hungry or they couldnt stick to it cos the day had the letter Y in it. Immediately they get a dozen posts telling them its fine, they are ok, it wont do any harm, the diet will still work for them, they are doing great etc.

Maybe its because I'm a bloke and the world is more black and white to me, but in my mind that isn't fine, they aren't doing ok and the diet wont still work for them because they aren't on the diet!

someone else I know complains that the diet isnt working for her and that she would be better off on Atkins or something... I don't offer her words of comfort, I tell her straight that she if she is out on the booze all weekend and stuffing sunday roast dinners down her throat then she isnt on the diet and should stop complaining that it doesnt work.

the diet works, it works fantastically well, but like the national lottery... if you're not in it, you can't win it and telling people that "cheating" (IE not actually being on the diet but believing that eating AND taking a cambridge shake is somehow being on the diet) is ok isnt really all that supportive.

Rant over :) Seeya soon!

Totally agree. I've been 100% on plan since day 1 & throughout maintenance. No way am I spending £50 a week on CD to cheat. May as well do WW or SW which encourages cheat days. I wanted results & fast & paid a lot of money to get there. Like you say, you're either on plan or not! No half way house on CD. X

I've just had my medical review with my doctor and had the most amazing news. Not only has my high blood pressure problem gone away, but having been diagnosed as diabetic about 12 years ago and having been on metformin all those years, the doctor tells me that my blood sugars are now on the low side of normal range and that he is going to re-classify me as no longer diabetic.

I thought I'd leave you on that high note, however having noted that my thread has been moved because someone or other didnt like what I was writing in my own diary, I've decided to say my farewell's to you all.

I wish you all the very best with yur journeys.

I'm sorry to hear that, Mikey. I thoroughly enjoyed reading about your journey. I hope you're still dropping the pounds, and are enjoying yourself!

hello folks! long time no see. Thought I'd stick my head in for any of you oldies that might still be out there and give you an update.

Well... I did it.

Stuck to the plan and its now five and a half months since starting and I've reached the end of sole source!

Results after 5.5 months as follows;

Total loss, 104bs... yep... seven and a half stone in 5 and a half months.. isn't that freaking ridiculous! bahahahahahaha

Waist size reduced 14 inches.. oh yes...that oh-so-unachievable-goal of getting into 34" waist jeans easily ahcieved, and I have the Dolce & Gabanna's to prove it :)
chest size reduced 11 inches...my sister just got back from the USA and bought me some fabulous Abercrombie & Fitch t-shirts... and they only really make clothes for tiny people I never thought I'd fit into anything of theirs.
High blood pressure - cured
Type II diabetes - gone
eyesight - no longer need the glasses that were apparently only required due to my high blood sugars affecting my eyesight
Never get out of breath
I now stand up from chairs rather than heaving myself out of them
have to work really hard in the gym to get my heart rate to rise... rather than it hitting 150 the minute i got on a machine and staying there long after i got off

Every Goal achieved and I feel fantastic!

Weirdest stuff;

being the skinniest guy in the office... lmfao!
buying a shirt with the word "medium" in it.. I had thought that was someone who spoke to the dead, not a clothing size.
the way people treat you differently.. they smile more, they don't avoid sitting next to you on a train, they no longer show that unspoken (and occasionally spoken) sheer exasperation that you dare to take up so much room in the world.

So the easy bit is now over! now comes the scary part... re-introducing food and doing it sensibly to maintain this achievement.

Fingers crossed!

Last edited:
Mike - Congratulations!!! What a wonderful achievement! Not only are you inspirational, but you have changed (dare I say, saved) your own life! You must feel top of the world! Wow! Wow! Wow! :happy096:

Good luck with introducing food and maintaining your marvellous new weight! Will you be posting here on minimins? It would be really helpful as there are far fewer posts/experiences shared from people on the steps and in maintenance.

Hi mike - good to hear from you again and so pleased to hear about your amazing success.104lbs is amazing - and in such a short time. You must feel fantastic in your 34inch waist D&G jeans and now the slim guy in the office! But your health improvements are the important thing - you've probably added 10 years to your life.
I'm coming to the end of sole source and am looking forward to "proper" food again but am also apprehensive as I've had such a bad track record - must have lost and put on my entire body went twenty times over! Promised myself that I'll move up to step 2 by the end of august come what may.
Do keep in touch and let us know how you manage maintaining your weight.

Back