Hobbies

klizw

Most of us probably eat more when we are bored (I know I do!) so I thought I would start this thread to see what interesting hobbies that we all do that make use of our time and give us other things to do rather than eating rubbish.

My job leaves me a lot of spare time so I have this problem quite a lot. Maybe we will get some interesting ideas and give some new things a go!

Mine are:

- playing guitar - can lose hours practicing
- reading
- kitesurfing - uses loads of energy (but im always STARVING afterwards)
- making/altering/customising clothes and soft furnishings
- shopping! (as long as I dont go for lunch!)
- planning my wedding!
- finding new music to download also takes up a lot of my time

x

Hello...are you my double? lol Except for kitesurfing, I do all those things!
Everytime I want to snack, I learn a new song on the guitar. I eat less and learn more - can't be bad.
I have also been trying to work on my dissertation more when I am hungry, anything to distract me from eating really.
I got the new mario game on the Wii for Xmas - that's a good distraction :)

Hi there

I am also planning my wedding and weigh about the same as you at the mo with a goal similar although I am only 5'4! When are you getting married? I am 20/11/10 I just can't wait am so excited - have you started dress shopping yet!

I love
running
reading trashy books - mike gayle etc
holiday bargain hunting online
weekends away

x

Hi girls, spent a lot of time today distracting myself with the guitar, I've been very bored today and just eaten a dairy milk! oops

I'm getting married on July 31st and have my dress already! Do you have yours? I need to get more organised though, going bridesmaid dress shopping on Sat. Are you having a big wedding?

x

I have only been to one shop, I am so rubbish with wedding prep - all my married friends think I am crazy! I am a more sort of last minute girl although have planned my dress shopping in 1 day in feb!
My wedding is at a beautiful local hotel (ceremony and reception) in Bedford with about 60 to the day and 100 or so to the evening so quite reserved! How about you? Where are you off to on honey moon, we are heading to miami and the carribbean on a cruise! Yay!
x

You need to get your dress! I wanted mine asap! Mine is in a small castle near Stirling, its a lovely setting. We are hoping for around 40 day guests and 150 at night (thats max at night) but I think day invites might get out of hand!

The honeymoon still isnt booked, we keep changing our minds. He is away working but due back on Sat so going to have a look maybe next week. We both kitesurf and want somewhere that is in season. Hoping to get away for a month. Cant wait!

x

Back