Discover Hoping to become a slim bridesmaid! :)

Thanks! I miraculously lost 1/2 lb this week & made my 1 stone loss!! :) :) But....unfortunately, that didn't kick me back onto the bandwagon & had another terrible day yesterday. I'm back on plan again today though. I'm home tomorrow too so should manage to stick to plan fairly easily tomorrow (fingers crossed), so hopefully 2 good days in a row will help me get back on track.

Here's my incredibly uninspiring food diary for yesterday!

Wednesday 14th:
Breakfast:

2 oatibix with rice milk (3.5)

Lunch/Dinner/Snacks:
(I was staying in a b&b so I was grazing all day rather than actually having meals)
3 rice cakes (1)
Skips (1.5)
Curly wurly (2.5)
9 biscuits (9) - The b&b I was staying in had 3 packets of biscuits (shortbread, custard creams & ginger nuts) with 3 biscuits in each packet left in the room!!!!! Mortified to say that I ate them all throughout the day! :(Aero bar (5)
Sandwich with ham & cheese (6.5)
Packet of tayto (3.5)
Pepsi max (0)

Total points: 32.5/18 - Totally disgraceful!!!

Today has been much better:
Thursday 15th:
Breakfast:
Crunchy nut cornflakes (3) - I always get funny looks in the b&b's I stay in when I have such a small breakfast (as most people have fry ups). I had so little this morning that they took a fiver off the price of my accommodation! :)

Snacks (while driving home):

3 ricecakes (1)
Apple (.5)

Lunch (at home):

Home-made potato & veg soup (.5)
Cup of tea (0)
Slice of carrot bread (2.5)

Dinner:

Vegetable stir-fry with rice-noodles (3)
2 mini meringue nests (.5)

Total points: 11/18

Seeing as though I went so far over my points yesterday, I'm not sure if I should try to make back all the points throughout the week, or just write it off as a bad day & get back on plan for the next 6 days. Any opinions? On the one hand, I could probably manage to really cut back for the rest of the week & maybe stay within my weekly points. But on the other hand, I'm afraid then that if I don't manage to stick to the lower points over the weekend (I'm going away with my boyfriend, so it would be hard), that I'd get fed up & call the whole week a write-off & keep eating! I'm going to try & do a little bit of exercise to make up for it too, although I'm going to be away a lot so I'm not sure if that will definitely happen!

So should I reduce my points for the rest of the week to make up for it, or write off yesterday & stick to my 18 points for the rest of the week? I'd be happy with a STS this week after all the bad days I've had!

Also, I was talking to my sister last night & we're going shopping for my bridesmaid dress the second weekend in January. Going to try to use that to keep me focused because I really want to have lost more weight by then! :)

Emmaline said:
Write it off Sparkles... much better to start afresh that keep trying to do a catchup! The thoughts of the dress should help you keep focused. All the best.

Thanks Emmaline. Appreciate the advice. Wasn't sure if I was just taking the easy way out if I wrote it off. Feel like I've got my mojo back a little today so I'm hoping I can hold it together this week - as I'm away for the weekend with my boyfriend, I'd be happy with a STS - then really get stuck in properly next week!

Plan for tomorrow:
Breakfast:
Boiled egg and 1 toast (2.5)

Lunch:
Soup (.5)
Fruit (.5)

Dinner:
Fish cakes made with smoked haddock, and lettuce (4.5)

Snacks:
3 rice cakes (1)
Fruit (.5)

Total points: 9.5

Trying to save points for Saturday/Sunday so I'll try to keep my points low tomorrow, although I may end up eating more than this.

i always say dont live your life on a diet but you have to know the limits. i think u shud have a nice time away write off what damage you have done then on the other days be good then it wont be as bad x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins

Thanks girls. Actually feeling really upset about my weight this evening. Feeling really mad at myself for letting my weight loss slide a bit this week. And even though I've reached my stone loss, my tummy is as big as ever and I'm still not fitting into any of my clothes. Given that a lot of these clothes were bought after I'd already put on a lot of weight, it's really disheartening that I'm not fitting into anything yet. Also just saw some photos on Facebook from my friends party that I was at a few weeks ago and I'm really unhappy with how I look. I thought I'd be fitting into lots of nice clothes again by Christmas but not so sure about that now! :( :( Really need to up my game but I just haven't time for exercise at the moment. And now instead of looking forward to this weekend away with my boyfriend, I'm actually looking forward to getting it out of the way so I can try to get serious about my weight loss again next week...which is a terrible way to be approaching our weekend away together! :(

Aww hun, don't think like that! You're moving in the right direction and that's all that counts! Am sorry to hear that you're feeling that way about your weekend together :(

Am sure your bf will be supportive and encourage you to make good choices while you're together if you're really that worried about it but remember, you can't live your life on a diet and this is meant to be a lifestyle change rather than a temporary thing! We all need some indulgences/luxuries in our lives from time to time! xx

Hope you have a good weekend, *hugs*

Hi Jaly, thanks so much for the words of encouragement,mthey were badly needed!x I snapped out of my bad mood, but ended up just completely writing off the weekend diet-wise. Had a really nice weekend, went to a band on Saturday night and then went to see Michael McIntyre Sunday night. Was really good. Didn't have to get very dressed up for either, so didn't have the usual 'nothing fits and I don't like how I look' drama before either. Life is a bit hectic at the moment and is kind of getting in the way of my dieting. Determined to get back on track though and not going to let it derail me completely, even if it does slow my weight loss a bit. Finding it hard to get on here much lately but will try to update more regularly when things quieter down a bit!

