Hleb's gone home - weight's gone down!!

Discussion in 'Orlistat (Xenical)' started by Passiflora, 6 July 2011 Social URL.

1. Passiflora

Passiflora Dasvidaniya FAT & FLAB!!

Diet:
    WW
    Some of you may remember that we hosted a child affected by the Chernobyl disaster for a month. Hleb went home on Monday:cry::cry::cry:, but thanks to a lovely hubby who picked Hleb up each evening and dropped him off most mornings, I was able to continue with my weightloss and exercise and I lost 6.5lbs during his stay! I am mightily chuffed!!

With hubby doing the drop offs and pick ups, I managed to carry on with the majority of my zumba classes and swimming, Hleb loved the outdoors, so he even dragged me around the fell on our bikes. I've not been on a bike in years - and it felt quite liberating cycling down a hill shouting "woo-hoo" at my age!!

Yes, I had a few hiccups and nibbled at the goodies at the foods I got in for Hleb, which wouldn't normally be in our house, but they have all now gone - as has my fruit - I have never known a child to eat as much fruit at Hleb!!

I even went for a 10 mile walk on Monday to stop me from comfort eating - I was frightened that I would just stay at home and hoover up all the remaining goodies, but each time I get upset at missing him, I just think of his happy face and that we'll be seeing him again next year!:D:D:D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sammyd

sammyd Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st11lb
    Current Weight:
    18st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    orlistat
    hiya,
    lovely story!.. well done with the weight loss!
    sam....x

4. Rachgleeson

Rachgleeson Gold Member

Start Weight:
    332.5lb
    Current Weight:
    313.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    196lb
    Lost(%):
    19lb(5.71%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers and 16:8 intermittent fasting
    We missed you Passiflora, glad to see your back and still having great weight losses

It must of been hard saying goodbye, i know i would hate it i get so attached to these kids, I think its amazing what you and so many others do for these kids, there was a group of them over in our area too. they all looked so excited. I know it does wonders for them to have this break away from their own country!!

5. toofatkat

toofatkat Not such a fat kat now :)

Start Weight:
    19st1.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st10.5lb(30.09%)
    Diet:
    low fat calorie counting with slimming world influences
    One of my students used to organise these visits and she said that just the month in this country actually extends their life by a few years. It's amazing. Thanks for what you do. X :)

6. Kes

Kes Gold Member

Start Weight:
    232lb
    Current Weight:
    179.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    140lb
    Lost(%):
    52.2lb(22.5%)
    Diet:
    was on Slim Fast but changed to Slimming world and Xenical
    hun, it is always hard saying goodbye...

but well dont on resisting the comfort eating!!!

7. Kes

Kes Gold Member

Start Weight:
    232lb
    Current Weight:
    179.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    140lb
    Lost(%):
    52.2lb(22.5%)
    Diet:
    was on Slim Fast but changed to Slimming world and Xenical
    and on losing while he was there :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.