Discover Hoping to become a slim bridesmaid! :)

Had a brill Christmas, didn't have too much alcohol but had LOTS of food!! :) Back on track from today though. Only 10 weeks until my sister's wedding so I need to get my ass in gear!! :) I've started a 7 day detox from today, a local gym is running it through their facebook page. Will be following this for the week (finding it really hard today, but determined to stick with it!), then I will be starting a 4 week fitcamp the following Monday. It involves 3 intense workouts each week & I think we will also be following their meal plan for the 4 weeks. They've guaranteed people will drop at least a dress size, or else they will provide personal training until we do. I will probably go back onto Weight Watchers then when that's finished.

January 2nd:
Breakfast:
Smoothie

Lunch:
Salad with avocado, 1 boiled egg, chicken breast, tomatoes & lots of greens

Dinner:
Small fillet steak with fennel & walnuts

No snacking allowed between meals and no tea, sugar, sweeteners, wheat or dairy allowed for the week. Drank a lot of tea, coke & pepsi max over the hols so I'm really feeling the caffeine withdrawal this eve! Hopefully the headache will be gone by tomorrow!!

Hope everyone else had a nice Christmas. Happy new year! :)

Forgot to add that I had my first weigh-in in weeks this morning. Back up to 10st 11 3/4lbs. Bit of a bummer when the scales go back up the way, but I still have 10 1/4lbs gone since I first started & I'll hopefully get rid of those extra lbs again soon! :)

hey nice to see you back. hope you have had a nice Time and I'll look forward to seeing how you get on xx

Thanks hun. It's actually nice to be back. Although I enjoyed all the food I ate over the hols, I had started to feel crappy & now I'm looking forward to feeling better! Looking forward to getting a chance to read through everyone's diaries to see what I've missed! :)

Day 1 of my detox diet was a struggle. And I woke up during the night feeling very weak and shaky, then woke up again later in the night feeling really really unwell and almost got sick. Thought I would have to pack it in today as i still felt sick when I woke but I stuck with it and I'm actually feeling a lot better now. I had serious cravings for chocolate all day yesterday (my first chocolate-free day in about 2 weeks!) but the cravings are gone today. Fingers crossed I will sleep through tonight & not feel sick again!

Thursday, 3rd:
Breakfast:
Banana, pineapple & coconut smoothie

Lunch:
Salad with baked salmon & a boiled egg

Dinner:
Turkey mince in lettuce wraps

Damn detox. Wasn't up sick last night but felt really sick when I woke up. Had to go dress shopping with my mum (we postponed it from yday cause I was feeling too sick then) and it took me ages in the morn to feel well enough to go with her. Not feeling sick anymore but feeling feeling really weak and sleepy and can't concentrate on anything! :( Kind of wish I'd just gone back onto WW instead of doing this stupid detox, but going to try and stick it out now for the 7 days cause I've spent loads on all the ingredients!

Friday, January 4th:
Breakfast:
Berry, banana & coconut smoothie. There's coconut milk in every smoothie and I find it really sickly, especially first thing in the morn, so I think I might cut this out for the next few days!

Lunch:
Salad (spinach, rocket, watercress, peppers, cherry tomatoes) with a boiled egg & a seasoned turkey breast

Dinner:
Baked chicken with spinach & cauliflower mash

Reeeeally Hoping that I will start feeling better tomorrow!!

Day 4 of detox...thank God I'm halfway there!! First time I didn't wake up during the night & it's also the first morning I haven't woken feeling sick! :) I do still feel a bit weak & lacking energy, but it's definitely the best of the 4 days for me. I also had a sneak peak on the scales this morn & it's showing a 3lb loss since Wednesday...always good motivation to stick with it!!! :)

Plan for day, Saturday Jan 5th:
Breakfast:

Tropical smoothie with mango & pineapple. All the smoothies so far have had coconut milk which I've found really sickening, so I took it out today & the smoothie was sooooo much better and didn't feel sick after it! :)

Lunch:
Salad with herb-infused salmon (hate salmon but it's the last day of it so I'll survive!)

Dinner:
Rosemary, tomato & black olive chicken with salad

Didn't think I could cope with dinners without carbs (I loooooove my potatoes!) but I'm actually finding the dinners ok!

Day 5 of detox...thank God it's nearing the end. Not feeling too bad this morning. Sickness has gone since I cut out avocado & coconut milk, although my legs are still like jelly. Would be tempted to scrap it & just go back to WW, but I feel like I should stick it through now, especially since there are only 2 more days after today. Dinner last night was really, really tasty. I put in too much water so I made it into a hot tomato & chicken soup instead and was really nice. Today should go ok as I've chicken for lunch & turkey wraps for dinner, and enjoy both of those.

