how come some people eat the tesco bars instead?

ive been readin through peoples diaries and some people eat the tesco bars instead? how come? is it ok to deviate?

And im assumin bouillion is ok as a drink on TS? read that a few people drink this on TS

Cat x

Hi there, yes it's absolutely fine to eat the Tesco bars instead. They have virtually the same nutritional ingredients as the Exante bars, they're way cheaper and they taste far nicer too! (I'm eating one as I type this!)
Bouillion is also fine - some people drink it and some people add it to the soups to vary the taste slightly.
Well done on your losses by the way :)

i need to take my losses out my siggy, those were on lipotrim lol

so if theyre cheaper do you buy the exante shakes n soups? surely you cant get much cheaper than the bumper pack?

whats the highest amount of carbs you can take in before you dont go into ketosis? if that makes sense lol
thanks for the reply

I'm not sure on the Ketosis question sorry...I was wondering the same thing myself.

But yeah, I do order the bumper packs on Exante. You can get a pack of just soups and shakes if you want to.
As it happens, we decided to get a bumper pack of shakes and a bumper pack of soups seperately (my boyfriend and I are doing this together). He prefers the shakes and I prefer the soups so we're going to stick to that for the time being, and maybe swap a few with each other for variety.
The Tesco bars are come as 3 in a box for £2.50, but they're on offer at the moment for £3.50 for two boxes (6 bars) so that does make them quite a bit cheaper than Exante. They come in chocolate and raspberry flavours, and I think they're the nicest I've tried (I've also tried Slim and Save and the Biggest Loser bars)

you had a great loss week one, well done, and your man lost 2 stone in the first week?!?! wow!

what is the actual name of the tesco bars hun?

Thank you :) yeah he was just 4lbs short of 2st in the first week...and now he's not far off 2.5 stone!
Sorry, I forgot to say, the Tesco bars are called ultraslim I think!
You find them where all the vitamins and medicines are in the shop, near the slim fast stuff.

i need to take my losses out my siggy, those were on lipotrim lol

so if theyre cheaper do you buy the exante shakes n soups? surely you cant get much cheaper than the bumper pack?

whats the highest amount of carbs you can take in before you dont go into ketosis? if that makes sense lol
thanks for the reply

From what I can gather, that can vary between people. Just like the amount of time it takes for us to go into ketosis can vary. There's a lot of posts about people struggling to get to ketosis, but I got there before the end of day 2 with little difficulty.

My thought would be that the harder you found it to get into ketosis then the less you want to risk messing about with any extra carbs, although I can't proove this, I suspect that you would go out of ketosis easier and then you would have to go through getting back there. If you do that to yourself then it isn't a lot of incentive to stay on this diet, the point is that after the first few days, then it's relatively easy not to eat.

I can top up without affecting ketosis. I've done so a few times, mainly on very high protein or very low carb stuff, but I did snack on something that contained nearly 20g of extra carbs with no ill effects. I won't say what I've eaten here, but i can do on the non TS board if you're interested. I do TS maybee 5 days out of 6, but I do have a tendency towards getting leg cramps, needing extra potassium, and there are low carb sources of that I can top up on.

From what I can gather, that can vary between people. Just like the amount of time it takes for us to go into ketosis can vary. There's a lot of posts about people struggling to get to ketosis, but I got there before the end of day 2 with little difficulty.

My thought would be that the harder you found it to get into ketosis then the less you want to risk messing about with any extra carbs, although I can't proove this, I suspect that you would go out of ketosis easier and then you would have to go through getting back there. If you do that to yourself then it isn't a lot of incentive to stay on this diet, the point is that after the first few days, then it's relatively easy not to eat.

I can top up without affecting ketosis. I've done so a few times, mainly on very high protein or very low carb stuff, but I did snack on something that contained nearly 20g of extra carbs with no ill effects. I won't say what I've eaten here, but i can do on the non TS board if you're interested. I do TS maybee 5 days out of 6, but I do have a tendency towards getting leg cramps, needing extra potassium, and there are low carb sources of that I can top up on.

and have you lost 21lb in 3 weeks doin it this way? i usually get into ketosis by day 2, or did do on the atkins and LT.

i am considerin the workin solution to start off with until im well into ketosis and the hunger pangs are gone, as today i felt rather sick and ill because i was hungry. Once im there hunger very much subsides then i can move onto TS, what do you think?

and have you lost 21lb in 3 weeks doin it this way? i usually get into ketosis by day 2, or did do on the atkins and LT.

Yes. I'm planning to weigh in again this weekend, but the main indicator I'm doing fine is that I'm not experiencing any real hunger. I'll let you know what my weight loss for this week is by Sunday.

I think there's an attitude that you do this properly or not at all, and that is what some people need, but the right way is what works for you. If a bit of ch***en will stop you feeling so ill that you can't stay on this long enough to get into ketosis, then do it.

I will also say, I work in a food factory, and it's all high carb stuff. looking at it for 8 hours a night puts me off wanting to eat for most of the day.

Last edited:
i love the tesco bars, they are lovely and good value, not so keen on the biggest loser bars, they are very expensive at £1.50 just for 1 and give you jaw ache!

nice to know there are some other couples doing this as me and hubby have been doing it together.

Even at £1.50 the BL bars are cheaper than Exante and when you look at them as being a meal replacement a meal for £1.50 is pretty good value :)

Theyre reduced just now at Tesco, Im going later to stock up :)

Back