1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

hiya,i love crisps

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by louielouie, 17 June 2008 Social URL.

1. louielouie

louielouie New Member

slimming world
    ive just joined this site and i have already purchased a microwave chip maker ive just got to wait for it to com now,i hope they are nice
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sonban

sonban Addicted to Minimins

I have heard they are nice but apparently, so I heard, not syn free so I would check if you can with your consultant.
  4. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    I thought microwave crisps were free?! It's the lasagne ones that aren't. I need to check on that before I buy a crisp maker. Anyone else know?
  5. ang

ang Full Member

slimming world
    i had been told they were sins but i will double check with my leader xx
  6. Doughnut

Doughnut Full Member

Weight Watchers
    Really? Surely they're just potato & Fry Light?!
  7. ang

ang Full Member

slimming world
    i was a bit stunned when they said as i thought the same as you ,its the same for lasagne sheets when they are boiled and then cut up and sprayed with fry light in the oven to make crisps ,i ate loads of those then told they were sins but why? i think different consultants say different things xx
  8. emmaleighjohnson

emmaleighjohnson Pink and Fluffy Poster

Cambridge Diet
    I thought they were free too... how many syns are they?
  9. ang

ang Full Member

slimming world
    i am not sure but i will try to find out for you xx
  10. emmaleighjohnson

emmaleighjohnson Pink and Fluffy Poster

Cambridge Diet
    I just can't even imagine how you would calculate it. I expect they're not exactly good for you (all the salt) and may cause a bit of water retention but... damn damn damn. I love those little blighters.

Plus they take an age to make so it's not like you're downing a family pack of Doritos.
  11. Jennyonaplate

Jennyonaplate Gold Member

Slimming World
    I think it's the same for microwave crisps as lasagne doritos. Because of the way they're cooked you can eat a whole lot more of them without them filling you up which defeats the reason they were made sin-free foods (ie they filled you up without needing to eat masses). I would imagine that with crisps, because you're taking the water content out then there's no way they're going to fill you up in the same way they would if they were roasted/mashed/baked ect, so you'd have to eat a whole lot more, which in turn means lots more calories.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.