hoping to be prescribed xenical?

jane76

Silver Member
hi everyone ive an appt with the gp in 2 weeks (crazy waiting times lol ) in the hope that he will prescribe me xenical, im a binge eater and will start a diet lose a few pounds then binge out and put it all back on and more :(

im 5ft2 and last sunday i weighed 13st13lb with a bmi of 35 so really need to lose weight! a couple of years ago i bought alli, used it for a couple of weeks but wasnt in the right frame of mind so got the obvious results!!! i had just over a weeks supply left and started taking them last sunday and have lost 5lb!! im so chuffed with myself and want to continue losing but cannot afford to buy them again!

in all your experiences is the doctor likely to prescribe xenical to me? if i tell him about my weight loss with alli will that satisfy him that i am motivated to do it and will stick to it 100%.....my dad was diagnosed with weight related type 2 diabetes recently and im terrified if i dont lose the weight ill end up with it too, plus ive terrible back ache and know that losing the weight will help that too.

any advise for me please? x

from my own experiences and those of other ladies here most doctors will weigh you there n then and then say you have to prove to them you can loose weight (many take alli n don't tell the doc they are taking it just use it for a boost) it would be negligent to be rx it without proving you can loose weight... my own doctors had me to keep a food diary for a month and go in every week to ahve it analysed by a nurse and then suggestions made on how to make it healthier

if honest i put down inacurate things as was eating fairly healthy!!

good luck on your journey n we are here for you x

I agree with Lea, it is likely they will make you lose weight first, I had my WW card with me to prove I had been losing albeit bloody slowly & she was happy with that. Don't let that put you off though as it will be worth it. Good Luck xx

all doctors are diffrent like ive said on another thread before. I know of some doctors that just give u xenical and some doctors require you to lose 5% on your own first. good luck hope you get it xx

I didn't have to lose 5% but I did have to go once a fortnight to be weighed just for a month with the nurse to prove I could lose weight alone before I got xenical prescribed. Worth the wait though

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

thanks everyone for your replys :) i had a fair idea from reading other posts that they might want to see that i can lose weight on my own first so think ill find the money to buy more Alli and take them until the appt, see what the doc says and if ive to go back ill keep taking the Alli to help me lose the weight.

either way i need to be on Alli or xenical to keep me focused and stop me binging!! i ran out a couple of days ago and was doing well till toinght where an old habit popped up and i found myself buying crisps and chocolate to eat during x-factor!! soooooo disappointed with myself :( and i know that if i was still taking the tablet i wouldnt have done it!!....in fact im away to check the bank account to see if i can squeeze some money out of it to buy some more Alli x

I joined WW, lost 5% and then went to my Dr's. He didn't really want to give them to me but I told him I had lost the 5% as required and he did.

He also referred me to an exercise programme which gives you reduced rates at the local gym for 12 weeks to give you a kick start. Waiting list for that though, fingers crossed I will be able to start in Jan.

Back