Homemade Chapattis

B4VVY

Anyone know the syn value of them? I've always been curious as when I am on a diet I don't eat them because books say they are about 7 syns each? But that's based on takeaways.

I make them at home, all we do is mix a tiny bit of oil with flour then mix in hot water to make a dough then roll them to the size of maybe a side plate, my chapattis are quite thin also, then we put them on a flat pan to cook on both sides.

If you cook without the oil ie mix the flour and water it is 3 syns for a medium chapatti (that excludes any butter/marg on top!) Mine are small and very thin so I allocate 3 syns each. I'm not sure how much it would be when you add the oil as it depends on exactly how much oil you're adding.

I stopped eating them because of the syns and have curries with rice, but it's nice once in a while.

The syn values are in the food optimising book at the back, under bread section I think

you will need to syn the ingredients individually to work out the syn value.

for instance 28g of white flour is 5 syns
28g of wholewheat flour is 4.5 syns.

then oil is 6 syns per tablespoon.

Last edited:
Chapattis made with fat 28g - 4.5 syns on all plans 60g average 10 syns on all plans

Chapattis made without fat 28g - 3 syns on all plans, 55g average 5.5 syns on all plans

Paratha bread (plain) 28g - 4.5 syns on all plans, 140g average 22.5 syns on all plans

I miss stuffed parathas (with potatoes) but it's not worth the syns!

I actually think that's not too bad syn wise! So if you enjoy them and want to have one then why not! That's what your syns are there for after all.

Back