Hmmm...this wasnt right, was it??

baby_callalillies

Just been reading some posts regarding newbies here and the advice about those with BMI's over 40 and that they should have a signed GP letter or at the very least their CDC should be contacting their GP to let them know they are following a VLCD... Is this ALWAYS the case??:confused:

My BMI was close to 47 when i started SS and i do recall my CDC asking for GP details. However, when i saw my GP the other week, she was very complimentary about my weight loss and i mentioned that she should have known about it, if indeed she was sent a letter from my CDC!!! She had a flick through my notes....not a thing!

So..... why did my CDC not inform the surgery that i was on this diet? I assumed she had to disclose this info :confused::confused: have i got it wrong??

anni
xxxxxxx

awwwww thanks ;-) You are doing brilliantly yourself.

I feel im so slow at this game - most peeps who started around the same time as myself have completely overtaken me. I still feel i look the same as i did all those stones ago (seriously!) maybe when i hit the 100lb mark i will feel ive accomplished something.!!! Theres just no pleasing me eh?

xxxxxxxxx

Wow that is an amazing loss !!!!!!!!
I remember my cd taking my dr's details (my bmi was 33) but haven't been to docs since so not sure if she informed him?

I went to see my CDC for the first time on Monday. I was given some products but also a form to get signed by my GP as my BMI was 46,
Saw GP on Tuesday, who signed it no problem.
On day 3 of SS now :)
Congratulations on your weightloss!!

Firstly, well done on your fab loss so far!!! :wow:

So..... why did my CDC not inform the surgery that i was on this diet? I assumed she had to disclose this info :confused::confused: have i got it wrong??

Did you fill out a medical record form before you started the diet? the one asks for details about health etc?

I was over 40 bmi when I started and was given a medical form and a booklet to take to my doctors and get signed.

Hi all,

Many thanks for your comments. I truly dont think theres much difference in myself since i started Cd. I thought i would have looked slimmer, but i still have all the rolls of fat i had originally! I get so jealous when i see before and after pics of lots of people on here - as there really is a difference even after a few stones loss.

KD, yep, I filled out and signed all of the forms and my CDC specifically told me she HAD to inform my GP that i was on the diet. I said that was fine - i just wondered why my GP hadnt heard about this. I assume CDC didnt let her know.

Ah well....not to worry now. I was just happy she saw me and was ok about me mentioning i was on CD. I was waiting on the disapproving looks. lol

xx

Many thanks for your comments. I truly dont think theres much difference in myself since i started Cd.

Ack. This happened to me. People thought I was kidding, or perhaps searching for complimenets??? Nothing could have been further from the truth....I just didn't think I looked smaller at all!

I felt it though! I felt more healthy, more energetic.

KD, yep, I filled out and signed all of the forms and my CDC specifically told me she HAD to inform my GP that i was on the diet.
Umm. Which she didn't have to. BUT..when you filled it out, you would have ticked the over 40 BMI box, and when you signed it, it does say "if you have answered YES to any of these questions blah blah, please ask you dr to complete the confirmation.

Of course, she should have pointed that out to you and not given you any products until it was signed and stamped by your doctor! But, she doesn't have to notify your doctor personally. Not in this case.

Anyway, glad it's all turned out well in the end :clap:

oi you 2 ganging up on me???

Im only 5ft 1.5!!! ickle one, which is why i think i carry those pounds badly!

I see the scales, see the loss....but dont 'see' it on myself. I've been taking photos every month since the beginning and i can obviously see a difference, but in my mind not enough to justify the loss. God, its certainly not for complimentary reasons as i dread meeting those i havent bumped into in a while as i feel awkward around the topic.

I think i need to not think about it too much and let my head 'catch up'

Surely there are others who feel the same!!! *hope*

have a good day
x

I know exactly what you mean!

I still have the same fat in the same places, but its just smaller! I don't have the flat belly, i still have three bellies, but yet I'm pretty much in the normal weight range now. I certainly don't look skinny!

I'm the same height as you btw!

well done scottishmum.... maybe its the height thing!
Good luck becoming a CDC. I would love to do that myself one day - maybe wait til kids are older and ive maintained for a bit.
xxxxxxxx

oi you 2 ganging up on me???

Im only 5ft 1.5!!! ickle one, which is why i think i carry those pounds badly!

I see the scales, see the loss....but dont 'see' it on myself. I've been taking photos every month since the beginning and i can obviously see a difference, but in my mind not enough to justify the loss. God, its certainly not for complimentary reasons as i dread meeting those i havent bumped into in a while as i feel awkward around the topic.

I think i need to not think about it too much and let my head 'catch up'

Surely there are others who feel the same!!! *hope*

have a good day
x

Yep, I go through highs and lows all through the week. I'm feeling pretty fat at the moment, after a good day yesterday and a 6lb loss. There's no rhyme or reason to it...

Back