High fibre foods recommended

Thank u,

I had been eating readybreak everymorning and got a good telling off from the doc!
Thought i was being good.. Apparently not!

;-)

It's very filling and very healthy... But sadly not a lot of fibre.... Weetabix or allbran if you like them are packed with fibre... X

Hi Rachel!

The others already said the most important: lots of fruits and vegetables, only whole foods (brown rice, whole wheat pasta, whole wheat cereals, such as weetabix and all-bran, ...).
I would like to add the importance of drinking at least 1.5 litres of water (3 pints or 6 glasses) everyday because fiber needs water to bulk and work properly ;)

x

I agree ... Lots if good fibre.. Lots of water..low fat.. High protein.. If you stick to that I'm sure you will lose weight whilst remaining healthy :) x

pulses are also very high in fiber...like lentils and chickpeas and beans. Also you can buy packs of high fibre bran/seed mixes that you can sprinkle on your cereal to increase the fibre content...maybe hit the health food store. Also you can take a supplement of slippery elm which you have as a drink with lots of water...that is VERY high!

Thanks 4 all the tips girls.., im going to hit the health food store tomo defo! I find now the fibre makes my digestion process much more regular and i do feel much fuller longer too xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back