How Did You Become Fat?

Yeah, we're considering getting a bike each, and we've both started a calorie counting diet, so hopefully we'll permanently change our ways lol.

How much does Go Lower cost? I've been reading lots about it on here, but the Go Lower website doesn't tell you how much it is? I really like the sound of it x

Hoz the best thing I can advise you to do is call Go Lower,. mention that you know me via this website and I believe you will get something like 10% of your first order! Talk the plan over with them. They are really nice and helpful people. Tell them your likes and dislikes and they will work it all out for you.

They then send you a food parcel which includes everything - breakfast, lunch and dinner and the most important - snacks! Yes snacks, chocolate ones at that! All you need to do is supplement the meals with fruit and veg. It's sooo easy, I don't feel like I'm even dieting! The meals are delicious as are the snacks and bars. They even have this bacon snack thing that is like eating a bag of crisps! And there is no washing up! Its great because when I've done other diets in the past, I've still had to plan and think what can I eat today - well not with Go Lower...you open the cupboard, choose a meal, heat up and eat. Couldn't be simpler. After a week or 2, you then go into something called ketosis. It's great because then you don't even feel hungry! I struggle to finish my meals now, especially my lunch time one.

Give them a call, you've nothing to loose except lbs!!

Good luck and let me know how you get on. Any questions please ask and I'll do my best to answer, but I tend to ask my personal consultant, afterall that's what they are there for!

Hope you enjoy the bike riding. My son (3yrs old) saw the neighbour the other day riding her bike with her little boy attached to it and asked me where my bike was - I don't have one! He was not impressed!! BTW - with Go Lower you don't have to exercise..!

xx

I am quite tempted by Go Lower, it does sound amazing, especially getting snacks included.
I'm doing all right for the moment on calorie counting and exercise, but if I hit a plateu I'd probably turn to that. I've heard the weight comes off super-quick, but the only thing that concerns me is how easy it is to maintain once you stop? I know with a lot of other diets the minute people stop the weight just piles straight back on.

Edit - Also what sorts of drinks are permitted with Go Lower?

Hi Hoz,

SuzyK, is also doing Go Lower and has just come back from her hols and although she is not at her goal weight yet, she didn't follow the diet - she learnt what we've been taught and how to maintain. She didn't put anything on!!! I've always been scared of maintaining, but with news like that, it's kept me strong and motivated and now 'bring it on'. Can't wait to get to the stage of maintaining. Because Go Lower IS real food, you just get used to eating the right amount and the right type of food.

When it comes to drinks, I'm an avid tea and water drinker and don't really drink much else. Occasionally squash, but so occasionally I don't even know if you are allowed to drink it or not! I'll check with Go Lower for you and if I remember I'll ask SuzyK in another thread and see if she knows.. I'll get back to you.

Good luck with calorie counting and exercise.

xx

Really? That's great to be able to go on holiday and not gain anything!
I usually go for tea and water too, but I do love the occassional coffee (or if I feel particularly naughty cappucino).

If I do go to Go Lower I'll let you know so I can give them your name, it won't be for a little while as I'm in college til July so don't have a lot of spare cash.

i started gaining weight since i went to the states to study
the food in the usa is way too unhealthy
and before i realized i gained 60 pounds in just few years
authentic chinese food back home is so much healthier than the Americanized chinese food served in the usa
i lost so much weight since going back home mainly because of the food
japense food is also very healthy, not teriyaki or deep fried stuff
i mean those raw fish etc is pretty low in calories, i eat them alot to lose weight!

I went away to uni, stopped doing all the sport I used to before I left. I lived in catered Halls of residence and it wasn't exactly the most healthy food. Late in the evenings we'd often get pizza or potato wedges ordered in. And I drink waaay too much cheep beer at the Student Union. It didn't bother me at the time because I figured when I graduated and got a job I'd join a gym and get the weight off, but I didn't!! It took me 8 years to get to breaking point where I had to do something about it because I was sooo unhappy. I tried every other diet known to man in the meantime and never managed to lose more than 2st. But with CD I actually managed to get back to a healthy weight. Shame I put a couple of stone back on.

