Hleb's gone home - weight's gone down!!

Passiflora

Dasvidaniya FAT & FLAB!!
Some of you may remember that we hosted a child affected by the Chernobyl disaster for a month. Hleb went home on Monday:cry::cry::cry:, but thanks to a lovely hubby who picked Hleb up each evening and dropped him off most mornings, I was able to continue with my weightloss and exercise and I lost 6.5lbs during his stay! I am mightily chuffed!!

With hubby doing the drop offs and pick ups, I managed to carry on with the majority of my zumba classes and swimming, Hleb loved the outdoors, so he even dragged me around the fell on our bikes. I've not been on a bike in years - and it felt quite liberating cycling down a hill shouting "woo-hoo" at my age!!

Yes, I had a few hiccups and nibbled at the goodies at the foods I got in for Hleb, which wouldn't normally be in our house, but they have all now gone - as has my fruit - I have never known a child to eat as much fruit at Hleb!!

I even went for a 10 mile walk on Monday to stop me from comfort eating - I was frightened that I would just stay at home and hoover up all the remaining goodies, but each time I get upset at missing him, I just think of his happy face and that we'll be seeing him again next year!:D:D:D

We missed you Passiflora, glad to see your back and still having great weight losses

It must of been hard saying goodbye, i know i would hate it i get so attached to these kids, I think its amazing what you and so many others do for these kids, there was a group of them over in our area too. they all looked so excited. I know it does wonders for them to have this break away from their own country!!

One of my students used to organise these visits and she said that just the month in this country actually extends their life by a few years. It's amazing. Thanks for what you do. X :)

hun, it is always hard saying goodbye...

but well dont on resisting the comfort eating!!!

and on losing while he was there :)

Back