Hot by June

KnitNat

Since I met my hubby, I've put on 3 stone, having lost 10 stone on WW and LL. Well, I started on the Exante diet today after being fed up of all my lovely clothes from 2009 not fitting me.

Aim is to be hot by June, since it's my summer ball then and my and hubs have been invited to summer weddings out in the US. Want to lose about 6 stone.

Anyway, have done my first two packets of the day - banana shake for brekkie and mushroom soup for lunch. Soups and shakes are really nice - prefer them to LL, so much more creamy and the taste is a lot milder. Only thing is, can I have a bar on day 1? On LL we couldn't have a bar for the first week, just soups and shakes.

Bought the bumper pack of everything to get me started so I can try everything.

Crossing my fingers for success. I've tried doing LL-type things in before (after I finished LL) but don't think I was motivated enough to stick with them before. Also, the taste of some of the sachets was just gross!

Really, really want to succeed this time. Want to be a size 12-14 (massive shoulders!) by the time June comes round! Exercise today has been blitzing the flat with hubs - too windy and nasty to go out, plus the flat needed blitzing after Christmas!

Hey and welcome to the exante gang!
Well done on losing 10 stone on WW and LL, that is amazing.
Yep we can have bars from day 1 on exante :D

Good luck with your weight loss, I am sure you will be thin and feeling fabulous by june!

Woop. Well, I've made it through today 100% :)
Hope tomorrow will be plain sailing too, though I remember from LL that the next couple of days are horrid. Thankfully at home on Thurs and only doing a small shift tomorrow, so yay!

Gah! The dreaded headache has struck. Bah!

Been 100% so far (strawb shake for brekkie and the choc n orange bar for lunch as I was out of the house - OMG how gorgeous are they?!) and resisting the temptation to have sugar to take the headache away.

At least I am prepared for the headache (and later on in week 8, the night cramps) so it's not come as a surprise.

Bring on ketosis so I can start to feel better!

Back to uni today. Took a bar with me for lunch cos it's easier to do than make up soups and shakes, plus it looks more like regular food so my friends won't start lecturing me about not eating.

Even resisted the temptation of the chocolate goodies one of the guys in my seminar brought for us all. I took one of the boxes and said I'd save it for later so for now, no one suspects I'm dieting.

Don't think I've ever said this before, but I'm looking forward to my WI on Tuesday! Normally scales are approached with trepidation and dread :eek:

How're you doing on it? Lots of restarters now, so lots of moral support!!!

Got on the scales this morning to see what my mid-week weight was and I've only lost 6lbs. I am so mad cos when I did LL I lost 15 in my first week.

Think I'm going to ditch the bars and just have soups and shakes today to see if it boosts it a little with fewer carbs.

Realised today that I must have saved about £20 since starting Exante since I'm not buying flippin' Starbucks and other takeout coffee every time I go into uni or work. I actually made it into town yesterday to work without going for my usual soy white mocha (£3.35) and lunch-from-Greggs-because-I'm-too-disorganised-to-sort-out-a-pack-up lunch (about a fiver).

Is it really sad that I'm thinking of starting a notebook which details exactly what I've not spent money on, to see how much I've saved?! :confused:

Realised today that I must have saved about £20 since starting Exante since I'm not buying flippin' Starbucks and other takeout coffee every time I go into uni or work. I actually made it into town yesterday to work without going for my usual soy white mocha (£3.35) and lunch-from-Greggs-because-I'm-too-disorganised-to-sort-out-a-pack-up lunch (about a fiver).

Is it really sad that I'm thinking of starting a notebook which details exactly what I've not spent money on, to see how much I've saved?! :confused:

Not sad at all. :)

Any way to keep your motivation is a good thing.

Saving significant amounts of money is a great added bonus to the blessings of a healthier and slimmer life! :)

Thanks DQ.

I had my official weigh-in today. It's a day early, but I'm spending the night away from home and I won't have my scales.

I lost 10lbs. I'm happy. I'm aiming for 7 next week, so fingers crossed.

Think I'm finally in ketosis because the hunger pangs are subsiding and I have quite a bit more energy. I'm also re-focussed so yay!

KnitNat said:
Thanks DQ.

I had my official weigh-in today. It's a day early, but I'm spending the night away from home and I won't have my scales.

I lost 10lbs. I'm happy. I'm aiming for 7 next week, so fingers crossed.

Think I'm finally in ketosis because the hunger pangs are subsiding and I have quite a bit more energy. I'm also re-focussed so yay!

Yayyy 10 is great! Week 2 is often a slow one though as your body adjusts so don't be disappointed of you dont get 7 x

Wow, 10lb in a week is awesome, well done! Good luck for next week x

Dear Time of The Month,

After your absence in the last couple of months, why do you see fit to turn up now? Now, when I can't gorge myself silly on chocolate or other yummy comfort foods. I hate you. And now I'm so swollen I can't get my rings off.

No love,
KnitNat

Woke up this morning with plenty of energy so decided to go to the gym for the first time in ages.

30 mins of cardio and I'm knackered!

Doesn't help that I have to bake Challah for tomorrow for my husband, nor cookies for my uni seminar tomorrow too.

It's OK, DH is a dustbin, so he will be my taste tester, not me this time!

Off to the gym in a bit - twice in one week. The staff will think I've lost the plot. Usually they see me once or twice a month, if that. Good job my membership is only £20 a month.

Then I'm off to Tesco for some ultra slim bars - I think I'm going to order a shake-only bumper pack next month as I'm still not loving the soups, so with some Tesco bars, I can make it stretch to about 6 weeks worth. Woo.

Also, can't believe how much money I'm saving. Was soooo tempted by the spicy potato portions they do at the kebab shop on the way home from uni last night but resisted and put the £2.50 I would have spent in my piggy bank.

Either going to have a new wardrobe or a nice holiday at the end of this!

Back