Hoping to go from flab to fab on Extra Easy :):)

Abigail Rosie :)

Hiya :)

So after a huge reality check.. I've decided that I need to get myself in gear and get serious about losing this weight. I've spent the past few months following the extra easy plan half heartedly on and off, and am finally at the point where I know I desperately need to sort myself out. I'm being a bridesmaid at the end of August, so I'm going to use that as motivation to try and shift at least a couple of stone to get myself along the right track :) I'm hoping writing out my daily food will help keep me on track.. Hope you enjoy the ramblings, and please feel free to comment and give me some tips on what I can do to improve what I'm eating!

Abi xx

Day one on Extra Easy -

I haven't been too hungry today and loving all the fruit.. realised how much I've missed having it around the house to snack on!! Definitely need to make more of an effort to drink lots of water.. got to half 2 and suddenly realised I'd not drunk anything all day!!

Thursday:

Breakfast: Activia yogurt with chopped banana
Snack: Caramel Snack a Jacks (5.0)
Lunch: 1 slice Wholemeal bread (HeXB), low-fat spread (2.0) 1/2 tin Baked beans.
Mullerlight Yoghurt.
Snack:Grapes
Dinner: Chicken with stir-fried veg. with homemade sauce (free) and noodles.
Strawberries with vanilla mullerlight yoghurt.
Snack: Banana.

Total Syns: 7.0

Thank you :)

Day Two on Extra Easy

So day two was spent in the library revising... prime time for snacking usually.. so I actually felt quite proud sat there with my carrot sticks and cottage cheese :p

Friday

Breakfast: Activia yogurt with chopped banana, grapes and nectarine. 1 slice wholemeal bread (HeXB) & a poached egg.
Snack:Carrot sticks and cottage cheese.
Lunch: 2 x ryvitta (HeXB), cottage cheese and ham. Activia Yoghurt. Banana.
Snack:Peppers and reduced fat humous (2.0)
Dinner: Home made bolognaise (with courgettes, carrots, peppers mushrooms and celery) jacket potatoe, low fat marg. (2.0) and salad.
Snack: Biscuit (3.0)

Total Syns: 7.0

Day Three on Extra Easy

Have been in a really bad mood all day.. barely any food in the house and all I've wanted all day is chocolate!! Hoping once my exams this week are over and done with I can up the exercise and get on track with the plan! :)

Saturday

Breakfast: Fruit and Fibre (HeXB) with chopped banana and semi skimmed milk (HeXA)

Snack:Mugshot and 1 slice wholemeal bread (3.5).

Lunch: left over Home made bolognaise (with courgettes, carrots, peppers mushrooms and celery) and cous cous. Activia yogurt and an apple.

Dinner: Jacket potatoe with beans, ham, low fat marg (2.0) and salad.

Total Syns: 5.5

Last edited:
Day Four on Extra Easy

Feeling really anxious about my exam tomorrow and haven't really felt like much today. Went for lunch with friends and barely had any appetite~ unheard of for me!

Sunday

Breakfast: banana.

Lunch: diet coke, small bowl of salad with cous cous, peppers, lettuce and cucumber. 2 slices of margerita pizza from pizza hut.. (not sure how many syns)

Dinner: cereals (HeXB) semi skimmed milk (HeXA).

Total Syns: Pizza

Day Five on Extra Easy

Last exam this morning, which went really well so treated myself to a lush lunch of omlette and beans :)

Monday

Breakfast: banana.

Snack: 2 oreos (2.0)

Lunch: omlette with peppers, ham, mushrooms and cheese (HeXA) beans & tomato ketchup (2.0) mullerlight yogurt.

Dinner: chicken and veg stirfry with noodles

Snack:

Total Syns: 4.0 so far

Last edited:
Day Seven on Extra Easy

After a couple of off days celebrating the end of exams with meals out, shopping trips and drinks.. I'm back on track :)

Thursday

Breakfast: banana, strawberries and Mullerlight yogurt.

Snack: oreo (2.0)

Lunch: small bowl of noodles.

Dinner: Extra Easy Chicken Tikka Masala with rice (0.5) strawberries.

Snack: banana

Total Syns: 2.5 so far

Today's Weigh In: 4lbs lost :) Really pleased especially after a couple of days of not being 100%.

