Hooray for Food Abstinence!!

So Day 9 is by far the hardest. I'm very hungry today and can't stomach any more water (a litre and half is clearly enough for me today). I'm dying to cheat - knowing how nice the food at Costco is (which I work directly across from) I'm so tempted. I'm trying to be strong here but the hunger and boredom of having to have soups all the time because the other half has had all of the shakes we were given is killing me.

URGH!

Hi Amy! I'm day 9 today too and agreeing it's definitely the hardest! I've by some miracle avoided the fridge today. I then thought I've not had proper food for over a week so a nice, kinda healthy Thai meal would go down lovely. But I have stuck with my products and I know it'll be worth it.

I need a hobby or something exciting to do that doesn't involve what I want to eat!

Hi Amy! I'm day 9 today too and agreeing it's definitely the hardest! I've by some miracle avoided the fridge today. I then thought I've not had proper food for over a week so a nice, kinda healthy Thai meal would go down lovely. But I have stuck with my products and I know it'll be worth it.

I need a hobby or something exciting to do that doesn't involve what I want to eat!

You will be pleased to know Poko, that I totally stuck with it, necked my manky soup and didn't cheat. I haven't lost anything on the scales this morning (still 6lb overall ain't bad going I guess) but I'm hoping that changes before the first official weigh in on Tuesday night... but I am a bit miffed, just because of the effort that was put in last night.

Wes pointed out that as defiant as I am, TOTM is here and it does have an effect, so fingers crossed that sods off and lets me lose a little bit more before D-Day! Today I will just be concentrating on water intake (as I didn't have enough yesterday) and hope for the best!

I'm spending tomorrow confined in a car for 14 hours, so hopefully no temptation will creep my way and I can sail on through to Tuesday... hopefully! x

It's only Friday! You've 4 days until the weigh in and I'm positive the scales will show your hard work by then. I'm feeling happier on day 10, I hope you are too! Double figures! Haha

Yeah I'm feeling better today too, actually. Not nearly as hungry as I was yesterday and my water intake is good - almost finished litre number 2 and it's only 11am so it can't be that bad. Double figures feels... better than it should. I'm spurred on by little things like that!

I'm going on the basis of my lack of water intake yesterday is probably effecting the scales, as well as my general mood and the inevitable fluid retention that the time of the month brings. So I've got four days to get some more shifted!

Hope you have a great day Poko! x

Feeling good today! It's the dreaded first official weigh in, so obvious nerves BUT this morning the scales said I was 10 stone 1 and a half pounds which, if true, makes my loss a stonking 9lbs in two weeks. Which is frankly incredible for me - but I've not got my hopes up - I'm aware that I weigh more in the evenings. I'm thinking about only having two products and not as much water but I'm not really sure how well that would work at trying to keep the scales at the same place. The OH (who has lost circa 15lbs) says it's probably not a good habit to get into but still... blah.

Still chuffed though - since my weekend was rubbish (even though our new car is lovely) but found a new love for the tetra packs. Not nearly as disgusting as I anticipated them to be! BONUS!

9lbs is fantastic! I can't wait until my scales say 10st1lbs!!

I always wonder about eating and drinking before my weigh in. I know it probably doesn't make too much difference but psychologically I think it does!

Good luck with the official weigh in even though you already know it's great news! Well done to you're OH too :)

Well officially, I've lost 8 1/2lbs in my first two weeks and a whopping 4.5"!! Incredibly happy with that! The OH came in with a 16lb loss and 10 inches loss. I didn't even think that was possible in a fortnight.

He was having a good ol' giggle at me whilst I was doing my DDP Yoga. It felt good though! (I've never tried yoga before) I'm booked in for a ridiculous amount of exercises classes in the coming week too, so I'm definitely burning off my calories to try and give me a boost but to be fair, I'm basically halfway there in a fortnight, so it's looking promising for Zante.

We've just got our new shipment of goodies in (no soup! yay!) and it includes the toffee and walnut shakes, which our Consultant says she doesn't stock because nobody really likes them. Well I do, it's lush!

As you can tell - full of motivation today! Onwards and inwards! WHOOP!

Such good news! You'll look and feel great in Zante! Your OH is just showing off with that loss!! Haha

I'm with you - I love the toffee and walnut shakes! And yoga! Need to be brave and book myself into a class.

My OH is a bit ridiculous, to be honest. He either slims big or cheats big - I'll never win a weight loss competition against him that's for sure but it keeps us both motivated. Not sure I could get through this if I didn't have him doing it with me. Just the smell of some food makes my mouth water. Stuff like the smell of ketchup... and I never have ketchup. My body's going a little bit crazy!

There isn't any decent yoga classes at my gym sadly, there's just one and it's on Friday dinnertime so there's no way I can get to it anyway, so my yoga mat has migrated to my living room, much to the OH's delight!

We'll have to be distance yoga buddies! Get yourself booked in!! :D x

Definitely yoga buddies! Can you recommend a good DVD or are you doing yoga free style? Haha x

I'm doing DDP Yoga - it's a former wrestler who's devised the program, which is how I've managed to get the OH on board. It's a bit less of the relaxation and harmony and a lot more about strength and resistance.

I've been looking at some of the transformations though and it looks like it's the real deal so I'm giving it a go and so far, so good. If you get it legitimately, it's a lot of money but I've borrowed it from a friend who got it and never used it. Comes with a schedule of which workouts to do and when etc and so far it's really good. I'm on it again tonight!

Have a look and see if you fancy it (it's a bit of an acquired taste but it works for a tomboy at heart like me), I'm sure I can arrange to get a copy of it to you if you wanted to give it a bash but I'm not sure it's "traditional" yoga! Haha! x

I have abstained from weighing myself for three days. Mainly because I don't think they'll be kind to me, but regardless, I wanted to share this small sense of victory with you all!

Well done!I think I'm addicted to stepping on the scales. I stand on them every time I go into the bathroom! I know it's not good but I can't help it!

Well... I'm back. Stupid life and it's curveballs have meant that the past week hasn't been... great. I'm still a pound down according to the scales with a week to go until weigh in proper but I'm back on essentially day 3 of the diet. My brother's girlfriend has had her baby and the drama has ensued from there. So I've not been great and I feel a bit shitty about it. So I'm back and determined I suppose as I tuck into my warm chocolate mint shake. Luckily, I have a week to kick on, so let's just see how it goes.

The main thing is well done on getting back on track - it takes a lot of strength! Good luck in your journey :)

Back