How are you finding the diet??

Wobble Wonder

What do you think so far?
How do you feel?
How much have you lost?

If you had to give one pro and one con... what would they be??

Share please!!!:D

1. dukan is brilliant
2. fab
3. 49lbs

pro: stick to dukan 100% you will reach your target
con: you get fed up chicken! LOL

Chris - Have you cheated at all? What happens if you have? Do you go back to Attack?

Christmas Day I had some champagne and a few extras other than that not really - I just continued doing cruise. Loss is slow now because Im almost to my true weight but I'm determined to get there. Cheating is not an option for me as I dont want to undo what ive worked hard at for almost 30 weeks!

Please note that I'll be asking you questions. You have been very successful - it is good to read your story and hear your responses. Did you average 2-3 lbs a week in the beginning? Just following the book has gotten you so far, eh?

Thanks!

Chris - Have you cheated at all? What happens if you have? Do you go back to Attack?

This is not a diet where you can cheat. At all. If you do, put it behind you, and carry on as before, maybe with an extra PP day, but do not repeat the whole attack - it's really not good for your system.
I lost my weight a more than year ago, I stuck with it and saw a steady loss of ~2lb per week (though it was never consistently down, the weight can stick for a few days even go up before dropping down again)

Wobble:

1, it suited me - no counting or weighing
2, felt great throughout (except day 4 attack)
3, 2 stone

Pro: No weighing & counting. I rediscovered fish in a big way.
Cons - A bit restrictive if you have a busy social life (I don't) / can be done with some careful planning.

If you want to start - read the book, read the 'FAQs' pinned to the top of the forum. Plan carefully when you start. (for example not a week before going off on holiday / attending a wedding)

Thank you for the advice - I will take all of this into consideration. No more cheating for me!

I bought the book, did loads of research and followed and continue to follow the advice from this forum. The help here has been fantastic and I could not have got where I am now without it.

Wobble Wonder said:
What do you think so far?
How do you feel?
How much have you lost?

Share please!!!:D

1. It's doable, although target seems far away! If you can get over other folks reactions to ur meals it helps! If I don't judge you eating leftover microwaved pizza why judge me eating grilled chicken breasts?!
2. Feel motivated and thinner! Clothes looser, lots of energy and I'm not carrying an extra 11kg around every second!
3. I've lost 11kg since january 9th

Pros: it works and is adaptable.

Cons: i don't want to be a total lightweight when I drink again. And I'd like a drink soon! It's harder to go out for meals, but only in that planning is needed. And I find it costly to buy all the protein I want and need!

I'd recommend it though! Xx

1) great!
2) great!
3) 30+lb

This diet suits me & it feels quite extraordinary to have lost weight so painlessly and so quickly, when I know my Mum struggled for years with her weight. I see people all the time who could really use the knowledge I have now about this dieting stuff, but really this is a journey we each have to make for ourselves.

Good bits - no calorie counting, no limits on permitted foods, never feeling hungry, and just watching the weight drop away! Feeling a lot better, a lot
quicker! Muffins!

Bad bits - boredom on pp days, ESP chicken! (but I do have a low boredom threshold). Everyone assuming I'm naturally skinny and have never had a
weight problem in my life. My favourite jeans getting falling down enormous.

But all this I can live with....!

1) This way of eating is wonderful
2) Much better, brighter, less tired, sober!
3) 91lbs

Pro: you can eat as much as you want if you are hungry!
Con: no alcohol till Conso, but losing weight is better than the nicest wine!!

Great to read such positive feedback! Really looking forward to getting going, have the book so will read that this week and will study all the threads around here and learn as much from you folks as I can!

If you can get over other folks reactions to ur meals it helps! If I don't judge you eating leftover microwaved pizza why judge me eating grilled chicken breasts?!

I love this, it's very true. I'll have my comebacks ready!:D

1. Love the diet and no longer craving carbs and sugar
2. HAPPY!
3. 88lbs
Pros - clear cut rules, simple and easy to follow once you have read the book!
Cons - Not easy to do'on the hoof' so to speak - when you are away a lot (and I am through the summer) you have to be incredibly organised to make sure you always have food to hand. Failing to plan is planning to fail on Dukan for me!!!

Last edited:
What do you think so far? Its the best diet in the world and i wished i had known about it years ago

How do you feel? Absolutely fantastic :D:D:D

How much have you lost? 70lbs/5stone so far and only 6 more to go

Pro would be that the strictness of the diet suits me and im very rarely hungry or bored with my food

con would be the fact i need a whole new wardrobe of clothes :p

Back