high heels - those at target

kikuka

Tequila makes miaow happy
Hi everyone

I was wondering - those of you who have lost loads or are at target - do you find that you can wear high heels now without as much pain - I am crippled with anything over 2 inches at the moment, but I am really hoping that when I am lighter I will be able to wear them to go out:D

Be interested in the replies to this one. I just lurve nice sharp pointy high heels, but cannot walk in them whatsoever. The balls of my feet start to burn in about 2 seconds flat! :mad:

Hi

Must just say I love the cat avatar:D:D

Before I lost weight, I always wore flatties although had a couple of pairs of wedge shoes that had a heel. Since losing weight I've bought some great stilletoes which I love for going out. At first they made my feet ache, but I guess its because my feet were so used to flats. I can now strut my stuff without aching feet:):):) and they make your calves look great too:D I only seem to lose balance after a few bevvies, not sure why:confused:;)

Tracey
x

Great question. I have so many shoes that I have not worn for ages. I so miss wearing heels I hope losing a stone or more will help me get back into some sexy high heels and skirts...Ooh can't wait.

I just wanted to add that after having lost my first two stone I also lost two shoe sizes and went from a size 7 to a size 5 so I can't wait to hit the shoe shops soon :p

Hi just wanted to know can you really lose weight from your feet too? I didn't know this...

I did:eek: I think a lot of weight on your feet is fluid retention as I had a gastric bypass and 4 weeks after my op I had lost 2 shoe sizes, it really was unbelieveable I couldn't get over it.

i went down one shoe size from a size 7 to a 6... and my slim foot became even slimmer ( really i was fat with a slim foot!!! pmsl)

I can wear higher and more stilleto type heels now.... but did take soem time to get used to them.... your feet ache cos theyre not used to the higher heel as minilady said earlier!!!

nas x

I found when I was thiner I could wear my high heels fine and have no sore feet but at this weight I can't. I hope to get this off and back into my heels! Doing Cambridge and lost 9 pounds so far

Yeah Yeah it's all true.
I lost 7 stone & the 'middle aged spread' that took me from a comfortable size 5 to a size 6+ had unspread. Even modest heals gave me discomfort in the ankles & the balls of my feet protested after a short while. They seem much happier now.
Having siad all that, I'm really not quite sure why we want to wear high heals. If we want to hinder our ability to walk while also causing damage to both legs & back then why don't we just go the whole hog & re-discover chinese foot binding.
Now there was a sick practise if there ever was one.

I take an extra wide fitting- 6EEE which limits the choice of style a bit! :sigh: mmm... maybe the feet will become less wide?! :)

Well it certainly should help.
If you imagine your feet like a tennis ball. Press on it extremely hard & see it deform,then remove 50lb of pressure , It'll spring back up a bit.
Apart from those like Bond girl whose feet were enlaged by fluid retention, I think most of us notice the shrinkage by a combination of a little fat loss (cf reduction in ring size in the fingers) but mainly the arches of the feet being splayed less by the reduced loading.

WooHoo, thats an incentive to loose weight! I love shoes and heels are the best things ever. I have loads of pars that i bought but just can't walk in . Roll on the day when I can put them on - hopefully thay won't become too big for me!

Crikey! Now I am scared! Just started Cambridge (day 5!) and in the past few years, before dieting and without my weight changing at all, I have gone from a size 6 shoe to a size 4! My feet might disappear altogether if I diet! Eek! Have already bought one new wardrobe of shoes (consisting mainly of heels - can't get away with flats for work, plus I am about 5ft tall, so I disappear without them!) recently, it will bankrupt me to buy another! Still, there will be a mass of beautiful size 4 shoes on ebay if I do - will let you all know!

Having siad all that, I'm really not quite sure why we want to wear high heals.

To aerate the lawn. Why else:confused:

If we want to hinder our ability to walk while also causing damage to both legs & back then why don't we just go the whole hog & re-discover chinese foot binding.
Now there was a sick practise if there ever was one.
Nah. Can't aerate the lawn with bound feet. Doesn't work.

I went from a 10EEE (continue infinitum) down to a very feminine and gorgeous 9C :clap:

Still wouldn't want to wear high heels though. Give me good solid hush puppies or clarkes flaties any day:clap:

To aerate the lawn. Why else:confused:

Oh! Thought that's what my dogs were for....Sorry H says the dogs do open cast mining

Nah. Can't aerate the lawn with bound feet. Doesn't work.
Can see that. Mind you nor did anything else. Saw some Xrays of grown woman feet-binding victim once.
25 yrs later they still haunt me.

I went from a 10EEE (continue infinitum) down to a very feminine and gorgeous 9C :clap:
That is a pretty dramatic change.
Still wouldn't want to wear high heels though. Give me good solid hush puppies or clarkes flaties any day:clap:
well quite! ( but don't tell the youngsters on here , or they'll think we're a pair of old fogeys) ..quite like Ecco shoes too, & mushulu & pikolinos...

Back