Last edited:
Tuesday

Breakfast: banana, branflakes (HeXB) and semi skimmed milk (1/2 HeXA).

Snack: biscuit (2.5)

Lunch: Packet of quavers (4.5)

Dinner: Pasta with roasted veg and tomato sauce and chicken. mozzarella (1/2 HeXA)

Snack: Mullerlight

Total Syns: 7 syns

Exercise: 40 minutes on the exercise bike - 7 miles

Last edited:
I'm really struggling at the moment.. Will power is through the floor and all I want to eat is carbs and chocolate.. desperately need to get on track and sort myself out :(

Don't lose heart - we all have days like that - have a hot chocolate like options or something to satisfy the choccie cravings!

Remember how good you feel when you weigh in and have had a loss!

CharleyBar said:
Don't lose heart - we all have days like that - have a hot chocolate like options or something to satisfy the choccie cravings!

Remember how good you feel when you weigh in and have had a loss!

Thank you! That's lovely of you :) I decided to brave it and went to my local group tonight for the first time... I'm really hoping it will give me the boost I need!

Abi x

Monday 25th July

Breakfast: Vanilla mullerlight yog. and chopped banana

Lunch: Mugshot, Apple and mullerlight yog.

Dinner: Chicken stuffed with peppers, quark and garlic with tomato, pepper and mushroom sauce. Small Jacket potato with quark, brocolli and carrots. A Satsuma

Total Syns: none

I joined my first slimming world group tonight.. the leader was lovely and really friendly :) Anxious about next week and really really want to have lost a lot..!!

hi abigail welcome to s/w and minimins, well done on ur loss. i noticed on some of ur days u aren't eating much for breakfast that might have been why u've been getting hungry and tuesday pkt quavers for lunch !!!!! hopefully now ur at a class you might get a few more ideas for breakfast & lunch ideas. good luck x

Tuesday 26th July

Breakfast: vanilla mullerlight yog. and chopped banana

Lunch: Omlette made with 2 eggs, peppers, mushrooms and ham. Baked beans, tomato ketchup (1.0)

Snack: Nectarine. Half a 35g pack of Revels (4.5)

Dinner: Tuna, broccoli and mushroom pasta bake. Melon.

Total Syns: 5.5

Exercise - 30 mins on the exercise bike

hi abigail welcome to s/w and minimins, well done on ur loss. i noticed on some of ur days u aren't eating much for breakfast that might have been why u've been getting hungry and tuesday pkt quavers for lunch !!!!! hopefully now ur at a class you might get a few more ideas for breakfast & lunch ideas. good luck x

Hi :)

Thanks for your comment. You're so right about the Breakfasts/lunches.. I used to be much better but I've swapped my hours at work so I work a shift over lunch time.. a bit of a killer for getting in good habits. Today was much better though, as I managed to have a late lunch at 3pm, not ideal but better than no food at all! I'm keen to be better so will make sure to up the breakfasts especially.. egg and beans on brown toast tomorrow I think! Yum :) xx

Wednesday 27th July

Breakfast: chopped peach and banana with a mullerlight.

Lunch: Baked beans on toast, (HEXb and low fat marg. Less than a tsp. 1.5)

Friends over for dinner, I made a buffet type thing so had small amounts of: pasta with tomatos, peppers and mushrooms, potato salad made with quark and greek yog. and spring onions, 1 slice of garlic bread( 5.0 - really not worth the syns!)

Pudding: strawberries, merigne nest (3.0) and vanilla mullerlight .. Yum :)

Total syns: 9.5

Good day today despite all the temptations my friends bought with them! :)

Last edited:
Thursday 28th July

Breakfast: fruit salad with apples, pineapple, grapes and banana. Mullerlight yog.

Snack: nectarine and grapes.

Lunch: baked beans and 1 poached egg on Granary toast (HeXB) (low fat marg 1 tsp. 1.5)

Dinner: Spinich and potato curry with corgettes and small portion of rice. It was absolutely gorgeous with a bit of greek yog. on the side :)

Pudding: Strawberries and merigne nest (3.0)

Syns: 4.5

I had a very sneaky look at the scales today and things are moving in the right direction :) Woohoo!!

Last edited:
Back