Honda's peepings

Well the last cat I had for a year, so yes, there were tears when he left. He was a whiny bugger, but he was MY whiny bugger, you know? :D To be brutally honest though, I'm just a coward. It is much, much easier to lose a cat to a new home than to old age, illness or a car accident. I can't face that. This way when they leave me they are happy and healthy. I've lost two of my own cats to illness and that was quite enough, thank you!

Well Honda, you could get a ***** and breed it with a ******* and have a whole bunch of baby *********s! LOL :D

NB Apparently "bugger" is ok, but female dog isn't. Hmmm.

Morning, well maybe beetch! would work ;)

Beeatch.....all very strange... Anyhow, I am 2lb down, think I'll knock the cream on the head this week and see what happens?

:)

2lbs is still a good loss, especially if it happens most weeks - but sadly cream does stall some people (like Jim and I), ditto cheese.

I hardly ever have cream because I use soya milk in tea and coffee, but I do sometimes have cheese on the weekend - but not in the amounts allowed for induction.

I am terrified I'll have to give up cream. It's like the new carbs for me, I can't be without it! :D

Honda don't worry too much if the weight loss slows down around this point, it often does for lots of people. I know if it was me I'd be panicking about what I'd done wrong, but you probably haven't done anything wrong, it's just the luck of the draw.

2lbs is still a good loss, especially if it happens most weeks - but sadly cream does stall some people (like Jim and I), ditto cheese.

I hardly ever have cream because I use soya milk in tea and coffee, but I do sometimes have cheese on the weekend - but not in the amounts allowed for induction.

I think I had better join Honda after my miserable day today and cut back on the cream (and Splenda) and cheese........:break_diet:

Just back from shopping and I bought cream.....:D I wanted some so i got it lol!

Bought some pork scratchings and the a) were not fiery hot as stated and b) have left me feeling a bit sick....odd?

Food today has been strange too, but more of that later ;) xx

Just back from shopping and I bought cream.....:D I wanted some so i got it lol!

Bought some pork scratchings and the a) were not fiery hot as stated and b) have left me feeling a bit sick....odd?

Food today has been strange too, but more of that later ;) xx

I have been having the Mr Porky ones in the gold bag, 2 for £1.50 at the Co-op last week, I have been trying to only eat half a bag but didn't stop today and got through the whole bag, yummy!! :D

Have a look at the pack size. I like the multi bags version of gold mr porky as bags are only 20g which are just right. I can eat the 45 or even 75g ones but then i've usually had too much:eek: so try to just have half and the rest later;)

Today's munching......

B- made the cream cheese pancakes but it ended up getting scrambled cause they just didn't work

L- had a mim with butter then tin of tuna with mayo, radishes and celery.....

Snack- pork scratchings, felt I'll

D- hoovered up 2 burgers with cheese and crispy bacon on top and a side salad with avocado.....I'm still hungry...will prob have a mim with butter and a cuppa later.

How many mims do you lot get through or have a week? I'm a little addicted to them, though the mention of oopsie rolls has me wanting them.

Hi honda - sounds yummy but i want to put a word of caution in for mims. Even if low/no carb they do pack quite a lot of calories. With all things moderation! I recommend max of one per day and preferably not every day or only half a day.

Well done on the loss and I love reading your diary and seeing gorgeous pic of your wee pets!! So sweet!

Yes I think everything moderation xx

Hi honda - sounds yummy but i want to put a word of caution in for mims. Even if low/no carb they do pack quite a lot of calories. With all things moderation! I recommend max of one per day and preferably not every day or only half a day.

Noted, will hang back on them. :sigh: I knew it would be too good to be true lol! xx

Well done on the loss and I love reading your diary and seeing gorgeous pic of your wee pets!! So sweet!

