How do i cook a whole chicken in my slow cooker?

Thanks for this, I've been out to buy a chicken and I'm going to cook it tomorrow so it's ready when I get in from WI. I'm always desperate for food once I get in from group and hate cooking on a Tuesday for some reason lol. I wonder if my husband can manage to steam some veg while I'm gone.....:giggle:

Thanks to this thread I did a chicken in my SC. Fantastic, fell to bits and really moist. I've taken all the meat off it and have just made stock in the pressure cooker with the carcass.

There is never anything wasted in a slow cooked chicken Judi, except the very clean meat free bones, LOL.....

mmmm definatly going to give this a go...I did jacket spuds in my slowcooker today, they really are yummy!

just wrapped them in foil and cooked on low for 8 hours, as recommended by someone else on here

Great thread - thanks :)

I have a chicken in the slow cooker as I type. I lined the bottom with chopped onion, apple, lemon, thyme and sage. It went in just after 1pm and hoping to serve at 9pm tonight. Was going to leave it on high for all of that time, but having read this may turn it back to low and add garlic. I forgot to spray with fry light, so may do that - it's nearly 3pm . . . better late than never!!

OK stupid question time.......do I have to skin it before putting a whole chicken in or can i just take the skin off after it's cooked? I usually roast chicken and just remove the skin obviously afterwards but would like to try doing it in my slow cooker...if it'll fit that is!

Leave the skin on until cooked and then it falls off. Mine was lush and will definitely be doing it again soon. So easy :)

W ill have to try this will leave skin on and remove at the end .Do you need a tiny bit of liquid on the bottom or not?

W ill have to try this will leave skin on and remove at the end .Do you need a tiny bit of liquid on the bottom or not?

nope

Back