Honesty please? pics

Thanks all...

Still looking for advice on a bra! (best places but not to expensive as I'm hoping they are going to dissapear soon - well at least a cup size and a few inches!!)

It is sleeveless so am keeping the cardy! Also need some shoes as the shoes here I love but they are striclty bedroom shoes... I can just about walk around the bed in them LOLOL

x

oh, and your arms look lovely hun!!!!

Stop listening to the doubt in your head and start listening to us instead! :)

xxx

Honestly? You look.....

FABULOUS!!

Go girl! its a lovely dress and you look lovely in it. I do agree with the bra comment though - get thee to Marks and Sparks, they do some really nice ones in larger sizes and all different shapes and styles. If you felt like pushing the boat out, Bravissimo or even <whispers> Rigby and Peller. Or try to find a small independent lingerie or bridal shop, ones that measure you by eye not with a tape measure, they may have something funky and the right shape/size.

I know what you mean about the cardi - if you look at my pics, the dresses are sleeveless but we ALL insisted on wearing a shrug to cover up arms! (Ignore how hideously fat I am in that pic, tho)

Well done - you must feel amazing in that frock!

Lx

Understand about the cardi! It's a gorgeous dress, babe and you look terrific - you are disappearing though! Listen, in that frock you might only need bedroom shoes ;) x

You look gorgeous, you've made the right choice with the v neck as it makes your neck look longer and your face has changed alot!!! well done!!, All I can say is that I was scared of showing my boobies when I realised I was no longer a 34FF, none of my bras fitted, I went to debenhams and was surprised as I didn't need to take off the bra I was wearing to be measured, so don't be scared, they take the measurements while you've got your bra on. I'm now a 32DD, I miss my 34FF's...lol. Good luck, am sure you'll get loads of compliments, the dress def suit you!

STUNNING dress and it looks WOW on you....gorgeous colour.....yep you need a fab bra..I can understand how you feel about the cardi and you have done a great colour match....but, perhaps a chiffon type bolero or an pashmina/evening wrap for the top half? You look fab....congrats :)

hi again tilly, i've bought bras from asda for £6 !!!! a welcome change from £20 + in evans! try taking dress with you then you can try on with various bras, without breaking the bank! good luck x

Or try to find a small independent lingerie or bridal shop, ones that measure you by eye not with a tape measure, they may have something funky and the right shape/size

Mrs L swears by the independants, there is a good one in Darlington which is a bit of a drive but they measure her just right, they fit comfy and they have some really nice ones. Not that I have any experience but I suppose the fit is everything; I guess I wouldn't want to wear a pair of undies which scrunched my whatsits all day...

And before I get too metrosexual here, I think I'll stick some NASCAR on the telly :p

Hey hon.
just wanted to say you look great hon!! The dress looks fab.. and all your friends and family are going to be so shocked as you look so different to the first pic!!
So keep smiling and enjoy the night as you look great! xxx

LOL Jim; think you prob need to go to the shed and saw a plank of wood in half just to feel a bit blokeish again!

But seriously, last time I went to my independent <proper> store, they looked at me with my clothes on, not even a proper measurement, and said 'hmmmm you're wearing utterly the wrong size, here try this on' and presto, perky :character00238::character00238:

Cute dress Tilly, looks fab!!

As for the bra, have a look at Bravissimo, I got the Panache Harmony balconette bra from there and it's supportive (I'm a 34H!) but low cut at the same time. I'm sure Figleaves also sell them and try e-bay too!

LOL Jim; think you prob need to go to the shed and saw a plank of wood in half just to feel a bit blokeish again!

But seriously, last time I went to my independent <proper> store, they looked at me with my clothes on, not even a proper measurement, and said 'hmmmm you're wearing utterly the wrong size, here try this on' and presto, perky :character00238::character00238:

perky and firm

'what, you named them???'

Desperate Housewives moment there, sorry.

I'm revealing too much, I'm off to saw that plank lol With a powertool...

The dress looks lovely!:) I know how you feel about not being used to wearing one-I wore a skirt at the weekend for the first time in years-it just felt so strange. I didn't even go out in it-I had to wear it around the house just to start to feel comfy in it! I felt quite naked without trousers!

try simply be for a bra, they have good size range and all diff types of bras!

Gorgeous dress, you look tiny in it. I hope you feel as wonderful in the dress as you look!

I was in Primark today and suprised at the range of plunge type bras in there. Was also in TK Maxx and there was some lovely nude style bras with sheer vests that had a little control in the vest that I thought about getting to go under a top that has a similar neckline to the dress. I didn't buy as have placed a limit on spending as I can't stop buying clothes.

Tilly, got to say this dress is FAB.... you look amazing, and really young and happy too!

xxx

Havent time for mail order as I'm going away on Friday for party on Saturday, so will traipse the shops locally.
Funny isn't it.. all the things we have to learn when we start to lose weight? Before I used to dash in buy the same size as I always bought, if it 'fit' I wore it, if it didn't i wore it anyway... grey was my favourite colour ;)
The thought of matching knickers and bras were something meant for other women.
I even bought a pair of holdups for under this dress :D
x

I don't usually go in for the girly - does my bum look big in this etc etc but I have to say the dress is great and really shows off your waist. Keep the cardie if it is your 'safety net' - don't forget at the moment you are sober, in broad daylight and with no music or party atmosphere. At the 'do', you may feel more confident to take it off.
Hope you have a great time

Back