HOT WATER IN SHAKERS!

Hey,

I knew that you were not supposed to put hot water in shakers - i thought this was because it wasnt good for the shaker dohh! caused staining or something i thought....

Anyway -just incase im not the only thick person who thought this - I just seen Gaz mention on another thread not to use hot water in shakes, so i want to clarify why not to!

I brought a shaker to brighton with me - and decided to have a hot choc :D

NOT A GOOD IDEA FOLKS.

The lid just shot off with like some mad pressure build up and I got scalded my hands - it was very sore!

I will probably get a lot of stick for being so silly - but it will be worth it if it stops one person making the same mistake as me! lol

xox

LMFAO..... sorry didnt mean to laugh! Awww hun! Done it before when i forgot to click the lid on my blender and started it (full of sup, pre LT) and had a massive burn on my chest and face!

Gaz means not to put hot water in a shaker(due to burns) not the shake!
Gazza clarify this please or i will look like a tit!....................AGAIN!

NIC I THINK EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT GAZ MEANS ?

YOU ARE A TIT NIC

gaz loves it lol

lol, read the advice and still did this chicken soup all over kitchen.

It is so damn difficult to make anything foolproof.... because fools are so damn ingenious ....

Done the same too - sprayed soup all over a hotel bedroom! Luckily was wearing my glasses and didn't blind myself!!! Did see funny side eventually - but it was quite scary and could easily have been badly burnt. I also thought I couldn't use my shaker because it wouldn't take the heat - rather than it exploding with the steam build up!!!!

Don't feel stupid - easy mistake to make!

Carol x

NIC I THINK EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT GAZ MEANS ?

YOU ARE A TIT NIC

gaz loves it lol
I blame ketosis and skimming reading rather than reading things properly!!
:eek::eek::eek: How rude!!!:eek::eek::eek::D:D:D

Last edited by a moderator:
a little bit of irish in you Julz pmsl. DONT PUT HOT WATER IN THE SHAKER DUE TO IT EXPLODING ALL OVER THE PLACE WHICH MY RESULT IN SCOLDING AND/OR SERIOUS BURNS.
Do I need to come round and rub some cream in for you xxxx

Been there, done that too. Hot water in vanilla shake on week 2, nice little exploSSSSSSSSIIIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOONNNNNNN..oooh!

today I put my vanilla shake into my fresh coffee ? So I poured it into my shaker. First it went lumpy, then it melted my shaker - now got a dent in , then I burn my hand - finally it tasted as it looked lumpy and yuk. So welcome to the klutz club !!

I blame ketosis, lack of sleep , middle age, general life, the universe and all thats in it

In the past I've super-glued my fingers together & accidently dyed my hair ginger so I'm staying the hell away from hot water & shakes :D

OMG!!!!! Poor Julz! Are you alright now?

(Thank you for cheering me up though! I know I shouldn't but I did laugh when I read this thread! Sorry! xxxxxxxx)

x

Taking of super glue - i once took the lid off with my teeth ! do i need to continue except it took ages to open my mouth again !!!

Taking of super glue - i once took the lid off with my teeth ! do i need to continue except it took ages to open my mouth again !!!
Thats a very exterme way of dieting hun lol:D:D

Nearly had a very nasty superglue moment - one early morning with an extreme hangover (obviously pre-VLCD!) reached into my make-up bag and pulled out what I thought were my eye drops and tired to squeeze them into my eye, nothing was coming out and the bottle felt different than normal. Looked at it again and realised it was my nail glue!!!!! Which lucky for me had dried out and gone hard. A mistake I will never make again!!!!! Probably the stupidest thing I've ever done!!!!

Carol x

I did the hot water in the shaker thing a few days ago. I also thought you just shouldn't do it for fear of melting the plastic but I wanted to try a bit of vanilla shake in my coffee to see if it served as whitener. Did this in a cup and it went lumpy so spied my shaker on the side and had a bit of a eureka moment. D'oh. Luckily I started off shaking quite slowly but that was still enough for it to start spitting and hissing everywhere. Good thing I was already stood over the sink! o_O

Back