Sounds like a lovely weekend! Don't worry about keeping updated with us, living your life and just enjoying it is much more important but we do miss you ;) Well done for drawing a line and not throwing in the towel, it'll never be plain sailing but changing your attitude towards food is the most important thing, remember it's a lifestyle change, not a diet ;)

Take care of yourself hun!xx I love Michael McIntyre, I'm very jealous! Hope things settle a little soon so you can have some time to chill! I'm sure you look absolutely gorgeous no matter what you choose to wear for nights out anyway!

Thanks Emmaline & Jaly! :)

Bad news is...I gained 1 1/4lbs this week. Good news is, I'm back on track! :) Not bothered at all about the gain, because it was inevitable after the last 2 weeks and to be honest, I'm probably lucky it wasn't more. I'm delighted that I've managed to get myself back on track, as usually once I go down the junk food path, I find it hard to come back from it. Hope I can avoid anymore major glitches between now & Christmas!

Wednesday 21st:
Breakfast:

2 oatibix with rice milk (3.5)

Snacks:

3 rice-cakes (1)
Alpen light (1)

Lunch:

Strawberry porridge pot (2.5)
Quick soup (.5)
Banana (1.5)

Snacks:

Apple (.5)
4 pineapple slices (1)

Total points: 11.5/18

Thursday 22nd:
Breakfast:

Strawberry porridge pot (2.5)
Small glass oj (.5)

Lunch:
Small bowl home-made soup (.5)

Dinner:
Chili con carne with rice (9)

Snacks:

2 apple loops (.5)
2 mini meringues (.5)
Alpen light (1)
gherkins
Walkers baked (1.5) & can of lilt (1)

Total points: 17/18

I was away yesterday so that's why my points were so low, as I didn't feel like getting take-away food for dinner. I was going to treat myself to a nice bar today with the points I'd saved, but there's nothing very exciting in the house & I don't feel like going to the shops. It's funny how things just click into place - I wouldn't use up my points today on some cheaper chocolate that was in the house, as I wanted to save my points for something really nice. That's the total opposite to how I've been the past 2 weeks!! Long may it last! :)

Last edited:
Ah hun I'm so sorry to hear you've been feeling a bit down lately, but trust me, we all get those moments!! Use that negative energy to spur you on and get you to your goal!!

The hardest bit is getting back on track, so well done you for doing so!! I fall off the wagon all the time, but bounce back up again!

WE CAN DO THIS :) X

Thanks! Definitely not going to give up as I've finally come to the realisation that losing slowly is a lot better than not losing or gaining! Feeling like crap the past couple of days, dosed with a cold and have had a headache for a couple of days now. Diet-wise though, I'm having a good week & feeling positive! :) I really like having saved points to work with-think I'm going to try to stick to low points the first couple of days in the week anymore so then I have a bit extra for the rest of the week, it's much more fun than going over and then having to play catch up for the rest of the week!

Friday 23rd:
Breakfast:
2 oatibix & rice milk (3.5)
Slice of toast with a scrape of butter (2)

Lunch:
Bowl of home-made soup (.5)
Cup of tea & slice of my mums banana bread (2.5)

Dinner:
Had planned on having tuna pasta bake but realised I was out of pasta when I went to make it. I was feeling a bit sickly from my cold and couldn't face eating any proper dinner food anyway, so I had a bit of a thrown together dinner.
3 waffles (4.5)
3 grilled rashers (1.5)
Beans (1)
Had another slice of banana bread after dinner (2.5)

Snacks thoughout the eve:
4 mini meringues (1)
2 packets of walkers baked (3)
1/2 glass of wine (1) - wasn't enjoying it so threw out the 2nd half as I didn't want to waste points on it.
2 squares of choc (1.5)

Total points: 24.5/26 (including saved points)

I used up a lot of points, but I was in control of my eating and just used my saved points on things that I really wanted. Worked out perfectly as it was one of those days where I really felt like grazing the whole time.

Have a christening to go to today (don't really know the people so not looking forward to it and would much rather put on my pjs & have a lazy day), so hopefully I'll manage to stick to my points.

Saturday 24th:
Breakfast:
Small bowl of sugar puffs & rice milk (2.5) - I got a notion a few weeks ago that I really wanted sugar puffs (haven't had them since I was a child & wasn't sure if they even still made them) & my mum got a box for me this week. The joys of still living at home! :)

Lunch:
Bowl of home-made soup (.5)

Dinner:
Smoked haddock fish-cakes with lettuce (4.5)

At christening:
4 vodkas (6)
Finger food (5.5)
I don't really know if there is going to be food, or if we're going to be staying long, so I'm hoping the 11.5 points i have left will cover it. If not, I'll have to just make up for it tomorrow!

Total points: 19/19 (I hope!)

I know I shouldn't, but I had a sneak peak on the scales today & looks like I've lost all the weight I'd gained last week! :) It's given me a really good boost. I won't be able to WI this week as I'm going to be away from Monday-Saturday eve, so I'm excited about having 2 WIs in 1 the following Wednesday! :)

Back