how after 3 days i have put on 3lbs

5sttogo

I have stuck to this diet 100% religiously no cheats
I have been starved almost fainting starved!! I can't comprehend it at all in crying my eyes out why would my body do this????

Do you know for absolute certainty your scales are identical to the ones your CDC weighed you on?
Weight can fluctuate massively through the week which is why you shouldnt do midweek weigh ins. Put the scales away and dont check them. If you stick 100% to the plan you CANT put on weight :) x

Your body is probably adjusting to CD... why don't you stop crying (you'll give yourself a headache on top of the CD headache... not good!) and stay being 100% until next week's weigh-in? What's the point in jumping on the scales? Are they the same scales as you weighted on originally - or not? That could be the difference.

Are you drinking enough water?

If you've been 100% you've got nothing to worry about - you will lose weight - but don't be scale jumping all the time. It will just upset you.

Don't worry.

Lx

But I have stuck to it 100% and I have! What would be the point in me lying :-(

Noone said youre lying the point is you CANT put on 3lbs in real weight so its either just a natural fluctuation, the scales, TOTM or water retention. Its not a real gain.

Did you weigh yourself when you got home from your CDC and compare the readings?

yes i did, its so disheartning though I am starving and gaining it just seems insane! I would have lost weight on a conventional diet by now on my first week if not sts but i certainly would not have gained i though this would be hard but fast. :(

Are you drinking plenty of water? It'll help flush your system out and will definitely fight the hunger pangs! I've been having a few black coffees when I just can't bare the water anymore..

Seriously youre not gaining real weight. Daily weigh ins can be really good for some people but clearly youre not one of them, you need to put your scales away, stick to the plan the way youre doing and wait til you have your weigh in at your CDCs.

Checking the scales is only going to sabotage your diet :( Its not worth it. Keep going and Ill bet you anything youre pleasantly surprised at your official weigh in :)

away to counsellor to get weighed at her scale to see if by some coincidence i have 2 faulty pairs of scales :(

I've stuck to my diet like glue for 7 days solid! Been to the gym religiously & I sts today.

Absolutely fuming, I even cried (sad I know) but I have to loose weight for my Ivf treatment & the appointment is looming nearer each day & when the scales don't move, my chance of having a baby kind of slips away :( x

Hey,

I've just started today and I know how disheartening it must feel to appear to have gained weight BUT can I suggest like everyone else has that you don't weigh yourself at all and just wait until you are supposed to have your weekly weigh-in. I know that when I am coming up to my period I can gain up to 7lbs but then in the days during and after this drops off. You could simply be retaining water in which case its going to balance itself out. Be patient, don't give in or up and like you have today post on the forum and people will respond and try to help you as they have here.

:)

Thanks all just back from my counselor and it appears I have bought 2 pairs of faulty scales!!

I have lost 4lb in 3 days :-D feel silly now

Thank you MFH I'm just relieved to be honest. Thought my body had lost it xx just shows you home scales even new ones are rubbish xx

I replied on yuor diary saying exactly the same thing...PUT THE SCALES AWAY!!!! And well done for the 4lbs so far hehe, you can do this, it is a big emotional rollercoaster aswell as a physical one but hang on in there xx

Yes you're very right there and the desire to have a child and being unable to does make things seem very bleak at times, trust me i know!!! This diet does 100% work though as other diets do obviously haha but does show pretty quick results when you stick with it, you might even find an increased libido too as a bonus haha xx

Back