Step 1 Sole Source + Hitting a plateau on week 5

Harper'sMummy

Hey Everybody!

I am on my week 5 of SS+ and before my last weigh in I was convinced I hadn't lost anything (I'm a serial weigher) and i txt my consultant and she said that maybe I would lose it in inches.

Turns out i had lost 1.75kgs (down to 73kgs apparently, which was the lowest i have seen my scales so far) which I was surprised by.

Since my weigh in i have bobbed around 74kgs since tuesday going up in the evenings and down in the mornings. But never back to 73kgs.
I have been consistently dropping weight since i started so this has become a bit disheartening.

I still enjoy seeing that scales that low, but it isn't the same buzz as losing weight.

I am afraid I have hit a plateau!

Have any of you hit a plateau? How did you combat it?

I have started working out now.. only once since my weigh in due to being busy but am back at the gym tomorrow :) (aiming for 2/3 days either gym or a class a week as i do swimming lessons with my daughter too).

Please help

I don't want to lose motivation!!

To be honest I think that you should shop weighing twice a day and just stick to weighing with your consultant.

That is the effect of constantly weighing it really disheartens you but it seems that you got a good loss at your once a week weigh in with your consultant.

Stick with it.

week one- 17 1/2 pounds week two- 4 1/2 lbs week three- no weigh in week four- 11 lbs week 5- 5 1/2 lbs week 6- 4 lbs week 7- 1 lb week 8- 10 lbs week 9- 4.5 lbs week 10- 3.5 lbs week 11- 2 lbs week 12- 6 1/2 pounds

To be honest I think that you should shop weighing twice a day and just stick to weighing with your consultant.

That is the effect of constantly weighing it really disheartens you but it seems that you got a good loss at your once a week weigh in with your consultant.

Stick with it.

week one- 17 1/2 pounds week two- 4 1/2 lbs week three- no weigh in week four- 11 lbs week 5- 5 1/2 lbs week 6- 4 lbs week 7- 1 lb week 8- 10 lbs week 9- 4.5 lbs week 10- 3.5 lbs week 11- 2 lbs week 12- 6 1/2 pounds

I agree...it's not the best idea to weigh yourself everyday! I did that last week after a disappointing week 5 and it didn't seem to be moving at all for the whole week until Friday rolled around and I checked and I was 3/4lb down....you have weekly and monthly fluctuations so twice daily is really completely inaccurate....

Yeah i know it's not good... haha
Im such a control freak i just love seeing it haha

I will try this week but I'm hopeless with that, id rather not cheat and weigh myself as much as i want. Weighing myself reminds me how well i'm doing :)

Yeah i know it's not good... haha
Im such a control freak i just love seeing it haha

I will try this week but I'm hopeless with that, id rather not cheat and weigh myself as much as i want. Weighing myself reminds me how well i'm doing :)

Hi, Harpers Mummy!

It's slowed down for me too, but am still losing inches - I get measured by my consultant- which seems really bizarre. She said just stick with it, if you are doing CWP 100% (which I have been , and I know you are too) then the weight has no option but to come off.
Got very disheartened this past week as bought some ketosticks that have stayed stubbornly beige ("negative" for ketones) every single day, except one day when they went to the palest pink ("trace") - so was convinced I had lost nothing and maybe even gained, just couldn't figure out why - but at my weigh in today have actually lost 2lbs in the past 5 days.
The human body is a mysterious thing!
Think we have to worry less and trust in the programme : some things just take a little longer than we want ! xxx

Yeah, it's a bit like that!

I had my weigh in and the weight hadn't come off (except for 300g) but no inches either!
Just gonna keep my chin up... Guess its my body having a break!

My consultant said she did exactly the same thing so that reassuring.

Back