Honda's peepings

hondapeeps

Gold Member
New to all this and I'm on day 3 so I'll got back and recap.

I really don't expect anyone to pay much attention but if you want to add in your tupence worth I'd appreciate it. :D

I've have been on sw for over a year and slowly lost 1st but gained it all back no problem. I'm still 2 jeans sizes smaller than when I started that, maybe all the exercise I do now. Spin classes 2-3 times a week and I love it :eek:
Decided before Xmas that I'd had enough of sw, I was on EE and seemed to be on a carb and sugar binge all the time.

I hope that Atkins will restrict me where I need it and not have me falling off the wagon.

Day 1 -
Breakfast - 2 scrambled eggs with Brie and wee bit cream and 55g green beans, C-3.2

Snack 1 - Brie stuffed into 2 celery sticks, C-3

Lunch -tin of tuna with 80 g salad, half avocado and mayo, C-3.5

Snack 2- 10 Greene olives

Dinner - pork loin steak topped with cream cheese, 120g cauliflower and 86g green beans, C-6

Had two cups of coffee with cream and Splenda, drank 6 huge glasses of water, bigger than a pint glass.

Total carb count - 16

Day 2

I woke up hungry in the night and seemed to be up to the loo 3 times, must have been all that water!! :rolleyes:

B-2 sausages, 2 bacon rashers, 2 fried eggs, C-1
(bit confused about sausages, don't know if I should count carbs or not??)

S1-2 celery sticks and Brie, C-3

L- pork chops with cream cheese and creamed spinach on the side. C-2.2

S2- devilled eggs, mayo and cream mix with a wee pinch of curry powder.

D- 80g salad, 6 radishes lamb and mayo with hot sauce.

Had 1 coffee, with cream and splenda, 5 glasses of water and I had a cup of chicken stock.

Carb tot- 11

Felt awful today! Narky, *****y and snapped at anything, head was all woosy so that's why I had the stock, thought it would up my salts. Went to spin tonight and was fine, felt great after that. Had a rotten sleep though. Feel like I'm coming down with something....maybe it's Atkins flu?

Last edited:
Day 3

Been feeling so much better today! Tired but I think that's just cause I couldn't sleep last night.

Not been very hungry today, still I've eaten but not appetite, it's weird feeling like this......I'm starting to wonder if my portions are too big?!? Not sure :(

B- 2boiled eggs with 6 asparagus wrapped in 3 rashers of bacon....mmmmmm! C-3.5

S1-3 radishes

L- 2 sausages, cauliflower rice with cheese, green beans and butter. C-6

D-it's going to be duck breast, green beans and probably cauli rice.

Had tea and so far 3 glasses of water today, had cup o stock too.

Not got spin tonight, but I've booked all my February classes in, been told I'm the 2nd to most! :D so different to how I was a year ago

Carb tot-15.5

Last edited:
Hi Honda and welcome

I'm sure the moody today is down to carb withdrawal - and the stock is a great idea, really helped me when I first started.

And sorry about the trips to the loo - you get used to it - and don't stop drinking the water, you are doing so well!

You will find your hunger goes up and down, but mostly down when you first start low carb - just try and fight the natural instinct to finish everything. Eat when you're hungry, stop when you're full :)

Re sossies - they are lovely but normally packed full of carby fillings. Check out the Low Carb Shopping sticky for lots of low carb sausage brands - and try bratwurst, usually pretty low in carbs :)

All good advice from susie! Hopefully you are past the worst of A flu and can now just enjoy the yummy food:D. You also need to become a bit of a detective on the flu labels - have to check EVERYTHING!

Evening Honda... Great to read your diary... And you're doing great! :) x

Thank you peeps, I'll rush off and check out that sticky, I got some gluten free sausages the other day, just cause they seemed to be quite low.....

I feel like I'm coping rather well compared to what I was expecting.....roll on tomorrow

Morning, found your diary and I'll be following it now. :)

Day 4

Not much to report today, no sore head, achey body a bit but nothing to get excited about.

Have been a little disorganised today though, a plumber was due in the morning so I put off having any breakie till he had been.....when half 11 rolled around I couldn't wait.....so the rest of the day has been a bit off.

B- 2 cups of tea

L- 3 egg omelette, with mushrooms and bacon, cheese too. C-5.4

S1-whole avocado with cream cheese C-4.4

S2- parmesan cheese.... C-.9

D-it'll be gammon steak with a couple fried eggs and creamed spinach.

Oh just remembered.... I am making a cake today and had about an 1" of it....pah! Was in my gob and gone before I even thought....the trials and tribulations of being a baker

Water has been low today, 2 glasses so far

Got spin as well tonight.

Sounds like you have got on the right track (that bit of cake should not cause a problem if it was only that little bit) your food sounds good, and yes keep an eye on the labels on the sossies as they do vary a huge amount xx

I might add, it was a 1" square , not a huge slice! ;) thank you Q xx

Morning, sounds like a good days eating there HP, except for the cake morsel of course ;)

Had a disagreement / discussion with my other half last night. He agreed to join me doing Atkins but as always has found some excuss, pathetic reason to back out of it. So we had a heated debate and he is going to see how I get on with this and then join me.......I'll not hold my breath.

With that, I plan to stick to this plan and show him! He needs to lose weight! So if I can show him, he'll not want to be left behind, well that is the plan ;)

Day 5 - when did that happen?

Been very tired today, may just have an early night tonight.

B- asparagus with bacon and boils eggs.

S1- was too busy

L- large salad with avocado ham and some mayo

S1-cream whipped with a bit of vanilla, not the best but was busy.

Dinner will be cheeseburger pie, with cauli tots.....

:clap::clap::bliss::talk017:

Well, well, well he has come around!! Lol!

Maybe it's the guilt but the OH has decided that he wants to join me......honestly, men!!
Joking aside, it'll be great to do it together, as all this week I've been cooking chips, and pita and whatever else carb wise for him, this will make things much easier to keep on track!

Water has been low today, 2 glasses, but had a tea and 2 coffees so think I've kept the fluids up ok

Hi honda, sounds like all going well (except the very late plumber!). Good to hear that dh is joining - that will make it much easier:)

Day 6

I feel rotten today. Had a terrible sleep, woke up in a mood and figure if I have a wee nap it may help.

Food hasn't been great, nothing bad just not much of it. Cheeseburger pie for breakfast before running out to deliver a cake. Had water galore and then a wee bit more pie when I got home......just drinking water and feeling horrible. :sigh:

Hope your all having a lovely weekend and I'm slowly making my way round your diaries to follow them xxxx

Wonder if you are still getting over atkins flu. Hope you feel better soon!
Xxx

Possible K, blergh is all I can say. :( keeping the fluids up, not hungry at all.

I think on Monday when i WImill take measurements too, just to see if that makes a difference for the weeks ahead.

Xxx

Back