House selling tips please

Hiya MD

De-cluttering is definitely the way, and, if you can bear to take down some pics (and they don't leave marks where they were) then that will make your house look even more spacious and buyers are looking for lots of space. It's traumatic though as you are putting treasured personal things away, but you could think of it as being a part of the packing ready to move process so it's less painful. :)

Also -not sure if anyone else has suggested it or not, but fresh flowers dotted around are a good thing too.

Apart from that the key really is to keep it looking immaculate and like a show home rather than your beloved family home.. it's not nice though.. but I do think that it helps sell.

Really hope it all goes well :D the sunshine will help too!

Thanks Jennie

Yes the sunshine should help, let's hope it stays for a while.

I've warned Kev that I will be buying fresh flowers every week, as part of the selling process of course - good excuse, but def. makes the house looks nicer.

I've heard that it's partly about lifestyle too, and making your lifestyle as viewed through your home more desirable helps to sell, as people want to emulate and have that for themselves - if that makes sense. So fresh flowers (oh we have those every week dahling) and that sort of thing all helps - even if it is a big fat lie :p I was wondering whether to have a few well oiled, loin clothed young men to stand around the house, or would that be taking it too far :rolleyes: :p

Back