hopefully low syn brownie HELP!

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by Emzy88, 12 June 2010 Social URL.

1. Emzy88

Emzy88 Member

Start Weight:
    10st11lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st1lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(8.61%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Hi well ive made these before and was looking to make them again and was thinking when looking at them that they could be quite low in syns could any one help me out with working it out!?

3 eggs, separated
    225g (8oz) golden caster sugar (splenda? instead??? how much though!)
    1tbsp chocolate extract (optional)
    200g (7oz) low-fat yogurt (thinking fat free would work aswell to bring down syns)
    1Ā½tbsp vegetable oil (could use frylite its just to grease the dish i think)
    175g (6oz) self-raising flour
    75g (3oz) cocoa powder, plus extra

1 Preheat oven to 190 C, 170 C fan, 375 F, gas 5. Brush a 30x20cm (11x8in) brownie tin with oil and dust lightly with a cocoa powder. Mix egg yolks, sugar, chocolate extract (if using), yogurt and oil together. Sift in the flour and cocoa and gently fold in.
    2 Whisk egg whites to soft peaks. Add a spoonful to the chocolate mix and stir well to loosen, then gently fold in rest of the whites. Pour into tin and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes, then turn out on to a rack to cool.

These are amazing and i would be so gratefully if someone could help me work out the syns

ohhh this makes 24

thanks in advance

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. dudette2001uk

dudette2001uk I will be a Princess!

Start Weight:
    18st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hiya hun.

Well I had a look on the splenda site, and it's about 2 tablespoons of Splenda for every ounce of sugar - so 16 tablespoons of splenda.

In terms of the oil - I would prob just use baking parchment or greaseproof paper to line the tin rather than the oil and cocoa powder, but if you did use oil that would be 9 syns.

Cocoa is 1/2 a syn for a level tsp, 2.5 for a tbsp, and 4.5 per ounce, so 12.5 syns for the 3oz of cocoa powder.

flour - self raising is 4.5 per ounce, so 27 for the flour.

In total:

39.5 syns without the oil
    48.5 syns with the oil

Per brownie:

1.65 (1.5 or 2 - depending on whether you want to be naughty!) without the oil
    2.02 (2 or 2.5) with the oil

So not too synful!!! :D

Sian xxx

4. shorty1981

shorty1981 Full Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    this recipes sounds delish and porper to not like chickepeas n that lol. but where do u buy the chocolate flavouring from? thanks x

5. dudette2001uk

dudette2001uk I will be a Princess!

Start Weight:
    18st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    The only place I've seen chocolate essence is on ebay! none of the shops seem to have it around me :( xx

6. kibou1

kibou1 Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    17st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(5.91%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Wow they're actually very low syns (although the trick for me would be not to eat the whole thing myself!). Let us now how they turn out with Splenda.

7. shorty1981

shorty1981 Full Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    will have a look thanks for that x

8. moomintrolljen

moomintrolljen Will be thin god dammit!!

Start Weight:
    18st3lb
    Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Oooh let us know how they turn out x Maybe a photo?

9. Emzy88

Emzy88 Member

Start Weight:
    10st11lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st1lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(8.61%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Thank for the help guys i will do it without the oil and see how they turn out will get back to you later!!!!

10. Emzy88

Emzy88 Member

Start Weight:
    10st11lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st1lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(8.61%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Just put them in the oven thinking i should have used the oil as it was a lot thicker than usual but ill see how they are will let u guys know!

11. moomintrolljen

moomintrolljen Will be thin god dammit!!

Start Weight:
    18st3lb
    Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I was thinking about that and I have a full fat recipe for brownies and there is quite a bit of oil in and I think thats what makes them sort of sticky/moist?

12. Emzy88

Emzy88 Member

Start Weight:
    10st11lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st1lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(8.61%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Well they have come out the oven and i have to say they are not as fluffy as usual and think this was because of not have the oil to un-gloop the mixture tried water but didnt work so then when i added the stiff egg whites it was hard to fold in cus of the thickness of the mixture so i will add oil need time not as much as they say but a bit. After tasting them i think that there needs to be more sweetness and less choco (god forbid) as it seems to chocolately but just not sweet enough just had a thought next time i mite add a little honey that mite work like the oil was supposed to!? i duno ill have ago and if i does work ill let u no but that wont be happening today haha! enough cooking for one day! below is hopefully a picture of a couple of the brownies thats the size i can get 24 out of they are usually a bit bouncier and risen than this but couldn't fold in the egg whites like usual! well hope u can have a go and use what ive learnt from this go if you guys find any other ways to make it better let me no!!!

turns out i can't work out how to add a photo its asking me for a url i dont have one for this photo so if anyone wants to let me no how to add a photo i will!!!

13. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've neber uploaded photos here but you can use the website www.tinypics.com to get a url to a photo if that's of any help

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.