Honey and weightloss

Has anyone heard of taking honey before bed to aid weightless??

A male family friend I know has been taking 2tsp before bed and 2tsp in his tea in the morning since Oct 2010 and has lost over 3 and a half st. He says that's all he does as he doesn't really eat junk anyway but he is still eating mega size dinners etc.

Has anyone ever tried it? I really detest honey so am really interested!!

I know!!! I hate honey so I wanted to see if anybody else had good results before I start forcing it down!!!

At the very least I suppose honey is good for you and low in pp.

I know lily Allen said eating half an apple just before bed helped her lose weight as it kept her metabolism burning more through the night, maybe the honey is a similar idea, I doubt just that would result in such a huge loss?

I had a look into it briefly and from what I gather its because when we go to bed, during the first four hours of sleep we burn more calories than we would during the day regardless of excercising, work etc. Because this is when our body repairs itself etc. Hence why we are generally hungry when we awake.

So the theory, developed by sports scientists, is the the honey( being a healthy sugar) fuels the body for the massive amount of energy needed during the first 4 hrs of sleep. Much like say a banana would before a workout.

So, given that our bodies need a vast amount of energy for sleep, it is better to eat a small healthy meal/ snack before bed to fuel the necessary energy expenditure rather than, say fasting from dinnertime to bedtime.

That's what the scientists say anyway lol

Hi there :)i was in holland and barretts yesterday and they have a section for honey cant remember what its called something like Makita but could be very wrong they had a varity stating 5+ - 18+ i presume thats to do with the benefits i squealed and ran off when i looked at the price:eek: the one i'd picked up was about £20.00 glad i didnt read all about it i might of been tempted

Has anyone heard of taking honey before bed to aid weightless??

A male family friend I know has been taking 2tsp before bed and 2tsp in his tea in the morning since Oct 2010 and has lost over 3 and a half st. He says that's all he does as he doesn't really eat junk anyway but he is still eating mega size dinners etc.

Has anyone ever tried it? I really detest honey so am really interested!!

Im sorry but there is NO WAY youd lose 3.5 stones in that time by taking honey and nothing else... hes not being honest about something - if it were only that easy ;)

Back