I never became "fat" per se, but I notice I gain when I'm under stress because I look for confort food. So I usually gain a bit during university exams.

I never became "fat" per se, but I notice I gain when I'm under stress because I look for confort food. So I usually gain a bit during university exams.

Wow Aline, I looked at your stats and you really, really do not need to lose anything.. why would you want to border on underweight? :(

Sadly my route to being fat is much like many others here. I am desparately trying to break the yo-yo dieting cycle that has been pretty much my life for the last 35 years. Realised, after all those wasted years that my lifestyle had to change drastically. On a brighter note- am now lighter than I have been in over 21 years and feeling so much better. BUT know how easy it would be to slip back.
Thank you all so much for sharing such personal details.

Wow Aline, I looked at your stats and you really, really do not need to lose anything.. why would you want to border on underweight? :(

Instant Karma I really appreciate your concern, but no worries:)
I have a very very small frame, so I really don't look skinny, just slim.
I just want to loose a bit, tone up more and I make sure I never go underweight;)

Sadly my route to being fat is much like many others here. I am desparately trying to break the yo-yo dieting cycle that has been pretty much my life for the last 35 years. Realised, after all those wasted years that my lifestyle had to change drastically. On a brighter note- am now lighter than I have been in over 21 years and feeling so much better. BUT know how easy it would be to slip back.
Thank you all so much for sharing such personal details.

Good luck. You seem to be doing really well. So keep going and don't give up. I've also yo yo dieted for years. Lost with SW but as soon as I stopped put it all back on again and some! I'm now doing Go Lower, which is the easiest diet I have ever been on. I've been loosing a stone a month as the blurb says you will - never believed it till it began to happen, and I think maintaining this time will be easier...no calorie counting, no weighing out, just sensible food and sensible portion sizes - it really has been a change of way of life!

Keep us posted on how you're dong.

xx

My weight gain is probably due to me having 4 children and not worrying about what i was eating. I never ever thought about the fat or calories in foods i just ate what i fancied.
I must admit i was on the depo contraceptive injection for 6 months and i gained 2 stone! never again!

Lack of exercise, I honestly don't eat that much, but I do eat the wrong things. It's a mix of being childlike fussy when it comes to food and being one lazy git.

I started suffering from acid reflux last week which was caused by my weight and diet, this was a big eye opener for me and I binned everything and anything that's "bad" for you and replaced it all with zero fat, zero sugar jelly, yoghurt etc. I'm also cutting out bread totally and obviously all snacks, plus I'm drinking water exclusively now, whereas before I'd not drink a sip, I was all too found of Yops and Frijj.

I hope in a month I'm still sticking to it and I'm getting results.

Lack of exercise, I honestly don't eat that much, but I do eat the wrong things. It's a mix of being childlike fussy when it comes to food and being one lazy git.

I started suffering from acid reflux last week which was caused by my weight and diet, this was a big eye opener for me and I binned everything and anything that's "bad" for you and replaced it all with zero fat, zero sugar jelly, yoghurt etc. I'm also cutting out bread totally and obviously all snacks, plus I'm drinking water exclusively now, whereas before I'd not drink a sip, I was all too found of Yops and Frijj.

I hope in a month I'm still sticking to it and I'm getting results.

SteveH, welcome to the forum. Are you following a diet plan or just generally replacing foods with healthier options and cutting down?

SteveH, welcome to the forum. Are you following a diet plan or just generally replacing foods with healthier options and cutting down?

I'm extremely fussy, think 5 year old kid who will only eat pizza fussy, for some reason I just don't enjoy the taste of most foods, this prevents me from going on a traditional diet.

