1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

How different groups have different "feels"

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by nic_noc1, 29 July 2009 Social URL.

1. nic_noc1

nic_noc1 Full Member

Hi all

Today, for the first time, I went to a different meeting to the one I normally do. Same place, same leader, just a different time and day, and therefore obviously different members.

I have to admit I didn't stay, I just got weighed, so maybe not a fair trial really... but I noticed how different the group "felt". I can't even explain why. Not because I didn't know them, or I was shy, because I'm not a shy person at all! Just different...

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. lulubelz

lulubelz Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    Hm...I am going to have to change groups next week, as I will start a new job on monday, meaning I cant get to it for half 5. Hope it's not too different....I kinda like my group! :)
  4. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

I love my group and all the people, we have some real characters!
    However, it's also pretty cool to visit a different one from time to time to see how then do things and the "feel" of the group, although you never feel part of it though!

We got a new consultant recently and she is lovely (like the old one was) but runs the group very differently to the old one.
  5. aliflower

aliflower Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    I went to the group before my usual one this week and was amazed at how different the atmosphere was - far more chatty, more laughter! My usual one everyone seems to be a bit zombiefied...could just be the time of day everyone tired after Monday at work etc...Just gutted I can't get there every week!
  6. StaceyUK

StaceyUK Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    My group has won 'Friendliest Group' for London 2 times now in the past 3 or 4 months! :D
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.