How can you visualise yourself thin?

Discussion in 'Bring your Head Inside and your Body will Follow' started by hur575, 5 November 2008 Social URL.

1. hur575

hur575 Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st12lb
    Current Weight:
    19st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(2.88%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    My consultant advised me to visualise my self thin? How can I do that? I have never been thin? I just can think of getting to smaller sizes but the image of me been thin, I can not imagine? I think I am fat, and even if I lost a lot of weight I still look fat? Do you understand what I mean? Any advice?

Last edited: 5 November 2008
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    I can't visualise myself slim but I can still picture myself when I was 21 and i was slim then so that's the picture i have in my head

Irene xx

4. coley144

coley144 Creating my life

Start Weight:
    21st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st2lb(33%)
    Diet:
    No diet. Pregnant
    I have never been a slim adult either so I visualise myself wearing all the clothes I want to wear and suddenly I'm thin!

5. Silence

Silence Bouncing back

Diet:
    WW Discover Plan
    I can't visualise myself thin, what I do do is visualise myself doing something I can't do now... for me its jogging. It might be worth a try.

~Silence~

6. sparklychar

sparklychar Doing this for last time

Start Weight:
    16st11lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Back on Cambridge....
    I find this so so hard as well. Perhaps looking at some clothes you want to fit into and feel confident in? Or I look at my friends as we're getting ready to go out and think ' I really wish I could wear that strappy top/dress/shorts etc....'

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.