Holiday help

curvy_em

Fresh start
I everyone. I am going to Lanzarote on thursday morning for a week. It's All Inclusive and has been booked for about 8 months. I just wondered what you all recommend I do food wise. I want to enjoy myself but not ruin what I have already achieved. Any tips are much appreciated xx

Does it make a difference that it's all inclusive? Are you worried about losing the money you've already paid for the food/drink? How much would you pay right now to have a slimmer healthier body? You've paid the money but it is your body that will pay the price if you go off plan.

I know everyone's different and it may be your time for a break. Personally I would stick to plan. I would have 3 packs a day plus a protein meal. Sticking to packs which are easily taken around with you such as bars/shakes. You can make up the shakes in a small bottle of water - just drink half the water then add the shake put the lid on and shake. No need to carry a shaker everywhere. Then I would have a protein meal once a day. I would allow myself more proteins though (I do that now) but stick to lean protein with salad or low carb veggies. Then you could come back from holiday having lost weight!

Go on holiday, enjoy yourself but act like you are at maintainence and son't go ott. Eat sensibly as this is a lifestyle change.

x

Maybe stick to protein and salads, increase your calorie intake and go down to two packs a day? So a shake for breakfast, a small portion of meat and salad for lunch, a bar for snack and meat and salad for dinner? I reckon that would take you to between 800-1200 calories, depending on your portions, which could be low enough to keep you in ketosis.

do what you feel is best! i know the willpower to keep at it fuly on holiday would be hard but like weasey said it would be so worth it and imagine telling people that on holiday you lost weight!! quite an acumplishment! however if you arent going to do it get ready for about a 7lb gain if you come off compeltely! thats what i had last week and its nowday 5 of 100% and ive still got 3lb to get off before im back at what i was when i started :(

Thanks everyone. I'm not worried about the money etc but it's more the social thing of everyone else going for meals. I am going to take my bars and shakes with me though and drink lots of water and no alcohol!! I will be happy to come back at the same weight as I go. xxx

Hi Curvy-em, oooooo now that is a tricky one to answer and I guess we all have different opinions, but personally I would be as miserable as they come if I had to take my S&S packs on holiday!!!!!!! I would come off plan for the week and eat sensibly and come out of ketosis, I would choose fresh fruit for breakfast, sensible protein rich meals with salad, limit my carb intake to a minimum and enjoy a glass of wine, my objective would be to return from holiday with a small gain and would get back on S&S the day I land and no stalling! Good luck whatever you choose and have a super holiday x

I came off plan for a weeks holiday. I gained 12lbs but it's water not real. I started back on packs on Sunday and by Monday had lost 4lbs. Easy on. Easy off ;)

Back