2 mins walking
3 jogging
2 mins walking
3 jogging

3mins walking
2 jogging
3mins walking
2 jogging

i want to be able to slowly build up my fitness (so i dont wanna callopse after 20mins)

whats the best way to do this

4 mins walking warm up
3 min jogging
1 min walking
3 jogging

1mins walking
2 jogging
1mins walking
2 jogging

Just build it up slowly and decrease your walking time. If you find this too tough even do {1m J : 1m W} for a week, then {2m J : 1m W} and every week increase your J by even 30seconds, the start decressing you W time, you'll be running before you know it!
This worked for me before, but I'm lacking the motivation to get back to it! If you have any spare please send some my way lol! Good luck x

i started a new diet and found loads of energy

I'm using the Couch to 5k app on my iPhone, but you can also just get the details online, can't remember the website but try googling 'Couch to 5k' - it's supposed to get you from nothing to running 5k in 9 weeks... I'm only in week 1 though so let's see if it works!

I'd second the C25K programme. You'd already be fit for weeks 1-2 of it, and it aims to get couch potatoes running 5k in 9wks. You can download free podcasts that talk you through each session.
From then you could follow a 10k training programme that'll slowly build up your stamina. HTH?

think i will try it, but heard the music on it is a bit wick

I started in Oct only being able to run 3 mins max on the treadmill, and each time I went to the gym I added a min or two depending how good I was feeling about it. When I got to bigger mile stones like 5, 10, 15 mins I stayed with that for a week or so or until I felt comfortable, then I would push for another couple mins, when I got to about 15 mins I then started upping the time in 5's....im now running 5k in 30 mins!

Good tips about the magazine and c25k programme...i'll definately be having a peek at those too!

but heard the music on it is a bit wick
Well, it depends on your taste- it's not mine personally (;)) but the tempo is great for keeping your pace, and he tells you when to run/walk without having to faff around with a stopwatch?

well i've downloaded the couch to 5k podcasts and will start when my chest clears

thanks girls

i've tried that program before and it does work however i wanna increase my distance not my time............. as such

Back