Hi, who else is doing the old Weight Watchers points?

sue70 said:
I have also just started on discover. I already had the book from the last time i joined. I looked at a few articles about pro points and decided i would rather follow what i know. Have stuck to it since last saturday and lost 9lb. I know it will slow down after first week but was pleased with the result. I love chocolate, but have had none and then had maltesers today as a treat. I had also cut out coke, i know i can have diet, but i will try to cut down as i was drinking 2 litres a day, which is not good. Looking forward to making new friends. x

Well done sue on losing 9lbs that's fab. I'm starting discover tomorrow. I've lots to lose. Was going to try pro points but like you I'd rather stick with what I know. :)

Thanks sue. The only thing I'm worried about is if I get down to my goal weight what are the maintenance points? I've got very little information in my old folder

Hiya - I'm going back on the Discover plan too. Propoints has been useless for me, and on Discover I always had a steady weight loss. The last straw with PP was gaining 2lbs last week and I had stuck to it religiously!!!

Hi frugalpam this is what I keep reading about. Some people just don't lose. I'm starting on 26 points. But not much info in my folder. I'm starting tomorrow. :) it's a bit quiet here. I need to buddy up with others. I have lots to lose.

I lost every week on discover but I had a lot of probs in personal life and put all the weight back on and more. Then they changed to pro points and I didn't like the sound of it. So I'm starting tomorrow on old plan xx

Hiya flumpet - I'm going to try and post on here pretty often, just hoping I can get to lose weight again. PP works for some, but I regret leaving the Discover plan :(. There's quite a lot of cheap books on Ebay, worth a look. Picked up some recipe books very cheaply. Good luck, keep posting how you're getting on.

Hiya yeah I'm going to keep posting frugalpam. Is there a weigh in thread for discover frugalpam?
How about doing a diary?

I tried Pro-Points last year for 3 months - I lost 7lb but then put it back on again and ended up where I started. It was incredibly demotivating, so I decided to go back to what I know works. Started back on Vintage/Discovery last Monday with both my BF and male housemate, we're our own support group! :)

Hi everyone, just started back on old points system yesterday. I lost over 3 stones a few years ago, reached my goal as I thought, but there was more wanted from me and I just found it impossible. I gave up going to meetings at that point, and of course the weight piled on. I have tried so many different things since then, but nothing worked. So I've decided to stick to what was best for me and to what I know. The new system would only confuse me now, and to be honest I simply can't afford to pay for meetings. I'm so glad that there are others on here with good advice and ideas. I feel well supported already. thanks
Good luck to all who are trying to shed the few pounds. There is strength in numbers!! :)

Im an ex pro pointer too. Just couldnt get my head round the extra weeklies etc. Have lost weight with discover before so have decided to return.

Looking forward to getting to know you all :)

Hi everyone!

I previously lost 2 stone following the good old points system. They then changed it to the ProPoints and it completed threw me into oblivion!!! I had no success with this plan so decided to completely change and try slimming world. I lost weight but have now put back on what I lost. I'm feeling a bit lost of late and so have decided to go back to the old points plan. I have dug out all my books and already feel more positive. I'm hoping that I can get back to loosing like I used to!! I've been looking around the web to see if there is much about the old plan and it lead me to this site. It's great to see there are other people in the same situation and willing to offer advice and ideas!

Good luck to you all!!! Here's to a safe and in control weight loss!!

Hi Loopy, maybe we can be buddies? I lost 6 stone on the Old WW about 10 years ago then when I put 2 back on I went to WW and it had changed to ProPoints and I couldnt get on with it, tried SW too, that wasn't bad but the syns were too restricting plus eating out seemed a no no. I like earning points through exercise and saving points for nights out so i'm back on the Original plan as of last monday. I hadn't kept my books so I bought them off eBay and a calculator. Feel like i'm back in that 'zone'! What day are you weighing in?

Hiya!