Basically I'm cutting down heavily, no sweets, chocolate, crisps etc, I'm also removing bread from my diet, instead I'm having some multi grain cereal for breakfast instead of 4 giant slabs of toast covered in butter. I've also swapped out the insane amounts of milkshake I'd get through (around 6 litres a week) for bottled water, I'm now drinking a few bottles a day compared to the 0 I was before.

All in all I'm eating nowhere near as much and I'm eating as healthy as my abnormal palate will allow. It's only been a few days but I feel a little better already.

I'm extremely fussy, think 5 year old kid who will only eat pizza fussy, for some reason I just don't enjoy the taste of most foods, this prevents me from going on a traditional diet.

Basically I'm cutting down heavily, no sweets, chocolate, crisps etc, I'm also removing bread from my diet, instead I'm having some multi grain cereal for breakfast instead of 4 giant slabs of toast covered in butter. I've also swapped out the insane amounts of milkshake I'd get through (around 6 litres a week) for bottled water, I'm now drinking a few bottles a day compared to the 0 I was before.

All in all I'm eating nowhere near as much and I'm eating as healthy as my abnormal palate will allow. It's only been a few days but I feel a little better already.

SteveH, that is a massive change in your lifestyle...be careful not to over do it. Too much change at once can make you give up and quit all too easily. Of course it does depend on your type of personality, are you someone that once you've put your mind to something then you can do it? Good luck, don't mean to be negative, just be sure of what you are doing, after all you know yourself best! On the positive, at least you know what you need to cut out and are now doing something about it.

BTW - Welcome to the forum and good luck - we do all support each other here....hope cutting everything out works..
xx

SteveH, that is a massive change in your lifestyle...be careful not to over do it. Too much change at once can make you give up and quit all too easily. Of course it does depend on your type of personality, are you someone that once you've put your mind to something then you can do it? Good luck, don't mean to be negative, just be sure of what you are doing, after all you know yourself best! On the positive, at least you know what you need to cut out and are now doing something about it.

BTW - Welcome to the forum and good luck - we do all support each other here....hope cutting everything out works..
xx

The main reason I made such a drastic change was I have acid reflux, it started shortly before I started changing what I eat, it was an eye opener for me and the reason for the change.

I honestly haven't had many cravings, which makes me wonder why I got fat eating the junk in the first place, that's not to say I don't have temptations, put a Big Mac or a pizza in front of me and I'd have to chop my hands off not to eat it, but I'm simply not going to put myself in a situation where I have to make that choice. Plus, I do my shopping weekly so once that money is spent on healthy food there's no turning back, even if I had a breakdown mid week I'd have no money to buy anything bad for me :)

The main reason I made such a drastic change was I have acid reflux, it started shortly before I started changing what I eat, it was an eye opener for me and the reason for the change.

I honestly haven't had many cravings, which makes me wonder why I got fat eating the junk in the first place, that's not to say I don't have temptations, put a Big Mac or a pizza in front of me and I'd have to chop my hands off not to eat it, but I'm simply not going to put myself in a situation where I have to make that choice. Plus, I do my shopping weekly so once that money is spent on healthy food there's no turning back, even if I had a breakdown mid week I'd have no money to buy anything bad for me :)

I'm really pleased for you....How's it going? I hate the cravings but thankfully am over that now..it must be a bit like withdrawal symptoms when coming down from a high and going cold turkey...Thankfully with Go Lower I don't feel hungry so that really does help. I wish I was able to just cut out the junk like you...but am not stronger enough to do that.

Good luck and hope you keep losing.
xx

I'm really pleased for you....How's it going?

Not so bad, my acid reflux has cleared up at least. I'm not really having any cravings and I always have something light on hand if I get hungry, I'm really liking Hartley Blueberry Jelly. The biggest shock to my system is the exercise, going from absolutely nothing to even a small amount is very hard, finding the motivation to get on that bloody bike is really hard some days.

ive always been chunky, was a size 16 at 13. just down to too much eating and probably slightly my genes ill never be skinny, but ill be happy just to be able to look in the mirror and smile

Back