Hot Chocolate recipe?

Saska

Silver Member
Well, it's that time of year for warm drinks and I found this recipe some time ago and wondered if it would be Dukan friendly? I'm not sure about the cocoa powder or milk powder? Advice welcome pls from all you experienced Dukaneers........ tks, Saska

1 heaped tsp of unsweetened cocoa powder
1 heaped tablespoon of fat free/skimmed milk powder
Artificial sweetener
1 mug of fat free/skimmed milk
Add the cocoa powder and milk powder to your mug
Mix to a smooth paste using a small amount of the milk
Whisk in the rest of the milk into mug
Place in the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes.
Sweeten to taste

Saska said:
Well, it's that time of year for warm drinks and I found this recipe some time ago and wondered if it would be Dukan friendly? I'm not sure about the cocoa powder or milk powder? Advice welcome pls from all you experienced Dukaneers........ tks, Saska

1 heaped tsp of unsweetened cocoa powder
1 heaped tablespoon of fat free/skimmed milk powder
Artificial sweetener
1 mug of fat free/skimmed milk
Add the cocoa powder and milk powder to your mug
Mix to a smooth paste using a small amount of the milk
Whisk in the rest of the milk into mug
Place in the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes.
Sweeten to taste

I make this most nights with tesco reduced fat cocoa and its amazing!
Makes me sleep like a baby! Really nice with caramel flavouring as well xx

the skimmed milk powder is fine to use

the cocoa would use up a tolerated item

your milk would come out of your dairy allowance of which your allowed 250ml skimmed milk in total for the day out of your litre dairy allowance

Tks Ellie, will buy some cocoa powder and powdered milk this week and have a go!

Tks also Laura and btw like your new winter coat....... looks sooooo cosy!

the skimmed milk powder is fine to use

the cocoa would use up a tolerated item

your milk would come out of your dairy allowance of which your allowed 250ml skimmed milk in total for the day out of your litre dairy allowance

Hey Ellie, re the dairy allowance you mentioned.....I checked my Dukan Diet Life Plan book (not to check up on you ;) ) and there is no mention on the Attack or Cruise pages of any daily dairy allowance or anything about 250 ml of skimmed milk?? I'm wondering if a page is missing lol as I scanned each of the pages twice over and it just shows up as allowed under Dairy Products on page 39. I know I had problems with a 2 lb weight gain when I started this plan as also under this heading was ex light cream cheese and so I ate and loved Philly....it was only on here that I was put right and told to eat Quark. So this too may be an area which has been missed in the Dukan Diet Life Plan book. I'm curious as to where you got your dairy allowance restriction from? Many thanks, Saska :)

i think its in the FAQ thread saska... i dont have my book as my sister stole it, I know in the past the ladies on here have mention the litre of dairy.... ppl that stall find if they reduce their dairy to a max of 500ml they start losing again

Not had chance to get to the grocery store yet but will do on Saturday as I can't wait to try this hot chocolate...even I should be able to make that ;) I still can't find anything in my book related to dairy restrictions but to date I've been using common sense and not overdoing the dairy and it's been working ok but I would still like to know where it is as it's important for newbies to be aware. I do love my Costa skinny cappo and will restrict that to one a day to make room for the hot chocolate! Tks everyone, Saska x

sorry to butt in on this post, but I've just gone thru my Duken book, and it says that skimmed milk is unlimited, same as powdered milk

tiggerfan said:
sorry to butt in on this post, but I've just gone thru my Duken book, and it says that skimmed milk is unlimited, same as powdered milk

Yes mine says the same, think its just cocoa that's limited to a tablespoon a day which actually makes 2 cups anyway!
Mmm I want another one already!!

Exactly and so that is why I am questioning this 250 ml limit and litre dairy allowance that is mentioned on the forum? I find it all rather confussing:confused:

No need to apologise as you were not butting in....it's good to hear from everyone and tks for checking your Dukan book.

Saska

I must admit I hadn't heard previously about the milk limit, but I did know about the whole dairy limit. I have been measuring my dairy since day one and trying to make sure I don't go over 1kg a day. But having just looked through my book I can't find any mention of limits. I have always used the skim powder, as its in most recipes for muffins and cakes, and I occasionally use it to make up a pint when I am low on my milk in the fridge.

Might be worth a google LOL.
x

I found this information online.

Dairy Limit

Also found this
There is a limit to dairy - this doesn't appear in the book but comes from the DD UK coaching website. A max of 1kg / 2.2lbs a day to include all dairies, milk as well. Some people find that if they have too much yogurt this can cause weight loss to stall so you may want to reduce this a bit and see if it makes a difference.

Read more: Dukan Diet Diary Forum - allowable veggies and dairy

Found this as part of a chat on the dukan site itself.

non-fat dairy (like non-fat plain yogurt) is allowed as much as you like. However, members are often very sensitive to the effects of the extra carbs (lactose) in the dairy so limiting it would be best especially when you start to stagnate.

Tks Dukannotsofatty..you sure have been doing your homework ;)

It's very informative information which I feel should be in the book...again very misleading of Dr Dukan.

Today I did my grocery shopping and have just enjoyed a delicious mug of hot chocolate...can't believe it's allowed! I know I am going to enjoy this drink esp during the winter months. Even the paste tasted good before I added the rest of the milk....yes I was licking the spoon :eek: :D

Have a great weekend everyone, Saska x

Tks Dukannotsofatty..you sure have been doing your homework ;)

It's very informative information which I feel should be in the book...again very misleading of Dr Dukan.

Today I did my grocery shopping and have just enjoyed a delicious mug of hot chocolate...can't believe it's allowed! I know I am going to enjoy this drink esp during the winter months. Even the paste tasted good before I added the rest of the milk....yes I was licking the spoon :eek: :D

Have a great weekend everyone, Saska x

Your welcome hun. I must admit it was a learner for me too. When Ijoined the forum I knew from somewhere (poss here, poss mum) that dairy was limited, so I have religiously every single day logged down my dairy. Now I see reports and answers that says its not limited....so I won't be logging it down again. Mind you its rare I go about 900ml anyway, so i wasn't really close to limit. I knew that I drunk far more than 250ml milk so that was a worry.

I'm going to follow this on the basis that if i seem to be stalling i will try to reduce my dairy in the day. But i do like my yogurts/quark/cottage/milk pudding.

Once i get the bit between the teeth about somethign I will always go looking for answers LOL.

Back