Hmmm....

summer fruits

Right well its the end of my 3rd week and again i've stayed the same, better than putting it on i know but still....

Bad points... drinking at weekends should really stop this
not drinking enough water
and i've also started binging in the evenings....

so i know what im doing wrong its just a matter of not doing it!

Look at it this way - your initial 8lbs lost averages out over your 3 weeks as just over 2.5lbs a week which is great.

Now focus your mind and move on. You can do this.

Right well its the end of my 3rd week and again i've stayed the same, better than putting it on i know but still....

Bad points... drinking at weekends should really stop this
not drinking enough water
and i've also started binging in the evenings....

so i know what im doing wrong its just a matter of not doing it!

Hi Summerfruits. Gosh if it was as simple as knowing what to do, we'd all be skinny minnies.

It sounds like you need a strategy for the evenings so you don't start the binging (I know only too well how hard it is to stop once you start). Are you letting yourself get too hungry in the day? One tactic I have tried is eating all my meals later. I've never been a breakfast person so am happy with a cup of tea. Then I have my first shake about 11.am. Then a coffee and a snack (up to 150 cals e.g. slimfast bar, curly wurly, fudge finger) about 1.30-2pm. Then my "lunch" shake comes in at about 4pm. The other thing I try to do is have something to do between 6 and 7pm. For me that's go online, make phone calls, play poker, faff about. If I can make it past 7pm without starting eating it just feels a bit easier. I might have a diet coke or cup of hot choc during this if I'm getting cravings. Then I start making supper and eat about 8pm. This leaves enough cals left for a late snack if I need one. This might even be another slimfast if I think I'm not going to be able to sleep from hunger/craving.

With regard to the drinking, this was a problem for me as well so I started driving more cos I knew I wouldn't drink and drive. As I live in a city this has come to be more convenient than the joy of drinking a lot of the time. I realized that I often only had a couple of drinks over the limit and began to wonder whether it was worth the hassle and cost of public transport/taxis. The more I've driven the more I've preferred it for casual socializing. I still have a couple of nights a month where I don't drive and drink more than I should but its nowhere near as much as it was. So this is win-win. Cheaper and less empty cals.

My other weak moment was cooking a roast dinner on Sunday - I always had a g & t/sherry/whiskey while cooking and then wine with the meal. I cook less roasts (again, win-win), have diet coke instead and only drink if we have company.

I have a habbin of nibbling before dinner aswell!!
I come home from work now and have a pint of water then
get on to my stepper or start getting the little one readyf or bed..
this keep me busy till dinner time. I also eat earlier than i used to and plan to snack later on fruit. I dont always get round to it but i tell myself i have the option. I know its silly but it works for me. lol

cheers guys

im going out this weekend but was thinking about driving so i wouldnt drink, plus wouldnt wake up feeling like poo the day after too!

i suppose my day is pretty spcaed out, i have breakfast about 7/7:30, snack between 10/11 lunch between 12/1 snack about 2/4 then dinner between 6/7 sometimes 8.

i do drink a bit of coke as i do find it helps fill me up. i think i should really try to just have a tea instead in the morning as im not really hungry when i have breakfast then have breakfast a bit later on say when i get to work. hmm cheers guys going to give it a go tomorrow see if i feel any better!

plus i didnt binge so much when i got home last night so maybe im thinking is that extra packet of crisps worth me not losing the weight this week?! answers simple...

Nice to see you're feeling much more positive Summerfruitie-tootie. Your last post suggests you're oversnacking rather than binging?? In some ways a true binge is so excessive that its almost easier to deal with cos you know its happening. There are other threads on here about binging that you can look at. If it is oversnacking then this can be really sneaky - just the odd bite of cheese or packet of crisps or biscuit can all add up. I think snacking is more linked to craving and it might help to have a distraction strategy to "ride out" the craving. Think of the craving as a wave coming into shore and that when you hit the shore it will go. Often cravings can seem really strong but it is possible to eliminate it by doing something else that fills up your mind. For me, diet coke full of ice is a good distractor as it still feels like a treat and is tasty. Other ideas are cleaning your teeth, exercise, going for a walk, talk to someone on the phone, come on here and start a thread. Good luck. x

Back