How did you feel when you started LL?

louale

Silver Member
Hi All,

I will be starting LL on 5 Jan 09 and will have had approx 6 weeks build up before I start, so lots of time to think about it!

I wanted to ask how you felt, what your thoughts were prior to you starting on LL - Did you KNOW that you would stick to it and lose all the weight? Did you think that maybe you could stick to it a couple of weeks, then would give up? Have you really surprised youself by sticking to it 100%, or did you know that you would? Have you found it easier/harder than you ever thought? Lots of questions.

Louale x

I felt amazing and knew it was the right thing for me to do, my confidence has wavered over the past few weeks but I'm back on track now and feel more confident than ever about doing this. It's literally the best thing I've ever done FOR MYSELF!

Emma xXx

I think determination was a key theme for me too as well as the cost. Also commited I think. I very much had the attitude of 'go all the way or don't go at all'. Sticking to the plan has always been an ever present goal. It turns out that was my most important goal too as there are men in my group who have been there significantly longer than I have and lost less weight. I know you can't necessarily compare two different people but if you lapse, it simply doesn't work as well and that's a fact.

I'm not meaning to be judgemental of people who do lapse as I have a lot of respect for people who can get straight back on the programme after a hiccup but I've seen so many people come and go because they didn't take the plan seriously and, lets face it, when it comes to weight loss, this is about as serious as it gets. Focus is the key! :)

The 3 weeks before I started LL were a nightmare.
Every day I wanted to be on the program already!!!
I found myself "making the most" of the time I had left before LL started to eat everything I wanted (looking back I probably gained about 1/2 stone in the run up to it!) which looking at it now was so stupid, I was signing up to LL because I'd had enough of being so overweight, and yet I was stuffing myself "while I had the chance".

My mind was really conflicted, but I knew that LL was the right thing for me to do, and that I WAS going to do it. I KNEW and still KNOW that I will NOT falter; there is nothing in this world that could make me eat something before I'm alowed to now, especially this far in.

As for finding it easier/harder, I agree with LastStraw, its been so much easier than I thought it would, though I mainly put that down to embracing all of the ideas of the program, reading up on the CBT/TA beforehand, really changing my though patterns within the first 2 weeks and knowing, without any doubt, that I absolutely WILL BE 3 stone lighter by 2009; it would be impossible not to.

And thats what I love most about this program.
So long as you obey the rules, it's IMPOSSIBLE not to get slim :)

For the 6 weeks run-up you have, I would advise to do the exact opposite of what I did; don't spend your time "savouring" the time you have left to eat, start cutting down NOw, espeically on the bad carbs/crappy junky food. It'll help you no end when you do start, as your carb withdrawl will be far less, and you'll also be getting your body used to taking in less amounts of food (both in terms of calories and physical amount of food eaten) though I understand that if we could do this we wouldn't need LL so don't feel you have to do it, I know I couldn't/didn't want to.

Lastly, don't be afraid of change. Your thoughts, feelings and general attitudes towards food (not to mention other aspects of your life) will change dramatically on LL, if you let them. I hardly recognise my "mental" self, I'm in such a new place that I've never been before where food is not linked to everyday activities, feelings etc. and it's wonderful. I look back at myself this time last year, and it's like looking at a different person - I can't believe I was so stupid to do the stuff I did, to eat what I ate and to not do something about it.

All the best for Xmas and New Year, and good luck for your first LL week - it'll be here sooner than you think!

Pete :)

I had to wait 5 weeks to start LL so I took the decision to do Lipotrim until my start date as I didn't want to pile anymore weight on.
It's the best decision I've ever made and stuck to both plans 100%.
The weight comes off so fast that you don't seem to become despondent with it.

i start on the 5th jan (i hope) and i have to say i have been doing what pete did, making the most of the time i have, i didnt even realise untill last week, and have it under controll again, but it is so easy to do, my aim now is to not gain before my start date, i wont loose i know that but not to gain over xmas will be a huge acheivement!!!!!!!

I think determination was a key theme for me too as well as the cost. Also commited I think. I very much had the attitude of 'go all the way or don't go at all'. Sticking to the plan has always been an ever present goal. It turns out that was my most important goal too as there are men in my group who have been there significantly longer than I have and lost less weight. I know you can't necessarily compare two different people but if you lapse, it simply doesn't work as well and that's a fact.

