how did you decide on goal?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by thefirstlady, 24 April 2011 Social URL.

1. thefirstlady

thefirstlady Member

Hi all,

How did you decide on your goal weight? I've just popped mine on after talking with the leader at 10% but I know I have at least another 3 st after that to lose too.

Did you all put a smaller, more achievable goal, to start or put the full whack on?

Sorry if this has been asked before x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Minus3.5

Minus3.5 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.85%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    My ultimate goal is to lose 3.5 stone. That leaves my just at the top end 'normal' weight for my height. Until I start to get a bit closer I don't know if I will go all the way or not. I want to be a comfortable size 12 but as I can't really remember the last time I was there I don't know how much weight that is.

As 3.5 stone will take me at least a year to achieve I'm going to do mini targets along the way. First one is to lose a stone by end of May. When I get there I'll set myself another one for summer or my birthday.

I like having a mini target as it's a lot easier to aim for and seems very achievable from where I am now.

Zoe
    x

4. Clareel

Clareel Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(10.37%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating/ ADF
    I've set mine at 9stone 3 as it brings me to the middle of the healthy weight range for my height. Also when I was 10stone 7 before I felt as though I had about a stone to go, as I was just feeling my size 16 jeans getting baggy. I'd like to be a size 12 ideally at would settle for a 14 as I have quite wide hips.

I'm not sure if that will be my exact final target and think I may need to re-evaluate once I get closer, but that's where i'm aiming for now.

Best of luck everyone x

5. Clareel

Clareel Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(10.37%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating/ ADF
    I've set mine at 9stone 3 as it brings me to the middle of the healthy weight range for my height. Also when I was 10stone 7 before I felt as though I had about a stone to go, as I was just feeling my size 16 jeans getting baggy. I'd like to be a size 12 ideally at would settle for a 14 as I have quite wide hips.

I'm not sure if that will be my exact final target and think I may need to re-evaluate once I get closer, but that's where i'm aiming for now.

Best of luck everyone x

6. Morgawr

Morgawr Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    SW Group
    I have set mine at 10st 7lbs as it is about in the middle of my healthy weight range.

7. Briar

Briar Member

Start Weight:
    11st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st4.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4.5lb(2.76%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've opted for 9 stone but might allow myself to go down to 8.5 depending on how i feel if and when I get there.
    I haven't been 9 stone since I was about 19 and I'd really really like to feel as good as I did then :)

8. krupskaya

krupskaya Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(12.22%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - green
    I've set mine for 9st 7 as I maintained at that or lower for ten - fifteen years. I'm only 5ft 2ins and didn't want to set it lower as I wanted a target that's realistic for me to maintain.

9. hollys nan

hollys nan Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st8lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(17.98%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Still struggling with this one tbh! I am 5'10" tall and want to be a size 12. Having said this I have got into size 12 shorts today, but think they really are nearer a 14 as non of my other size 12 stuff fits me yet! I am now 11st 6lbs (will hopefully be less tomorrow) so am thinking of setting target to 10st 10lbs. Will see what my c says. I only lose very slowly so am expecting to be still doing s w for some time.

10. miss_emmajane

miss_emmajane Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have based mine on being in the middle of the healthy range in my BMI :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.