Yes defo!! If I can get used to using this forum!!!
Weight watchers old style obviously agreed with you too! You had a great loss! You must have felt fabulous!
I love being able to earn the points through activity. Gives you a little bonus/ boost, especially if need more points for the weekend. I used to do aqua aerobics every week which if I remember rightly earns me 4 points.
Yesterday was my first full day on the plan and it felt so easy. By counting the points gives me that portion control which you don't get with SW. I love potatoes, rice and pasta so I was in heaven when I could have these unlimited. That was the problem though I think! I had chocolate last night too which was fantastic! It's not such a bad thing on this plan.
I'm actually doing a bit of a weird thing because I'm still going to the SW weigh-ins on a Monday! I need that discipline to keep me on track but didn't like the ww leader!!!!! Plus I also thought it would all be aimed at ProPoints so no point!!
What day are you weighing-in? How have you got on this week?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I agree with you on the meetings. I thought I might go to WW just for the weigh in but i've started using Myfitnesspal appinstead which is amazing, so much better than ww esource. I've got to be strict with myself though because I tend to weigh myself too much, once a week is better. I weigh in monday morning. I've been going since a week last monday and no cheats yet but I do have a night out with food on saturday (chosen and paid for on my behalf - eek) so i'm really trying to save everyday.

My down falls are portion size, weekends eating with my other half (18 stone body builder!) and the vino!!! I'm not too bad with my food usually but i tend to slip into a rut and before I know it i've piled on. Since my holiday in june I put on nearly ten lbs so i'm trying to lose that and get down to 11 stone, i'm 5'8 so I would be happy with that.

What are you targets?

Oh what's that app? I'll have to have a look. I'm like you with weighing! I do it every morning!!! Can't help it! Haha!! It can help to get me going if I see I've lost!!
My partner too sits eating what he wants which can be a struggle sometimes.
I've got a wedding on Friday so can't control what I eat and obviously the alcohol will be flowing!!! Also have a party on Saturday night. Fortunately they are doing a chilli then so that's not so bad!
I previously lost just over 2 stone on ww. Put 10lb on then lost 13 on SW. I have now put 12 back on!!! Grrr!!!! My initial goal will be a stone but I need to loose 2 stone to get to goal (I think?!)
I've just bought a couple of books from eBay. The shop one and eat out. I recommend having a look on there for the cook books if you don't already have them. I bought a few when i was a member. I used them loads!

X

I bought a starter pack and a few weeks worth of books from a lady on eBay, then I picked up an old shopping guide and eating out guide. It's surprising how much is still the same in the shops and restaurants. I've got one cookbook and its pretty rubbish, only a few recipes in there, i'll have to look out for some more if you can recommend any? I like cooking from scratch and my boyfriend will eat healthy with me usually so he doesnt mind me cooking the ww recipes.

Did you look at myfitnesspal? I'm getting obsessed with it lol, every food you can think of is in there to track if you want to go down the calorie counting route. Plus it gives you goals for protein, carbs, iron etc etc for the day. I've also started measuring myself too just in case the weight goes slowly. Its good to see a difference there too.

Yes I had a look at myfitnesspal and signed up to it. Couldn't see where you get the food lists though? I'm doing it through the app.
The book called 'delicious' is one that I used mostly. Then there was the really old one called 'time to eat'. Have seen a few of them on eBay.
I was thinking myself maybe I should measure. I've never bothered before. Some weeks you do feel like you loose but the scales say differently!! Will give it a go!

Have you put you details in? I so it should give you a goal of calories a day. I'm on 1500. It will give you an option to 'add to diary' then you can add to breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. Search the database for your food and add it from there. It has had everything i've tried to add so far. It's another way of keeping track on what you eat like pointing, it's more accurate though. It's so easy adding it on your phone as well because if you're like me, its usually in your hand or right next to you haha!!!

I'm up and running now! Thanks! I was just being a bit dumb! Bit concerned though, I've put in all I ate yesterday and it still says I have calories left. When I pointed it all up I had used them all. Then when it gives you your estimated weight loss over 5 weeks it goes up the more you eat even though I hadn't used all calories!!!!!!
I thought the idea of the points was that you should eat all your points as that's what your body needs in order to then burn calories?!!
Am confused!!!!!!!!!!!! Hahaha!!!

Back