Hia all...I need help big time

mogsjap

Hi all,

Im emma....I live in south wales with my hubbie and 2 kids....Last year i was diagnosed with underactive thyroid...Ive pilled loads of weight on which is now getting me really down, Im now 21+ i feel like im dying.....Ive just had my meds increased to 125 as im back feeling tired with no energy. But i need to get started....Anyone got any advice...Im starting sw this week....

Hi Emma, Firstly welcome to the forum mate ;) Do you know that you can be reffered by your doctor, to go to SW and that way you wouldn't have to pay :D I'd deffinately let him know that you are going along to it, even if he didn't refer you. Sorry I have no advice about how poorly you are :( but I'm sure someone on here will have some advice for you.
Good luck

hello and welcome to the forum, where in south wales are you living ? I live near Bridgend ?
Good luck with your weight loss journey hun ;) x

Hello! I'm also from South Wales! Welcome to the forum! You'll find loads of support and advice on here! I agree with the post above emphasise the weight gain to your dr, they can refer you to weight loss clubs as well as the gym :)

Im in Garnant....I would goto the doctors but i need to do something now. Decision has been made...Im joining sw at 9.30

Well done mate good luck keep us informed. :)

Hi Emma

My Sis has this too. She was put on meds, and slowly but surely, the weight dropped off her. She's only 5ft 1", and weighed over 12st. She's now a tiny little thing!
Due to the meds, she has more energy, so is able to go to the gym, go jogging, etc., all things which she couldn't have done before.

Did you find your hair thinned out too? My Sis's did, but that's now grown back lovely and thick since she has been on the right dose.

Not much advice I'm afraid, but thought I'd let you know that the meds should help you to lose the weight too, once you're on the right dosage.

Please keep us informed!

:sign0144:Natalie X

Thank you Nat. There's so many symptoms and side effects its crazy. I have hair thining because if the pcos anyways. Im hoping things will work for me. Ty

Thank you Nat. There's so many symptoms and side effects its crazy. I have hair thining because if the pcos anyways. Im hoping things will work for me. Ty

Awww, I really hope you start to feel better soon, it's not nice at all :(
When did your GP up your dose? Once it's right, you will feel so much better xxx

Few weeks ago now...I was diagnosed end of june...Doc did tell me to wait till everythings settle but if i do that i dont know were i'll be.

Few weeks ago now...I was diagnosed end of june...Doc did tell me to wait till everythings settle but if i do that i dont know were i'll be.

I know how you feel, I'm on meds and spoke to a Nurse at my GP's. She is happy for me to do this, but wanted me to see a Doc any way, but I know I'm okay to do this so I started today, and will see my GP on Thursday. It's just a formality to be honest in my case.

You'll know if it's too much for you, and I don't need to tell you to get straight to your GP if you think it's necessary. Your health comes first before anything else my lovely, so watch out for any signs you may be pushing yourself too far too soon.

Really am wishing you luck, and hoping you do well! The meds WILL kick in when you've been given the right dose. Then you'll find it much easier to lose weight - it fell off my Sis when her dose was right xxx

Hello Emma, welcome back. I also recently rejoined SW because my health is suffering through my weight.we are all here for the same thing and I am sure you will do well if you lean on everyone for support.xx

Oh Ty so very much both. Im struggling at the mo with tiredness and no energy....wish these meds would kick in.

Awww, really hope you're feeling better soon!

Did the GP say how long it could take?

xxx

Normal takes 4-6 week Im 2weeks in :/

Oh! Was hoping it would be sooner! Fingers crossed you feel better very, very soon. And I hope you're on the right dose now
xxx

I've had hypothyroidism for almost 10 years. This sounds silly on a weight loss forum but I really recommend you stop weighing yourself. Get rid of your scale and if you go to a weight loss group skip the weigh in part. Set healthy goals for yourself apart from weight. For example you will walk 15 minutes a day or follow xyz plan or drink six cups of water. Sometimes the scale does not budge or it goes in the wrong direction :sigh: and it's a terrible emotional up and down. I know I've quit before just being discouraged. When you thyroid medicine kicks in you will feel more energetic. :hug99:

Hey Emma, how are you finding the slimming world plan? Can take some time to adjust to but I find it's really become a way of life now. I have lost close to 2 stone this year (well, started just before xmas but obviously wasnt going to lose much over that period plus while abroad twice :p)
If you have low energy but want to introduce some exercise I definitely recommend getting a Wii Fit if you havent already, or the wii game 'exerbeat'. The exercises are games that really take your mind off of the hard part and make it fun, it's very easy to start introducing more movement and it tells you how many cals you've burnt- and you can do it at home! I started off doing short exercises and now can do a full hour+ work out and burn 2000 calories, feels great!

Hia Tetris,

Im doing ok ty...lost 5 1/2ibs last week so im chuffed...Im walking the dog a few times a week to start off with

That'a amazing! Congrats :) I wish I had a dog to drag me out of the house hehe. X

Back