Yes I think everything moderation xx

Thank you :), moderation has always been an issue for mr.....umph xx

Have a look at the pack size. I like the multi bags version of gold mr porky as bags are only 20g which are just right. I can eat the 45 or even 75g ones but then i've usually had too much:eek: so try to just have half and the rest later;)

Ooops I didn't know there were little bags until last night at Lidl (99p) I have been having the BIG bag from the Co-op and of course once you start it is VERY hard to stop, so I just had a little 20g bag this afternoon, now where's my halo?? :angel:

Get this.....I mixed cream cheese, cream, vanilla and Splenda......whipped it all up and had it......:eek: oh my! I may have to try to add some jelly to the mix and make a reall pudding :) yummy yum yum!

Today inhavenmostly been munching......

B- 3eggs scrambled, with a wee grate of cheese and 6 asparagus

Made a mini mim with the flax I had left and used a bit of my uncooked scrambled egg, spread of butter too.

L- on the move so had, salami selection, sliced chorizo and then half a smoked sausage with mayo and then my ...most amazing cream cheese cream concoction ^^ few cups of tea

D- chicken....with maybe cauliflower mash? Not a clue as yet ;)

Spin 3 times this week.....

Oh did I out up here something someone said to me in a different part of this form? Iwas fuming:mad:

Today inhavenmostly been munching......

B- 3eggs scrambled, with a wee grate of cheese and 6 asparagus

Made a mini mim with the flax I had left and used a bit of my uncooked scrambled egg, spread of butter too.

L- on the move so had, salami selection, sliced chorizo and then half a smoked sausage with mayo and then my ...most amazing cream cheese cream concoction ^^ few cups of tea

D- chicken....with maybe cauliflower mash? Not a clue as yet ;)

Spin 3 times this week.....

Oh did I out up here something someone said to me in a different part of this form? Iwas fuming:mad:

:confused:

I have a wee thread from when I was on SW with a group of ladies that just like a wee chat.
All very supportive and friendly.

Then out of nowhere someone who I've never heard of said this......

the bad breath on atkins is due to the fact that your body is in Ketosis, which is basically starvation mode. which also means you'll put all of the weight (and poss more) back on when you start eating properly again. it's your body burning your fat to get it's carbohydrates, but the thing is it doesn't just burn the bad fat. it burns the fat your body needs to survive properly like the amount in the liver and kidneys, which is why atkins can sometimes cause kidney and liver damage. it's a bad diet health wise, and the science behind it is shakey at best.

Not even a hello or 'my name is' ......I was well ticked :flirt2:

I have a wee thread from when I was on SW with a group of ladies that just like a wee chat.
All very supportive and friendly.

Then out of nowhere someone who I've never heard of said this......

the bad breath on atkins is due to the fact that your body is in Ketosis, which is basically starvation mode. which also means you'll put all of the weight (and poss more) back on when you start eating properly again. it's your body burning your fat to get it's carbohydrates, but the thing is it doesn't just burn the bad fat. it burns the fat your body needs to survive properly like the amount in the liver and kidneys, which is why atkins can sometimes cause kidney and liver damage. it's a bad diet health wise, and the science behind it is shakey at best.

Not even a hello or 'my name is' ......I was well ticked :flirt2:

Just ask them what University they went to as Gary Taubes went to

HARVARD
STANFORD
&
COLUMBIA

Born in Rochester, New York, Taubes studied applied physics at Harvard University and aerospace engineering at Stanford University (MS, 1978). After receiving a master's degree in journalism at Columbia University in 1981, Taubes joined Discover magazine as a staff reporter in 1982.[2] Since then he has written numerous articles for Discover, Science and other magazines. Originally focusing on physics issues, his interests have more recently turned to medicine and nutrition.

So I'm sure he would know a lot more than some idiot on a diet blog!!!!!!!! Now I'm getting cranky LOL!! This is why I took my status off FB, you know how it is.

WELL IT'S DAY ONE ON ATKINS FOR ME

Then loads of comments how dangerous it is, to be careful it will kill me and damage me, etc, like I'm not 58 years old and have read a book by an eminent scientist, I tried explaining but just deleted my status in the end, too much bloody hassle.........

Back