Hot Air Ballooning

Sarah-Jayne

Gold Member
Im off hot air balooning in an hour and a half, proper scared! Anyone else done it before? What sort of clothes should I wear? Will it be cold up there? Is it safe to take a camera?

Eeeek! Good luck! Never been before...it's one of those things I'd love to do but would be too scared lol let us know how you get on! :D

you've got the weather for it xx. Where are you doing it, is it local? Have fun anyway. Never been myself *afraid of heights*

Im doing it from Colchester as they didnt have any dates available in Ipswich. Give me a wave if you see me lol.

Im proper scared of heights and have been putting this off for two years! The OH got us the tickets for my birthday 2 years ago and ive kept putting it off (or its been cancelled due to the weather) until now lol x

Im doing it from Colchester as they didnt have any dates available in Ipswich. Give me a wave if you see me lol.

Im proper scared of heights and have been putting this off for two years! The OH got us the tickets for my birthday 2 years ago and ive kept putting it off (or its been cancelled due to the weather) until now lol x

you'll love it i'm sure :), ive seen them advertised in Colchester. Was going to get my DH one for his birthday but didnt as I knew he would want me to go with him lol.

wow you will have to tell me what its like - ive booked me and MrBear-to-be to go on our honeymoon for a Champers Flight over the national parks :D i am also super scared!!!!

x

It's too late now to let you know what to wear:rolleyes:

I've been on a balloon ride at the Bristol balloon festival. It was amazing all balloons going up at the same time, I've some amazing photos. Everything about it was fantastic. A wonderful experience & something I would do again given the opportunity.

I'm sure you'll have had a brilliant time. Please let us know what you think;)

Ballooning used to be something I did a fair bit off. I loved it . It is an amazing experience.

I remember the first time I flew, I was so mesmerised by the tiny, little trees,cows, cars etc below that I forgot all about having no head for heights. I was hooked from that first flight.

I was very lucky I had a small promotions company that had a major tobacco company as a client and their publicity vehicle was a pipe shaped balloon. I was able to work with them as ground crew and flew often. It is amazing. Landing is a bit of an organised crash but good fun.

I am sure you will have enjoyed every second.

wow you will have to tell me what its like - ive booked me and MrBear-to-be to go on our honeymoon for a Champers Flight over the national parks :D i am also super scared!!!!

x
Elle, I am sure you and Mr. Bear will love it. That adrenaline rush of being scared is all part of the enjoyment and excitement.

Sarah Jayne, I can not wait to see how much you enjoyed it.

Oh wow it was AMAZING!!! We were so lucky with the weather, it was so hot, even up in the air it was lovely and warm! Only thing I would do next time is take a hat as the burners were very hot on the top of my head lol. The views were brilliant and the ride its self was so smooth and lovely. We even got champaign at the end!

Ohh I want to go again nooooow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xx

Oh wow it was AMAZING!!! We were so lucky with the weather, it was so hot, even up in the air it was lovely and warm! Only thing I would do next time is take a hat as the burners were very hot on the top of my head lol. The views were brilliant and the ride its self was so smooth and lovely. We even got champaign at the end!

Ohh I want to go again nooooow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xx

Hurrah !!!! That is exactly what it did to me. It is such an amazing feeling that you cann't really explain it to anyone.
How as your landing??

So glad you enjoyed it. The adrenaline rush has to be experienced to be understood.
When are you off again lol !!!

The landing was rougher than I thought it would be but was pretty quick and painless (if not a little bumpy!). Landed in some farmers field. Will get some pics up tomorrow :D

If I had my own way Sue, i would go again in the morning lol x

My first landing ever the basket tipped up sideways and we went skidding through cowpats, nettles etc, a herd of cows stampeded, but I felt just like you and could only think of the next time.

Brilliant photos !!!

It's definately the landing part that's scariest for me! I ended up at the bottom of the pile with 3 massive blokes crushing me :break_diet: Just brace your knees and cling on and hope it's not too rough :sick0019:
The pilots are all very experienced though, they have to take so many exams and qualifying flights to keep their pilots licence so you'll be in safe hands which ever company you fly with :):):)

It's definately the landing part that's scariest for me! I ended up at the bottom of the pile with 3 massive blokes crushing me :break_diet: Just brace your knees and cling on and hope it's not too rough :sick0019:
The pilots are all very experienced though, they have to take so many exams and qualifying flights to keep their pilots licence so you'll be in safe hands which ever company you fly with :):):)

That is so true they need a Private Pilots License at the very least depending on the type of balloon.

The one I used to fly in had a brilliant pilot and full time crew as well as the part time helpers who just helped with the ground stuff.

This was the lovely balloon...........

I believe it was one of the biggest balloons of it's time. Look how tiny the basket is under the pipe.

Any one that fancies doing it should go for it. It is an amazing experience as Sarah will confirm lol !!!

Back