Home baked bread recipe?

parisienne

I have an urge to start baking my own bread, but only if I can make it SW-friendly as a HEXB or a low syn treat. Thinking of doing bread buns/barms. Does anyone know any recipes for this sort of thing? I don't have a bread maker or anything. Is it possible to have home-baked bread on SW? Seems silly buying expensive Weightwatchers bread that doesn't taste of much when a small amount of home made bread can be so satisfying (and surely healthier with less preservatives etc?!) x

I used to make my own bread pre-slimming world. I continued making wholemeal loaves to usual bread recipes minus the oil/butter for a while but you don't get much at all for your 60g so I soon stopped. Although shop bought bread is nowhere near as nice you do get a whole slice or two whereas with homemade it was more half a slice as it's heavier than the really airy shop bought.

You don't have to eat Weight Watchers bread. You can have any wholemeal bread as long as you weigh it and only have 60g so you can buy the nicer loaves if you prefer.

Its disappointing that SW doesn't go with having home-baked bread as its sooo much better! But thanks for the suggestion, I didn't realise I could have any wholemeal bread, the bread section in the book is so puzzling I've just stuck to one brand so I know I'm picking something thats 'allowed'. Will satsify my bread craving from the bakery counter next time! If only tiger bread was SW friendly haha :p

I bake my own wholewheat. It is a small tweak, but even shop bought 100% whole wheat will have some sort of sugar and oil in it. The yeast won't rise properly without sugar. In fact I would say homemade is better for you, as the shop bought stuff tends to have rubbish added to it to make it last longer.

I just stick you the 60g for a HEb. It is the only tweak I do.

I do occasionally buy the supermarket stuff. But I hate the taste of it now.

You do only get 1 slice for 60g of fresh baked whole wheat, but it is so much more filling and wholesome.

I bake my own wholewheat. It is a small tweak, but even shop bought 100% whole wheat will have some sort of sugar and oil in it. The yeast won't rise properly without sugar. In fact I would say homemade is better for you, as the shop bought stuff tends to have rubbish added to it to make it last longer.

I just stick you the 60g for a HEb. It is the only tweak I do.

I do occasionally buy the supermarket stuff. But I hate the taste of it now.

You do only get 1 slice for 60g of fresh baked whole wheat, but it is so much more filling and wholesome.

Do you have a recipe BritMum?

I try to avoid bread completely cos I know if I make a loaf in the bread maker I will want to eat the lot - with loads of butter on it too :)

Back