Plan for Sunday, Jan 6th:
Breakfast:

Fruit smoothie with banana, strawberries & a kiwi (Was meant to have the same smoothie as I had on the first day, but there's no way I'm going to have something that I know will make me physically sick!)

Lunch:
Salad (again!) with boiled egg & chicken breast

Dinner:
Lettuce turkey wraps (yum!)

The good thing about following this detox is that it's totally gotten me back into the groove of healthy eating; my sugar cravings are gone; and I think it will feel like a real treat following a 'normal' healthy eating plan when it's over, whereas if I'd gone straight from my Christmas excesses to normal healthy eating, it prob would have felt like a punishment. Think I will do something like this (my own variation though so that I'm not so weak all the time!) the first week every January, as it really does help set the slate clean after Christmas!

Feeling CRAP today. Have zero energy, so so tired!, feeling really hungry and I've been freezing cold all day and just cannot warm up!! :( Really starting to regret starting this detox & signing up for fitcamp, as I never seem to be cut out for these more intense plans! Going to do my best to stick it out though & hopefully the results will make it worth it!

you know if after the next 2 days see how you feel and go back to ww your in the zone now so you can do it. I think healthy diets are better where it's balanced and you can have that "treat" its not worth being bad over or getting bored with xxx

Thanks Sarah. Feeling a bit better now after my dinner. Only 2 days of the detox to go...phew! I totally agree that plans that incorporate treats are the best. I have signed up to a fitcamp though that starts on the 14th, so I'm going to just have to focus and do my best to survive without treats for those 4 weeks, as they guarantee loss of at least a dress size if you follow their plan. It is still based on 3 meals a day, but the meals aren't as small as they are on the detox, and carbs will be allowed. Its all really healthy food so i should be ok energy-wise on it. I have signed up to it now and paid EUR100 so I'm just going to have to try to think of the results & stick with it for those 4 weeks. My sisters wedding is only 9 weeks away now so if the fitcamp goes well, I will hopefully be feeling a lot better about myself by the time it comes around.

No doubt about it though, 3 meals a day without treats/snacks is definitely not sustainable long-term for me, so I will happily be returning to Weight Watchers on the 11th Feb! Can't wait!!! :)

I have to go to London this weekend though with my sister to shop for bridesmaids dresses, so I will definitely be having treats then! :) We are going for dinner on Friday night and having afternoon tea on Saturday...I can't wait! Then I'll get stuck into fitcamp on the Monday xx

Detox day 6. So glad the finish line is in sight! :)

Plan for Monday Jan 7th:
Breakfast:

3 eggs scrambled with spinach, chilli & peppers

Lunch:
Salad with turkey

Dinner:
Going to make my day 5 again as we are meant to have steak but it made me sick last time. So chicken, tomato and rosemary soup with spinach.

Have to get back to college work today after the Christmas break, so hoping I have enough energy for it!

Last edited:
Looking forward to the last day of the detox. Energy levels seemed back to normal today and found it very easy to stick to. Hoping I feel great when I wake tomorrow! :)

Last day of detox...woo woo!!! :) Delighted I stuck with it. Wouldn't say I'm feeling amazing from it or anything, but my appetite seems to have lessened and my energy levels are back to normal (which isn't particularly energetic for me, but it's better than feeling weak!).

Detox Day 7, Tues 8th Jan:
Breakfast:

Tropical smoothie with mango, pineapple and some berries

Lunch:

Turkey salad

Dinner:

Chicken with cauliflower mash & green veg (probably peas & broccoli)

Hoping to keep up the healthy eating (bar this weekend) but with more food than I've been having on detox! Going to college tomorrow morning so going to prepare a salad tonight so I can bring it with me for lunch.

Roll on tomorrow morn so I can weigh in!!! :)

Last edited:
Feeling peckish today! Would LOVE a snack to keep me going until dinner time. But I'll be strong for my last detox day!! Really looking forward to having something substantial for breakfast tomorrow morning cause the smoothies just do not fill me!

Filled up on water instead of snacking and detox is done. Yippee!!! :) Absolutely dying to weigh in tomoro morn, it better be a good result or I'll be very disappointed! Have healthy muesli/porridge prepared for breakfast in the morn & a salad prepared for lunch so going to stick to this healthy eating. I'm feeling excited, as its the first time in ages that I've felt I might actually manage to lose enough weight to feel good about myself in time for my sisters wedding! :)

I'm dying to know how you have done xxx

Back