How can they get away with it?

Elvira

Mistress of the Dark
Hi guys,

I guess this question is mainly for the CDCs but also as a point of discussion.

It always amazes me how many people start CD, particularly on SS or SS+, and are given loads of false information about the diet!!!

Just today I was reading about someone who had been told they could have 4 bars a day! I am always reading posts where people have been told they can have Coke Zero.

How do these CDCs get away with giving out this information?

Gem x

How do these CDCs get away with giving out this information?

Gem x

They dont really. More of a case of not being found out. Few people report them because they feel a loyalty, think it's only them 'suffering' and can put with it etc.

So annoying!

I'm so lucky I have a good one! Mind you, I should think most people have a good CDC, it's just an unlucky few who don't x

I'm so lucky I have a good one! Mind you, I should think most people have a good CDC, it's just an unlucky few who don't x

That's the thing. There are many more good ones than bad ones, but we tend not to hear about them.

Can you imagine if we had threads that said

"I asked my CDC for advice...and she gave me the right sort...just thought I'd let you know" :D

good point, it annoys me as a new starter, mine said to have just 2 bars a week but would like more, i think you can have one a day, so i think i will ask her for 4 this week, and see how it goes.

the misinformation can be quite bad really, cause someone with a good cdc may ignore their advice and start messing things up and then wonder why the diet gets harder for them.

that said, i can understand people not wanting to be the whistle blower, to be honest i think i'd just change to another cdc if mine was like that. mind you the next nearest is in her team anyway!! lol.

you are doing really well by the way :D its nice to see success here too after looking only at the LT threads for so long.

I think what a CDC says and what is in the book can be two different things sometimes.

Like, on my first day, I turned up really anxious at my CDC's door. She is brilliant. But she told me I could have coke zero and I have had. Now I know the book says you cant have it. However, in everything else, she has been perfect. If it isnt in the book then it's not allowed. As with the bars, I've been told you can have one a day!

thanks msblonde! hope you find CD works for you too :)

lillypop-love your blog! keep it up, you are doing great! x

Now see, the thing with coke zero is, some people can have it and stay in ketosis, some cant.

As a CDC, I tell all my folk to stick by the book, but sometimes a little flexibility will keep them on track better. I like to think that the 'not in the book' advice is a bit like life. You take what you need.

Generally, a lot of the 'advice' you see on here will be things that other folk have tried, worked for them and thats great. I advise that dieters follow 100%, by the book, for the first two weeks, and if they come back to me struggling, then we discuss other things that may be able to introduce. Some suggestions work, some dont. Its all relative, and individual :)

Hopefully, everyone has a supportive, informed CDC, if you are unhappy, you should tell them. We all try to do our best but sometimes we need to be told things too :D - I often have blonde moments but my lovely lot keep me on track :rolleyes:

I have a great cdc and she has given me all the correct info, But I have tried different drinks to see what effect it has on me and I check my ketosis levels regularly while trying new drinks. Perhaps I have been lucky I'm not sure?, but I have had good weight loss and I drink diet coke of any description and flavour and Tesco slightly sparkling flavoured water and am doing ok, as is my daughter, we are 6 weeks in for me and 30lb down and 4 weeks for my daughter and 20lb down, so I agree that it is different for different people.
Cheers Tiz:D

I understand your frustration! I have many clients come to me from different CDC's whether locally or they have moved here from another area of the country and you would be amazed what I hear! I hear all sorts of advice, like, go join the gym and do an hour of aerobics on SS wtf?
It is frustrating, and the only thing CDC's like myself and the ones on here can do is give out the correct advice according to the books.
Its disappointing when people say oh my CDC said blahblah... when you know its not right, but once people are doing the plan differently to the books its very hard to change minds, unless weight loss stops! :D

thanks spooky!

about the aerobics thing. i have been doing SS for 10 weeks now and i just started going to Jazzercise this week (pretty much aerobics-10mins warm up, 20mins aerobics, 20mins muscle toning and 10mins warm down) which is in 1hr sessions.

i'm planning on going twice a week-is this okay? i felt ok while doing it except for being out of breath and aching but that's down to me being grossly unfit!!! x

Personally I would not do any exercise that gets your body into aerobic zone, you could start to retain water and weight loss can stop. I suggest walking lots, swimming, and stretching and toning like yoga or pilates.
It certainly says in the pink Sole Source booklet on the first 2 weeks of the programme you should take limited exercise. Any increase after that should be gradual.

im well impressed with the exercise your doin soontobe.... im on day 6 of restart and feel as week as a kitten. i would love 2 go swimin but have always been embarassed about my weight.:eek: the thought of myself in a swimming cosi makes me cringe.maybe wen i get a couple of stone off ill give it a go ...but u go girl your doing so well xx

thanks sue! i thought about swimming but yeah, i don't want to frighten everyone out of the pool!!!

most of the women at jazzercise are overweight so i don't feel like i stick out. it's so much fun too. i'd be gutted if i have to give it up :( x

im well impressed with the exercise your doin soontobe.... im on day 6 of restart and feel as week as a kitten. i would love 2 go swimin but have always been embarassed about my weight.:eek: the thought of myself in a swimming cosi makes me cringe.maybe wen i get a couple of stone off ill give it a go ...but u go girl your doing so well xx

Why not ring round local amenities and see if there's a Ladies Only session?? Lots of swimming pools do that now :)

thats really good thought spooky but im really bothered bout my size even with all women... be ok if they were all blindfolded hehe. all my friends are pretty much slim (i hate them) :jelous:... no i dont really.. but it is tough exercise wise if ya embarassed and i cant really talk2 them cos they just say ...oh u look ok ... wen clearly i dont! and if your not overweight or ever been there u cant really understand...im startin 2 rant sorry.. lol xx

My sister (Caress on here) is on CD and really conscious about her weight. She is tall and currently has a high BMI, about 38 IIRC. She wanted to start swimming and did at a ladies only session. She loves it. No one looks or judges. Have a think about it. It can only benefit you in the long run. :)

Back