How Did You Become Fat?

breadbin, sorry to hear about your dog. We had to put my dog down a few years ago and it was one of the saddest days of my life. Will never forget it. Still talk about the dog now and even my kids know who he was (even though they we're born). Have pictures all over the house of him. My OH and I had discussed having our dog at our wedding, but our parents soon put stop to that! Have you thought of getting another one? Then you can go back out walking...dogs are such good company.

xx

I got with my OH 3 and a half years ago now and the weight has gone downhill ever since lol :S

I stopped doing any activites and exercising, I started eating the junk that he eats (and gets away with I might add!!!).

When we moved to Southampton for 6 months I comfort ate missing my family and boredom because he was always at work. Now ive been stuck in a rut of bad eating habits, overeating and not doing nearly enough exercise.

Ive started walking 30 minutes on my lunch breaks and this forum is realy helping me keep motivated :-D

breadbin - sorry to hear about your dog

My dog was my best friend and was 18 when I lost her, it was devastating as she'd been around my whole life (I was also 18 when she passed away)

She had a good life though thats what I have to tell myself :)

I got with my OH 3 and a half years ago now and the weight has gone downhill ever since lol :S

I stopped doing any activites and exercising, I started eating the junk that he eats (and gets away with I might add!!!).

When we moved to Southampton for 6 months I comfort ate missing my family and boredom because he was always at work. Now ive been stuck in a rut of bad eating habits, overeating and not doing nearly enough exercise.

Ive started walking 30 minutes on my lunch breaks and this forum is realy helping me keep motivated :-D

Its good to do walking....what a good idea to do it in your lunch break....gives you something constructive to do. I also love this forum, the help and motivation from others is great. Not sure if I could have got as far without the help and comfort from everyone on here.

xx

Its very interesting and motivational hearing others stories.

Helps you to realise that you arent alone in the struggle and there are others who can help you and relate to the problems

Very interesting reading. My answer to the initial question "how did I get fat" would be - dieting.

Otherwise my story is very similar to Lola Belle's... scarily so.

I started my first diet at less than my target weight now. Cripes!

Its very interesting and motivational hearing others stories.

Helps you to realise that you arent alone in the struggle and there are others who can help you and relate to the problems

That's why I love being part of this forum. The motivation and help I get from others keeps me going and I know I'm not alone. We all have similar stories and have all dealt with issues in different ways. It's good to hear what works for others as it helps me.

Good luck and keep strong
xx

That's why I love being part of this forum. The motivation and help I get from others keeps me going and I know I'm not alone. We all have similar stories and have all dealt with issues in different ways. It's good to hear what works for others as it helps me.

Good luck and keep strong
xx

Exactly - I think its the only thing that keeps me going at the moment!

I know what you mean JoeyJoJo. This forum is such a help to keep the motivation up - if anything it takes away the boredom of doing nothing in the evenings as I can't snack and type, I guess its good for that too. Although with Go Lower, I don't feel hungry, but it's still the boredom and habit of eating for the sake of it, especially in the evenings... need to find a hobby!

Good luck and keep motivated
xx

I ate and drank too much, pure and simple. I would drink wine every night (all those empty calories!) and would think nothing of having loads of sweets, a huge bag of crisps and maybe some sandwiches for supper on top of meals! I'd develop crazes on particular sweets or crisps and eat loads and loads of them. I kidded myself that because I did a lot of walking I was burning it off but I knew really that I wasn't. I was fat and absolutely hated it. I just developed some very, very bad habits.

I'm only halfway to my goal now but the difference losing the weight has made has been unbelievable. I'm so much more confident, I've suddenly started enjoying clothes shopping and can wear nice clothes and I have so much more energy and enthusiasm.

Lucky Cat - I'd go through massive phases with food too, it was like once I got that craving I could eat endless amounts of whatever food it was, and still want more when I had run out!

The main reason for me was learning to drive, having a car, and simply just because the food was there.

The worst part is, I haven't really missed eating like that.

Last edited:
The worst part is, I haven't really missed eating like that.

Same here Sugar Fiend! That's the depressing thing about it, I've wasted years of eating like that when all it would have taken was a couple of weeks to break the habits and a few months of hard work to really make a big difference. I still do have sweets and crisps (I think that when you deprive yourself of something totally it makes you want it all the more), but I'll only have a small amount and maybe only a couple of times a week.

Its true, I've not missed eating and gorging on food. Like lucky cat, I still will have a little treat now and again otherwise if I slipt up, I'd never stop eating the rubbish. I'm lucky as with Go Lower, they supply you with some really nice treats, chocolate covered nuts as an example...I could eat loads of those but now I'm happy to have the 3 in the bag supplied and really don't want any more...

Its a shame all that waisted time, but better late than never!

xx

Yo-Yo dieting has made me put on more and more weight each time I "gave up"....Therefore I am now healthy eating for life rather than dieting and actually enjoying it :)

My oh and I kind of made eating a way of spending time together, if that makes sense? You know, most couples would spend time together by going out, doing things like the cinema etc, but we never did any of that (after nearly 2 years together we've not been out on an actual date!) we'd either stay in with fattening home-made meal, stay in with a take-away or go to the nearest drive through.
Now we're both fat lol.

Yeah, we're considering getting a bike each, and we've both started a calorie counting diet, so hopefully we'll permanently change our ways lol.

How much does Go Lower cost? I've been reading lots about it on here, but the Go Lower website doesn't tell you how much it is? I really like the sound of it x

I don't really know how it all started... I can't say I was a greedy kid, because whenever I had any sweets or chocolate or anything, my big brother stole it off me, I was always getting in trouble for scoffing my Selection Box on xmas day, and it was NEVER ME!!!!! lol

Guess I just grew to be greedy..

Last edited:
Back