Houmous as Hex B

Sparkles.

Hello

Sorry another question from me. I have bought myself some reduced fat houmous today to have some with some veg for a snack tonight but I am very confused as to how much I can have as my book (and the SW website) both have entries for 28g and 58g for reduced fat. Can anyone help explain what I should go with, it is Morrisons brand if that helps...

Thanks!

28g of humous is listed as a speed food to help with weight loss. 57g is an ordinary HEB, so you can go with either it just depends on how much you want and whether you want to use it as a speed food.

Thanks, I think that explains it. I am having a green day today and have had no HexBs, so can I have 57g, count it as two and it still be a speed food?? Sorry for all the questions, I think I'll get there one day lol!

Thanks, I think that explains it. I am having a green day today and have had no HexBs, so can I have 57g, count it as two and it still be a speed food?? Sorry for all the questions, I think I'll get there one day lol!

absolutely - 57g would be 2 'speedfood' B choices, 118g would be 2 ordinary b choices

yummy!

Thanks for asking that question - guess what's going on my shopping list?! :D I love humous but for some reason hadn't thought about it being on sw diet. I'm still struggling to remember everything! :sigh:

I only found out by accident!! I was looking at Hex's online and saw that a certain houmous was now one which made me look closer. I am glad as I love houmous, I could've almost eaten it straight tonight rather than dipping pepper strips into it!!

If you feel adventurous you can make your own which is very easy.

You can find 'Tahini' in most supermarket (a jar of pulped sesame seeds) and 2 dessertspoons of this is 1 HEX B. Mix this with 1 tin of drained chickpeas, the juice of 1 lemon, 1 clove of crushed garlic and a little salt. Whizz this in a food processor and dribble in a bit of water until it is the consistency of houmous.

This makes a massive pile and contains free green/ee food and 1 HEX B- delicious with carrots, mange tout, baby sweetcorn, celery and peppers for well more than 1/3rd superfree- yum

xxxx

Sorry I'm a bit slow on the uptake :) Is it only low fat houmous? And is 28g a HEXB and 57g 2 x HEXB? Thanks, am about to change from green to red days and think houmous would be a good option for me. I expect 28g of it isn't very much though?

Back