How did you set your goal?

Anisah

A pound at a time
I was in the US Air force and was 126 pounds (within my height/weight range) and even then I wasn't quite happy with my weight. So I set my goal 6 pounds beneath that to see how I feel. I can't remember ever being 120 pounds and I am starting to feel like 'hmm is that possible?' In the Air force I was fit from all the physical training etc so I have no idea why I wasn't happy with that.

How did you pick your number?

just within the healthy weight range for me! Can't ever remember being that weight so might re evaluate, who knows?! It's exciting

my original starting weight was 21 stone 12lbs 6 weeks after my little girl was born 3 years ago....over the time i have lost weight and my goal was set purely for even numbers!

WHEN i get to 10 stone 5, i will have lost 11 and a half stone in total...
Would love to say i would be happy with 10 stone 12 to make it an even 11 stone...but i dont think i will now! ha ha ha! :)

xxxx

I'm tall and I can remember for ages being 13 stones and never being able to get below that, it was almost like a mental block. Prior to that however, I was 12 stones when I got married so I know I was OK at that weight (I have the photos to prove it!) so 12 it is for me
2 stone to go......

Well I've looked for a BMI of 25, which is 154lbs.

Then I knocked 7 lbs off that to give me my target of 147lbs. Although I might lose an extra pound to make it a round 5 stone loss.

I am 5' 5" and my first goal is 10st 7lb. I know this is achievable. However, I have then set myself further goals of 9st 7lb then 9st. I may not look good at 9st, maybe too thin so might stop at 9st 7lb. I will have to wait and see how I look and feel.

I am 43 now and even though I looked good at 9st when I was 23, I think when you get older you tend to look more gaunt etc. I would rather be a little bit overweight than look older than I actually am :)

My goal weight is 9 1/2 stone dont know why its that but when I started just thought that was ok but now Im getting closer I would quite like to be in the 8 stones........ so see how I go I will get there and then go from there xxx

My goal is still outside of what is considered healthy, but I remember being that weight years ago, and I didn't have a big belly or boobs, I just looked normal. I don't want to go so low as to look like a beanpole, and I remember feeling fit and healthy at that weight, so I'm aiming to get there again.

I had a more physical job back then though which probably helped. But I'll get down to my goal and see what happens; if I'm happy then I'll try and maintain but you never know, I might be inspired to go down a bit more. But not too much, I might try and get some proper muscle tone instead, and go for a six pack to replace the keg I've got now ;)

My CDC and I took the healthy BMI range for my height then went in the middle- which is 9 stone- I don't ever remember being 9 stone, so I have no idea what it'll feel like....

When I was young I was about 8 1/2 stone and thought I was fat! A few years back I got to 9 1/2 st with Atkins and although I was happy I was still a wee bit fat. I would like to get under 9 stone so that I have a half stone to play around with. I did Cambridge Diet 25 years ago to get from 8 1/2st to 7 1/2st in 2 weeks. I came off it and ate everything in sight and put it all back on instantly! I was very skinny at that weight. But, hey, I'm much older now so 9st will do nicely, thanks!

BTW Curly, You look perfect just now from your photo. I wouldn't lose too much more if I were you- men like a bit of meat!

I went for the number smack int he middle of my healthy BMI But when I was half a stone heavy, I was quite slim so i will see how I feel when I get nearer my goal...

x

Mine is an interim one which is the result of a bit of a standing joke. I go with a group for girls weekends away every so often, and months before the first one we were seriously 'on a diet' with the intention to 'lose four stone' by the next weekend away. Of course it didn't happen and with two weeks to go we were still saying 'well, I'll have lost four stone by the time we go'.

Went on weekend away and had a brilliant time, but very unhappy with my weight/size (in fact, thats partially what triggered my return to CD). Going on the next girls weekend in September - so I shall have 'lost four stone by then'

Which is possible! (just!)

Ideally I'd like to be 9 stone 4 simply because I remember being that weight and liked it, and its a sensible weight for my height.

I originally went for 12 stone (a stone above the top end of healthy BMI for me ) but a couple of weeks ago decided to go for another stone to take me to nearly a healthy BMI. I think if Id stuck with my original goal I wouldnt have been truely happy even though 12 stone is a much healthier weight for me than my start weight of 17 stone!.

I can remember being 9stone 2lbs when i got married, I know i will never realistically see that again. I would have had a nice figure then but 18 years and two children later i would love to be 10 stone. I put on 4 stone with my first daughter and when she was a year i was back to 10 stone and i was really happy with my weight. Started to gradually put it back on, another pregnancy, didnt lose it all, life goes on so did the weight and now i'm on CD!
I'm just over a stone away from target and i'd really like to do it.
Mx

Back