homemade turkey burger recipe

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by My Skinny Jeans Challenge, 4 February 2010 Social URL.

1. My Skinny Jeans Challenge

My Skinny Jeans Challenge Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(6.9%)
    So here is my homemade turkey burger recipe (makes 6)

800g (28oz) Turkey Mince
    2 Medium Onions
    2 cloves of garlic
    2 teaspoons ground Cumin
    2 teaspoons ground Coriander
    1 teaspoon Chilli powder
    1 fresh Chilli

Chop up the onions, garlic and chilli as finely as possible or if you are like me and hate chopping up onions and etc.

I get out my old food mixer and put on the metal blade and put in the onions garlic and chilli and give it a quick wizz round and it's finally chopped in seconds.

Put this in a bowl and add the chilli powder, ground Cumin and ground Coriander and give it a good mix round so all the spices attach themselves to the onion and garlic.

Then add the turkey mince and mix it again .

Then you need to divided the mixture into 6 burgers.

To make them into the shape of burgers I always get out my egg rings, the ones that you use to cook poached eggs and with a spoon I fill the egg ring up and push the turkey burger mixture down.

Then you slide the egg ring off the burger and there it is a perfect burger.

Then all you need to do is cook them. They will take about 12 minutes each side.

I hope you like them. If you want you can add a small cube of cheese, I use Chedder
    just place the cheese i the middle of the burger.

I hope you like them.

Summer time bbq's I always have to make a load when I go round to friends. Even the kids like them.

Make extra and freeze them so I always have some to defrost

I put this in the wrong place so I hope it is ok that I have posted it again:D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.