I'm not meaning to be judgemental of people who do lapse as I have a lot of respect for people who can get straight back on the programme after a hiccup but I've seen so many people come and go because they didn't take the plan seriously and, lets face it, when it comes to weight loss, this is about as serious as it gets. Focus is the key! :)

I wholeheartedly concur.

I always find myself amazed people do this diet, with the sole intent of breaking it for a holiday coming up in a months time or so. That defeates the entire basis of this type of diet!! And likeyou - I would never judge - I just don't understand is all.

So, well said Guy.

i start on the 5th jan (i hope) and i have to say i have been doing what pete did, making the most of the time i have, i didnt even realise untill last week, and have it under controll again, but it is so easy to do, my aim now is to not gain before my start date, i wont loose i know that but not to gain over xmas will be a huge acheivement!!!!!!!

You never know - I had my info meeting the end of November, and started LL on 8-1-08 - just attending the meeting, and all the mental prep work I was doing, I actually managed to lose 3 or 4 pounds over Christmas.

In fact - the Christmas meal as so nenjoyable, I barely ate anything!
Funny old thing, food and our heads, and how we cope!

In any event - good luck!!

xx

I felt so determined and excited!! I had been on here for the 6 weeks while I was waiting and seeing everyone lose weight, I just couldn't wait to be part of it all!!

On the day I was nervous about what the group was gonna be like and seeing my start weight etc. My group was ace, my weight was bigger than I thought BUT it made me set a goal and stick to it!!

Good Luck and well done youve found a fab program that works if you follow it to the letter!!

x

I had about 5 weeks to wait before I started and was just really excited. I read up on it (sadly only discovered minimins about week 6!) and saw that it worked. Like for most people, it was my last straw. But the time was right. This was going to be it. I was going to do it this time.

I agree about the lapsing though. I never lapsed on foundation and only ate once in my whole time on abstinence when it was 45 degrees on holiday in Egypt and after passing out 3 times it was recommended I had something more than my packs! (still lost 9lbs in 2 weeks though)

I think when you see the lbs come off in the first week it's so satisfying and keeps you going. Some people in my group lapsed a few weeks in but they never really seemed to be that determined to get to their goal. Personally I didn't have much sympathy. You either do it or you don't. It's pretty simple!

I was always one of those people who read stories of huge weight loss and saw the pics and never thought I could do it. It was just too much to imagine. But now I'm here. I've done it. And if you really want to do it, nothing, not even chocolate fudge cake and ice cream, will tempt you to lapse.

Once you're in ketosis it's almost like you stop thinking about food. It's not part of your life. You don't need it. You have your packs (learn how to make muffins and crisps to break up the monotony of shakes-see recipie thread) And if you want to fit into that size 10 dress next Christmas (as I am this year) just keep that picture in your mind and it'll keep you going.

I set myself 'mini goals' like going to visit someone I'd not seen for a while or a function where I wanted to be down another dress size. Something about once a month to keep me motivated. Even the smallest thing like having a work meeting with colleagues who haven't seen you in a while is motivation-get used to getting lots of compliments!

I know they say on other diets you shouldn't buy clothes that are too small as it has a negative impact if they don't fit. LL is different. I bought a pair of Levis in the summer sales. Far too small and couldn't get them past my hips. Then I fit into them, wore them for about 6 weeks, then sold them on ebay as they were too big!

It really is amazing to see your losses every week. And to see your inch loss too.

Just to motivate you... this are my stats

Originally weighed 24.5 stone-lost the first bit by giving up alcohol.
Started LL in March 2008 weighing 22 stone 1 lb
Now weigh 11 stone 6lbs
Total loss on LL 11 stone 7lbs in 8 months (over half my body weight!)

Was size 28/30. Now size 10/12
Waist was 58 inches, now 28. Total loss 30 inches !!!

Yes, I might be showing off a bit but I'm really proud of what I've achieved. And I'm not ashamed to admit it.

LL works if you want it to. If you want it to, but want pie too, it won't!!

Good luck with your journey. You'll be great I'm sure xx

Awwww, thank you so very much for all taking the trouble to respond to my post, you are such a lovely bunch.

Thanks for the advice.

Louale x

Back