Hmm.... Family gathering.... :(

Birthday Dress

6 Months To Go
Hi, everyone. I haven't posted here in a while because I was initially disheartened with my first week loss.

I only lost 3 lbs that first week, and then each week after it. I'm also on my period & have gained now... I know it's just water & bloat, but... :sigh:

Anyways, I have a biiiiiiiiiiiiiig family gathering at the end of April and I'm worried about not looking better by then.

I suppose if my average loss is 3 lbs a week then maybe I should lose a stone or thereabouts.

I just don't know if it's enough for me to feel comfortable going there and not feeling hideous in front of my incredibly judgmental family.

Then there's the other problem... having to eat real food. :(

Has anyone noticed a difference in their body after they lost their first or second stone, not including the first week's 'woosh'?

I have this size 16 dress in my wardrobe right now. I feel ridiculous for buying it. I definitely won't fit into it by then, will I? :rolleyes:

Focus - but find a positive focus - how good you're going to look, how you'll probably find that 16 will be too big by then, how amazing you'll feel in yourself. Cause honestly honey, that's all that matters - how you feel about yourself. Whatever anyone else says to you won't make a jot of difference if you're not feeling it yourself. Look at what you've acheived so far. You've tried this out, you've come on here, you're ready to make a commitment. Be kind to yourself, consider what you will achieve, not what you should achieve. And, it doesn't matter what anyone thinks, and if they are unkind enough to share their own negative reflections with you by aiming them at you (they are really about themselves) then accept them gracefully and realise that they are in no way about you. People are strange creatures, I know this as I am one. Be positive about what you'll acheive, how you'll look, then invest in a good bra, a belvia body suit, practice walking tall and fake it til you get there - and you'll get there a whole lot quicker if you've practiced on the way ;)

Thank you, Noodles. You always have such helpful things to say, you're an inspiration. :)

I will do my best to be more positive as the weight comes off! I hope... :p

Great advice from noodles as always! You also have a choice about whether to eat food. Just because they expect it doesn't mean you have to fit into that. I've been to plenty of 'do's where I didn't eat - people don't care about what you're eating as much as we think they do. If you do choose to eat then you could have protein and salad - then you are still sticking to the diet.

Thank you, Weasey! I will do the protein & salad then, my family are pretty crazy when it comes to me not eating, at least this way I can keep S&S my little secret... :)

Back