How different groups have different "feels"

nic_noc1

Hi all

Today, for the first time, I went to a different meeting to the one I normally do. Same place, same leader, just a different time and day, and therefore obviously different members.

I have to admit I didn't stay, I just got weighed, so maybe not a fair trial really... but I noticed how different the group "felt". I can't even explain why. Not because I didn't know them, or I was shy, because I'm not a shy person at all! Just different...

Weird!

Hm...I am going to have to change groups next week, as I will start a new job on monday, meaning I cant get to it for half 5. Hope it's not too different....I kinda like my group! :)

I love my group and all the people, we have some real characters!
However, it's also pretty cool to visit a different one from time to time to see how then do things and the "feel" of the group, although you never feel part of it though!

We got a new consultant recently and she is lovely (like the old one was) but runs the group very differently to the old one.

I went to the group before my usual one this week and was amazed at how different the atmosphere was - far more chatty, more laughter! My usual one everyone seems to be a bit zombiefied...could just be the time of day everyone tired after Monday at work etc...Just gutted I can't get there every week!

Back