hot strawberry

Lulu1964

I have a tendancy to like my shakes hot.. for some reason they feel more satisfying that way.. so i usually go for vanilla, chocolate, caramel, cafe latte etc

but today was the last day before my new box arrived and i only had strawberry to bring to work with me... its cold today and i was putting off having my shake as i really didnt want a cold one. however as its only an hour or so before i go home i thought what the hell i would try it and see what it was like hot and if it was yukky i would chuck it and have another one when i got home...

but do you know what? its scrummy! :) would highly recommend!!

I'd never have even considered having it hot, I might try it. The only hot one I have is vanilla with a couple of spoons of coffee added on the way to work.

I saw the thread title and immediately thought 'yuk'. I have the chocolate, hazelnut and cafe latte ones hot but wouldn't consider the others. Might do now though!

I've sometimes wondered about having the strawberry one hot, but never quite dared to try it! I shall now, though. Thank you :)

Never had a hot one.. might give it a go tomorrow!!

I wonder if the banana shake would be nice hot? Might try that!

I was wondering about the banana too... I think I will give it a go...

geegee definitely give it a go, makes so much difference especially when it's so flipping cold! Don't mix it hot in the shaker tho, as I'm told that it makes the shaker explode! I make them up as normal, poor it into a nice big mug and then nuke it for 1 min 40 seconds...

enjoy :)

I'm posh and make mine in a blender with ice lol, so I could blend it and then warm it on the hob/microwave.. I'll do one tomorrow and report back!! Xx

I just make them using boiling water from the kettle, I don't bother microwaving them.

I use boiling water and use a hand blender. Works well.

Yup, just stir. Add the water a little at a time, seems to make it less lumpy. Oh and I use a fork, seems to do it better than a spoon.

im not sure what happened to my hand blender, think it must have got lost in a house move... but i might try the boiling water thing... :)

im not sure what happened to my hand blender, think it must have got lost in a house move... but i might try the boiling water thing... :)

you can buy a cheapo one for about £4 in tesco and asda. I definitely like my shakes made with it (especially when using ice just make sure you have a deep jug!). I have a few hot and make them up with the hand blender and boiling water but at work I nuke them after making them i the shaker.

I have a fancy electric blender, you stick it all in the jug, screw the lid with blades on and blend it! Then remove the lid with the blades and replace with a normal lid that you can drink straight out of.. Less washing up and blends the ice in seconds..

I like the sound of ur blender. I've just been whizzing my shakes up in my magimix but its a bit big so thought I'd treat myself to either a hand blender of smoothie maker. What make is urs geegee83?

I like the sound of ur blender. I've just been whizzing my shakes up in my magimix but its a bit big so thought I'd treat myself to either a hand blender of smoothie maker. What make is urs geegee83?

Don't mean to butt in, but I have the Kenwood Smoothie2Go and think that's maybe the one geegee83 is talking about. I think it's brilliant! You can find out more by Googling smoothie2go reviews/recipes - it fits well in a small kitchen, is easy to use and very simple to clean. I use mine everyday.

That's the one Woodmouse!

I love it, makes such nice shakes, I used a handful of ice, make it up to 500ml and then add the powder on the top. Flip the jug upside down and blend. No waste of powder, no chunks and taste like McD's shakes :D

Back